• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

2012 Motorama U.S. Indoor RC Rockcrawling Challenge (CANCELLED)

Re: 2012 Motorama U.S. Indoor RC Rockcrawling Challenge (Feb 18-19, 2012)

I'm still confused.

I'm registered, My money is spent. If i got reimbursed that would be cool. but what the comp needs is more people to register. If someone who isnt registering because of lack of funds sees the giveaway and is prompted to register, then awesome. Me staying out of the give away just increases that persons chances of winning. right? ;-)

I'm still confused.

I'm registered, My money is spent. If i got reimbursed that would be cool. but what the comp needs is more people to register. If someone who isnt registering because of lack of funds sees the giveaway and is prompted to register, then awesome. Me staying out of the give away just increases that persons chances of winning. right? ;-)

That is true...but you can still enter even if you have registered. That's what they are saying.

It would help me because I live in Georgia like Fish. Fees, gas, hotel and food is gonna be alot of money for us Southern people :cry:.

If I win the giveaway I will donate it to another driver. I am more than happy to pay to drive. Sure it would be nice to get my $$ back but that is not it is about for me. I want to drive."thumbsup"

If I win the giveaway I will donate it to another driver. I am more than happy to pay to drive. Sure it would be nice to get my $$ back but that is not it is about for me. I want to drive."thumbsup"
X2 "thumbsup"

I just enterred the giveaway. Thanks Krawler Konceptz. You two are awesome!!!

Stick King and Oval Man should be registering tonight. Those will be 2 more people for all 3 classes.

Why is Motorama making a cut off date 28 days before the event? I understand the $$ issue of running a comp like this but it strikes me as strange that they would make it so far in advance of the event. A lot can happen in that time.

Why is Motorama making a cut off date 28 days before the event? I understand the $$ issue of running a comp like this but it strikes me as strange that they would make it so far in advance of the event. A lot can happen in that time.

They cannot let it go any further than Friday. Guys, we have had since Nov 1st to get the registrations.

With them showing no increases and only three in over a 3 week time, they have to make a business decision.

Believe me, I don't blame them. We "I" was not coming through with the commitment of entries. They have to shut down registration on the electric dirt track just to get a handle on the amount of registrations.

Let's see what happens.

I'm still confused.

You winning would mean you would be able to give the $$ to whoever you want. "thumbsup"

I'll know by tonight if I can go, if everything falls into place!

i hope this happens, as this would be my first national comp and i very excited! as i have a room booked and everything, lets save motorama please:cry:

So is tomorrow the deadline or next Friday?

I just want to say that this is extremely moving for me.

Whether we save it or not, I want to thank all of you for your recognition and appreciation of the hard work that goes into this and all events. I commit almost all of my spare time from August to February 21 on Motorama in one way or another.

This year I really felt out there on an island. Don't get me wrong, I know that each year it gets harder and harder to find disposable income for these events. I'm the same way...

But it is one time a year that I can pull a group of people together to, yes compete, but more importantly, just meet new and see old friends and have a great time.

Yes the rocks aren't perfect, whether they are muddy, dirty or dusty...we still end up having a great time.

This event will be a tough one...it's a viscous circle...Entries get Sponsors get Entries. This year we struggled to get both. Hopefully if we can pull this off, some of the Vendors that I had contacted will step up and see what an impact this hobby can make on good causes.

Again, I want to thank all of you for your hard work and sense of urgency. Hopefully I will see you one month from today. If not, we will come back stronger in 2013.

Sincerely,
John

So is tomorrow the deadline or next Friday?

Tomorrow...

I am hoping that if they see the needle move significantly...we may be able to buy some time.

I just want to say that this is extremely moving for me.

Whether we save it or not, I want to thank all of you for your recognition and appreciation of the hard work that goes into this and all events. I commit almost all of my spare time from August to February 21 on Motorama in one way or another.

This year I really felt out there on an island. Don't get me wrong, I know that each year it gets harder and harder to find disposable income for these events. I'm the same way...

But it is one time a year that I can pull a group of people together to, yes compete, but more importantly, just meet new and see old friends and have a great time.

Yes the rocks aren't perfect, whether they are muddy, dirty or dusty...we still end up having a great time.

This event will be a tough one...it's a viscous circle...Entries get Sponsors get Entries. This year we struggled to get both. Hopefully if we can pull this off, some of the Vendors that I had contacted will step up and see what an impact this hobby can make on good causes.

Again, I want to thank all of you for your hard work and sense of urgency. Hopefully I will see you one month from today. If not, we will come back stronger in 2013.

Sincerely,
John

Tomorrow...

I am hoping that if they see the needle move significantly...we may be able to buy some time.

I will try my best...I know one little entry isn't 10 but I'll support Motorama as much as possible. "thumbsup" Thanks for your hard work John.

Plus my birthday is the following week....so a party is required!

I will try my best...I know one little entry isn't 10 but I'll support Motorama as much as possible. "thumbsup" Thanks for your hard work John.

Plus my birthday is the following week....so a party is required!

all entries count..... you sign up and we will have a party for you that sat night ...:

this is a great event and a blast for 3 days...no matter if your first or last "thumbsup""thumbsup"

Last edited:

all entries count..... you sign up and we will have a party for you that sat night ...:

this is a great event and a blast for 3 days...no matter if your first or last "thumbsup""thumbsup"

Thanks Nick...a big T1E partayyyyy

Back