• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hi all.

Me and my teenage son have been playing Snowrunner and had fun together. I wanted to have a building project together and an RC crawler looked fun, getting Snowrunner vibes into the real world :) I have zero experience with RC, but I did build plastic and paper models in my youth. Since building together was one of the main things I wanted, I ignored all advice saying "start with RTR" and bought a kit. By many accounts, Traxxas TRX4 sport is a good kit to start from, and I ordered it. I didn't want to spend too much time choosing the parts and battle incompatibilities and quirks, so I went with whatever Traxxas recommended for the kit. The only thing that I chose to be beefed up was the battery, 3S lipoly.

We've spent the past weekend building it up. It was fun experience. Some things got easy sailing, some offered a bit of a challenge and some we messed up :) We fixed it up and got to the moving chassis and got the test drive done. Damn this thing is fast. The suspension articulation makes me happy. Well, there's no turning back, I ordered different gear set to get it a bit less jumpy so there's less demand on precise throttle control :)

Painting is then next big thing. Wish us luck!

I found the forum when I was looking what parts people put together with TRX4 Sport kit and http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/607511-soze-rejoices-traxxas-trx4-sport-kit.html came up. I haven't used anything from that thread, but it was helpful nonetheless. I figured I'd join the community, and found some good topics in the local NorCal/SF BayArea section :)

Last edited:
Hey y'all.

New guy from canaduh. Haven't been round RCs in 15+ years

I got into 1:1 Rock crawling and built a '79 IH Scout SSII

Going down to TN in a few weeks and they are running a rc rock crawl at an IH centric event.

So I needed a rock Crawler RC. So I been looking for an axial or redcat to out the redcat scout II axe body on and paint like mine.

I just picked this one up for $250. Haven't had a chance to go over it yet. It looks well used. Not sure it it's a gen 7 or gen 8.

But I want to get a set of Nitto trail graps for it. In the biggest size possible.. I'd like wider axles too since my rig is on 1-tons and 40s.

9f179985b4e2fe7ed6e8fa2598198ba7.jpg
547aeeaa96b250f8bee2adb91a61345e.jpg

New crawler enthusiast from Chula Vista CA (San Diego area).

Getting back into RCs after 30 years out of it. The military sent me to German back in the early '90s and I left everything at my parents house. Fast forward 30ish years and my daughter ran across my box of old RCs after a house move. She was very interested so it was off to the local hobby store where we picked up a couple Arrma Typhons and went bashing. She is as much in love with it as I was back in the '80s.

Anyways, I am now very interested in crawling and picked up a Vanquish Stance over the weekend and messing with it in the backyard for now.

Looking forward to digging back into everything crawling and RC in general. Maybe even restore one or 2 of my old RCs...

51130746141_96046e9849_b.jpg

Welcome from Escondido! Discount Hobbies in San Diego is a good hobby shop if you don't have one down there.

Hey everyone! It feels so good to finally be back. I had logged out and forgotten my password and for months I'd try to use the "forgot password" system but it would never send me an email. I also had tried starting a new account with a different email, but it would never get approved by admins. Finally today I tried the forgot password again and it worked!

How's things been in the world of RC? :D

hi from ky,
my son and i are about 4 months into the hobby. got started with an amazon special, good ol hbx 2997A. it started the itch lol.
then i got an ecto, and got my son an everest 10. we got a few 24 scale but meh not for us, then i got a bouncer, we got a base camp, picked up a typhon 3s and a redcat on an awesome facebook deal. got a cen f450 with a gooseneck trailer to haul em when we find shows close enough to go to.
look forward to learning here.

Got my first crawler over a year ago, a nice ol' Panda Hobby. Two months ago, I fell down the rabbit hole into this wonderland of scale life! Currently have (2) element 1/10 (ecto and trailwalker), (2) traxxas 1/18, all 4 camel trophy land rovers 😅, a couple axial 1/24. Got a fj40 in the mail. So yea, I'm deep in it now. I'm really excited to find this group cause it's been difficult finding hobbyist in my area. I'm really looking forward to being part of the community.

Hi all,

Newb here from Manchester Uk

Ive built an Element Enduro kit with Hobbbywing 1080 and HH CrawlerMaster Sport 550 12t, Artful Dodgers SOA front Mount, Yeah Racing Dive Shafts, Rock Pirates Interceptor LCG Chassis and a few other choice bits.

Good to meet you all and Thanks for having me.

Hi all,

Newb here from Manchester Uk

Ive built an Element Enduro kit with Hobbbywing 1080 and HH CrawlerMaster Sport 550 12t, Artful Dodgers SOA front Mount, Yeah Racing Dive Shafts, Rock Pirates Interceptor LCG Chassis and a few other choice bits.

Good to meet you all and Thanks for having me.
Welcome! That's a good build. I urge you to create a build thread. Not only will we read and enjoy it, but it will also be a reference for yourself next year to help you remember which mods you did to the truck. This is especially helpful for the stuff you can't see like gearing, etc.

Welcome everyone, I'm the guy living on the other side of the pond. I loved watching what people posted, thanks for sharing!

Back