• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

2012 Motorama U.S. Indoor RC Rockcrawling Challenge (CANCELLED)

Little late, but I am finally registered. At least I had an excuse of being half way around the world at the time, Singapore. Anyway, this will be my second Motorama and first time competing. Really looking forward to giving it a go. All I need to do is book my hotel and I will be set!

Wes

P.S. If you need any help just let me know.

Little late, but I am finally registered. At least I had an excuse of being half way around the world at the time, Singapore. Anyway, this will be my second Motorama and first time competing. Really looking forward to giving it a go. All I need to do is book my hotel and I will be set!

Wes

P.S. If you need any help just let me know.

Great to hear Wes.

I hope to get an update here soon on registrations so I can post them up.

so.. can anyone help me with a couple things? I've got questions..

Our site (RC Soup) is going to be an official media partner with Motorama for 2012, which means we'll be covering the event..

There's only 2 of us really, and my cowriter is thinking about entering 2wd SCT class on the 1/10 track.. On top of covering the event, being part of it allows us to get even more of an inside scoop, ya know?

Anyways.. If he's doing that.. I want to be doing something else.. My choices are 1/8 E-buggy on the 1/8 track.. or something with crawling..

My issue is.. the only thing I have close to a crawler at the moment is a Tamiya CC-01 Unimog. I'm assuming it'd be eligible for 1.9 class..? Doubt it would be that competitive tho.. or are there others running CC-01's? Is there a less technical Scaler area?

How are the pits working? I thought I read they are centralized this year? I've never been to a Motorama event.. so it's hard for me to picture. I know it's enormous..

Looking for some input.. anything is helpful..

If whoever is helping run this crawling event wants to give me a call, I can give you my phone number via PM.

Thanks guys.
Kevin

so.. can anyone help me with a couple things? I've got questions..

Our site (RC Soup) is going to be an official media partner with Motorama for 2012, which means we'll be covering the event..

There's only 2 of us really, and my cowriter is thinking about entering 2wd SCT class on the 1/10 track.. On top of covering the event, being part of it allows us to get even more of an inside scoop, ya know?

Anyways.. If he's doing that.. I want to be doing something else.. My choices are 1/8 E-buggy on the 1/8 track.. or something with crawling..

My issue is.. the only thing I have close to a crawler at the moment is a Tamiya CC-01 Unimog. I'm assuming it'd be eligible for 1.9 class..? Doubt it would be that competitive tho.. or are there others running CC-01's? Is there a less technical Scaler area?

How are the pits working? I thought I read they are centralized this year? I've never been to a Motorama event.. so it's hard for me to picture. I know it's enormous..

Looking for some input.. anything is helpful..

If whoever is helping run this crawling event wants to give me a call, I can give you my phone number via PM.

Thanks guys.
Kevin

I hope that there is a scale section there this year. Last year it was very well done and fun to drive on. Your CC-01 would have a very difficult time competing with the comp crawlers. We will be in a new area this year so it will be all new and different. I am excited to be in the arena this year. I hope it gives Comp. Crawlers more exposure.

Who else is coming???

Let's get this chatter on this thread.

Work has got me going crazy right now...need some Motorama chatting to clear my head...

Im going to give it another go Hopefully the 3rd time is the charm for me :ror:
I will be signing up as soon as i can "thumbsup"

Back