• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

All24's pitbull/berg first build

When you have a group of guys using crappy mailing scales, all bets are off. LOL. Thats why I have always taken weights on here lightly (pun intended).

Thanks for the good words and support!

When you have a group of guys using crappy mailing scales, all bets are off. LOL. Thats why I have always taken weights on here lightly (pun intended).

Thanks for the good words and support!

Your welcome Erik

Erik,

I wasn't trying start anything here. Calm down...... I was just trying to answer the question raised by cougar72 who had been PM me all day. I figured it was just easier to reply here with a picture. Your wheels look well made and strong.

Barry

Jeff,

No problem at all with you.... Welcome aboard and I hope you find all your assistance and help here. Glad to help you out with information....

Barry

Erik,

I wasn't trying start anything here. Calm down...... I was just trying to answer the question raised by cougar72 who had been PM me all day. I figured it was just easier to reply here with a picture. Your wheels look well made and strong.

Barry

I would be curious to know which parts of my replies you took as being directed towards you.

I would also be curious to know which parts of my replies you took as me being hyped up.

Alright I got some parts in WOOHOO!!!! Thanks to RCBROS and Lattice Innovations (shift hubs). I have a roller now"thumbsup" nothing is final yet cause i still have stuff on order. I'm hopping to have it all next
IMG_1247_zps13a11d9b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1245_zps276520b2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I was playing with the front axle today and i realized that there is some play between the hub and the bearing (VP knuckles). Does anyone make a shim kit for this problem if so where do you suggest to get it from?

I may be wrong, but that play is usually because the axle shaft is moving in and out of the axle tube. You can use shims to reduce this but you want to be sure to keep the uni centered between the kingpins.

thanks McTwist!!!

Ittbitty- if I were to cut the tubes a little that might take care of it. There still will be a space between the hub and the bearing though

thanks McTwist!!!

Ittbitty- if I were to cut the tubes a little that might take care of it. There still will be a space between the hub and the bearing though

I have just done the wraith chub and knuckle conversion to mine there is a gap between the hex pin and the outer bearing on mine. I don't think cutting the tube will help take that gap away.

I was playing with the front axle today and i realized that there is some play between the hub and the bearing (VP knuckles). Does anyone make a shim kit for this problem if so where do you suggest to get it from?

Uhggg...slop is a constant bother. Washers help. But slop happens in every configuration of every axle.
Do work....Get-R-Dun!
Rig looks sweet ...
Great geometry!"thumbsup"

I have just done the wraith chub and knuckle conversion to mine there is a gap between the hex pin and the outer bearing on mine. I don't think cutting the tube will help take that gap away.

Very true, I'm guessing that the issue I'm having is really between the uni and the locker. I might cut the tube just a little to allow axle to go further into the locker and this should resolve the issue I hope.

A little update :for: fresh Voodoo tires and CI foams man i'm getting excited!!!
IMG_1254_zpsd6cb52ef.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I will agree!!! Now comes the fun of wiring it up the 60/40 makes the front just a little tight to fit the electronics but i will get it done. Nothing like puzzles:lmao:

Rig looks sick! I've been out of crawling for a little over a year now, but see'n what you guys are building these days has got me all pumped up to build another one! Keep up the good work!

Back