• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

All24's pitbull/berg first build

If you aren't narrowing your Voodoos you might find that the wider wheel actually works in your favor...

Thanks guys!!! info always helps!!!!
So after getting the wheels together i have been in deep thought about the SLW hubs i need and i have come up with 725 for the front and 600 for the rear does this sound right or might it be to wide?

Id mock it up and check if you can ..but id say thats to much ..it was for mine..I started with 725 600 and now im going to 475 300 or so..

Id mock it up and check if you can ..but id say thats to much ..it was for mine..I started with 725 600 and now im going to 475 300 or so..

What was the dimension from outside of wheel to wheel front and rear? I would like to know cause i think i want the width to be around 10.25" in front to 10" in rear.

Just checked it and I was at 11.625 f and 11.125 r with the 725 and 600
So after my figures I just did im going to order up some .225 for both front and rear to put me at 10.625 and 10.375 ..im not seeing 10.0 possible with my set up ..
Measured from outside tire to outside tire. I have .7 vp wheels and voodoos ..

Last edited:
Just checked it and I was at 11.625 f and 11.125 r with the 725 and 600
So after my figures I just did im going to order up some .225 for both front and rear to put me at 10.625 and 10.375 ..im not seeing 10.0 possible with my set up ..

WOW!! thats wider than i thought with those hubs. What wheels are you running by chance?

WOW!! thats wider than i thought with those hubs. What wheels are you running by chance?

FYI.... I am running Shift Hubs front and rear and you fellas both have the same axles as me. I am 11f and 10.8 rear with a little spacing to tweak it. Most people stay under 11. I think my hubs are 425 but don't QUOTE me on that.

You can't compare the hubs used on VP wheels to those on CF wheels unless you know your BS is the same...and yours isn't the same. You can measure and get close to where you'd be by doing this...

Measure from the back side (inner side) of one wheel hex to the other wheel hex. Take that measurement and add 1.45". That will give you the width from hub face to hub face using a 725. Then you'd need to guesstimate using the thickness of the CF wheel face and how much your tires will bulge out to give you the overall width. You can get close, but it's still a "guess"

Very true Ittybitty.... It is always a guess. I did use a set of VP wheels when I set my offset up originally but they are 1". We always have to collect parts it seems before we get it the way we want. Lol

well it's starting to look like a crawler :ror: I had gotten a couple of missing pieces I still have so much more to go
IMG_1227_zpsb5e025ac.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1228_zps44530b41.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looking good there fella...... Take the link mounts and push them tight to the C hubs and cut your shock spacers down to 1/4...... Will get the shocks at a better angle.

The truck is coming along great. I think it is a little on the tall side. Maybe its just the angle but it looks to be way lifted up.

It must be the angle cause that's how long mine are and it sits perfect u might ORT to put your front uppers in the back hole to rock that case back a bit mine was like that then I rocked it back and made the servo level and it side hills 10 times truck looks great so far you will love that chassis it is the best one out there right now

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Allen.... What you might want to do is compress the shocks and let it rebound and settle on it's own. That may be the difference.....

It defiantly sits better with the shocks compressed and then let the rebound take over. i will have to make some adjustments fore sure nothing if final at the moment. There is still some parts needed in order to finish the axles. They have been ordered but it's Turkey Day tomorrow so i have to wait until next week:cry: I do still need ESC/BEC and Radio/receiver so i have some time yet

The more I stare at this the more I get Jazzed!! The Chassi setup just flat out ROCKS :mrgreen:
Thanks Barry

and thanks everyone for there input

Back