• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

8-454's Numero dos! My take on the Sucker Punch

8-454

Rock Crawler
Well I didn't really plan on building another sportsman rig just yet, hence the #2, but I got the opportunity to build The new 5th Dimension Sucker punch and put my foot in my mouth when I mentioned bringing it to Nats......running:shock:.

So I'll do my best to keep everything updated as I've never been real good at maintaining build threads.

The run down of the goods I got so far:

-Sucker Punch chassis
-Negative Space wheels
-Ti links
-Narrowed AR60's
-Wraith trans(its all I got)
-SCX shocks, mini springs

And some pics:

Chassis and some super cool wheels:mrgreen:

null_zpsae6677f3.jpg

null_zps499c2f24.jpg

null_zps5af09f8d.jpg

More pics.

Narrowed AR60's with
-OD/UD gears
-Rowdy Racing top mounts
-Wraith knuckles
-CDW Chump levers
-Modded D-lux knuckle weights

null_zps8098c904.jpg

null_zpse1999b44.jpg

null_zps4b4cdaa9.jpg

Sweet little pieces from Rowdys shop!
null_zpsbba907b4.jpg

And some more knuckle weights just in case its too light of a truck:mrgreen:.
null_zps2d129e39.jpg

Trans installed. Check.

null_zps8262d3f0.jpg

null_zpsa8bbce8a.jpg

Looks like there's just enough room to run the factory dig for the pro class:ror:.
null_zps09981e69.jpg

:shock: well if you need any thing let me know. I got stuff :mrgreen:

Bring those wheels and chassis. Mite be time to retire the cdw.

Yeah the threads take so much time: you should be fine though.

The truck should turn out pretty light too. I just finished installing the electronics in mine, slapped a 450 in and threw some rovers on blitz wheels on top and it was at 3pbs 12oz. That's still minus a body but pretty much a runner

Sweet parts list sir! I'm very much looking forward to seeing this come together!

Thanks. Me too!

Yeah the threads take so much time: you should be fine though.

The truck should turn out pretty light too. I just finished installing the electronics in mine, slapped a 450 in and threw some rovers on blitz wheels on top and it was at 3pbs 12oz. That's still minus a body but pretty much a runner

It's not too bad.

So far it seems like it'll be a light weight. If its heavier than my current S-truck @4lbs, I'll definitely be hunting for the hidden weight.

Whats the motor plate you got in there? Is that an eMachine specialty?

Im sure you'll do just fine getting here going & going well. Look forward to seeing em all crawlin the AZ rocks in a few short weeks.

Thanks for all that you've done for The 5th Dimension E!

J.D.

It's an axial heavy duty motor plate.

Yep.

Whats the motor plate you got in there? Is that an eMachine specialty?

Im sure you'll do just fine getting here going & going well. Look forward to seeing em all crawlin the AZ rocks in a few short weeks.

Thanks for all that you've done for The 5th Dimension E!

J.D.

Its definitely going to be neat seeing more than one in AZ this time.

No problemo man! I'm glad to help out where I can."thumbsup"

Got a little more done today. I was able to get some lower links worked out. Rear uppers are temporary, but they get the pinion close to where I want it. The front uppers will have to wait until I figure out a servo mount.

Blurry stance shot
null_zps42c314dc.jpg

And some closer ones
null_zps71b8fda2.jpg

null_zps1d622550.jpg

null_zpsb582235c.jpg

Back