• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

2012 Motorama U.S. Indoor RC Rockcrawling Challenge (CANCELLED)

i may have to sit this one out:cry: , i may not be able to get off of work:twisted: .... but things change around here thats for sure ....

I would like to get some of the EPARCC guys out early to help set up if you need the help. Let me know what your plans are. Thanks for having this, it is always a blast to get togehter."thumbsup"

John

I would like to get some of the EPARCC guys out early to help set up if you need the help. Let me know what your plans are. Thanks for having this, it is always a blast to get togehter."thumbsup"

John

Don't worry John, I have you on the list for assistance. I won't be finalizing that until the end of January.

Let's get this chatter on this thread.

So far only one complaint about the arena....too far away from the T&A :twisted:

IMG_0223.jpg

I know that this is going to be a talking point for Motorama this year. So I'll ask now. What is the plan for the rocks and getting the best possible driving conditions available? There were some great ideas floated around last year.

Thats actually one of my biggest concerns with having the rock crawling competition in the arena this year. DIRT FLOOR does not lend itself well to cleaning rocks off or keeping them clean. There needs to be massive emphasis put on the fact that the rocks need to be squeaky clean before they enter the building cause cleaning them once they are in the dirt arena isnt gonna be an option. Hope the motorama event staff works with you on this John. Have they mentioned anything about this?

unless the floor of the arena is not dirt, in which case, I am an idiot and will just shut up now. :lmao:

I know that this is going to be a talking point for Motorama this year. So I'll ask now. What is the plan for the rocks and getting the best possible driving conditions available? There were some great ideas floated around last year.

Thats actually one of my biggest concerns with having the rock crawling competition in the arena this year. DIRT FLOOR does not lend itself well to cleaning rocks off or keeping them clean. There needs to be massive emphasis put on the fact that the rocks need to be squeaky clean before they enter the building cause cleaning them once they are in the dirt arena isnt gonna be an option. Hope the motorama event staff works with you on this John. Have they mentioned anything about this?

unless the floor of the arena is not dirt, in which case, I am an idiot and will just shut up now. :lmao:

You guys are right. This has been a topic of discussion. The one thing that they need to find out is the issue with the dirt and the horses.

It seems that they cannot "contaminate" the dirt, so there may be a requirement to put the rocks and dirt on a surface. This is what they are looking into now.

I will keep you all updated.

We are taking every precaution that we can to make sure that they are as clean as possible. They have hired another person to load and haul the rock. This guy will be picking each rock up instead of scooping them. He will also be using a Steel Bed so a dirt cushion will not be needed.

This is Eastern PA in February. I cannot promise that the rocks will be scrubbed down, but I can promise you that I will offer the best crawling venue that you will find anywhere on the East Coast for February 18th-19th.

A broom and a shop vac go a long way. I guess dust isn't bad, as long as it's not mud.

Back