• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

2011 TCS Crawlers East Coast Championships

Sitting at work waiting for the day to end.:roll:

x2, then I have to go home and do an eventing of daddy duty. Tydl and I should be hitting the road about 2-3am putting us at LRC late afternoon tomorrow.

To all you guys already there or on the way :flipoff: yeah that's just jealousy..... :lmao:

I have heard through the grapevine a few people are STRESSED about 3 courses being run by 12:30 deal.

Trust me the last thing I want to do is give someone a 50 point Course DQ, but it has to be this way.

With an approximate field size of 105 drivers taking 5 minutes per course (4 min course = 1 min to change drivers)

105 x 5 = 525 minutes of possible driving stuff.

7:00 - 5:30 = 630 minutes of Drive Time

Gives us a 6 minutes per driver window per driver for the day.

7:00 - 12:30 = 330 minutes

6:30 Thats a 6 minute 30 second window before lunch. (53 drivers)

Leaving you with 5 hours (300 min) to get the 53 with a 5:35 per driver window.

Thats LESS time to get through the second half of the day:shock:

I personally love the FREE CRAWL format because it gives you a chance to THINK, PLAN and be STRATEGIC. No one telling you you have to run course x first BS.

The problem is the only strategy some drivers can come up with is to watch 2x dozen runs on each course, wait for the rocks to dry out and get warm then run all their courses after lunch.

With a field the size of this it would be a train wreck if only 10% of the field did it, and you know more than 10% would try.

If your ready to run when you get to the comp. Don't get in line with more then 15 people already in line (Unless its your last), and don't take hour breaks between course you will be fine.

BTW judges did I mention Judges don't have to worry about that, or stand in those long lines.:twisted:

Also don't get mad when one or more cuts in front of you ....because you had the same chance :flipoff:

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up Fish, do you have a schedule for the judges? are we going to stay at the same course or rotate? I need to get me some of the delcious smoked meat."thumbsup"

Are you kidding me??? Stressed out about not being able to get 3 courses in by 12:30??? Oh my!!! Well,, be assured, I will have my three courses in by noon!

Anyway guys, dont make something out of nothing untill its something. Thats how things get crazy when they dont need to..

Thanks for the heads up Fish, do you have a schedule for the judges? are we going to stay at the same course or rotate? I need to get me some of the delcious smoked meat."thumbsup"

The same judges should be on the same courses all day for consistency. We will have plenty of time to eat "thumbsup" If you get hungry on course you might even be able to ask a runner to bring you a rib or chicken wing if you ask nicely :lmao:

Last edited:
The same judges should be on the same courses all day for consistency. We will have plenty of time to eat "thumbsup" If you get hungry on course you might even be able to ask a runner to bring you a rib or chicken wing if you ask nicely :lmao:

I will work a trade I will bring judges food n drink for a very good score. Lol

The judging teams will stay together on the same course. During the 1st hour all 3 judges will stay on course. After that you can start running your shifts.

I recommend that you shift every hour, but that's up to you guys. I also want you to be ready to run YOUR course when you go on your 1st break. That way by 10 minutes into your first break you already have one course DONE.

If everyone in your group stays on schedule you will have 3 hours of breaks. With the nice long breaks and being able to cut in line......that leaves plenty of time for SMOKED MEATS ;-)

I have heard through the grapevine a few people are STRESSED about 3 courses being run by 12:30 deal.

That's funny, but not surprising! I'm usually have no problem getting all my courses in with 1-2 hours left before the close of courses. It's not hard to do!!

I wonder if people are worried about doing the courses in time, or having all their team mates run it in time first to give them all the pointers?

That's funny, but not surprising! I'm usually have no problem getting all my courses in with 1-2 hours left before the close of courses. It's not hard to do!!

It is doable... It was not a good strategy, but at Nat's I had all courses complete before lunch break....

I hope there are tons of people that done get the courses done by 12:30, that just means I'll be higher up on points, LOL

Ive got SO much shiat thats going to need worked on... Mainly scale stuff, because thats more important

You better have your stuff ready. I foresee a big trail ride tomorrow night. I am getting ready to load the truck and head to Knoxville tonight and on to LRC Friday morning. Fish, could you put a link to the live scoring in the first post of the thread for the smart phone users?

Fish...great job explaining the situation. Those numbers really make it hit home about what kind of schedule the drivers have to work with. "thumbsup"

I wonder if people are worried about doing the courses in time, or having all their team mates run it in time first to give them all the pointers?

my vote is on the team mates...:roll:

Last edited:

I'm only going to worry myself with 2 things....

1) impartial, accurate, and consistent judging

2) having fun "thumbsup"

Trust me the last thing I want to do is give someone a 50 point Course DQ, but it has to be this way.

With an approximate field size of 105 drivers taking 5 minutes per course (4 min course = 1 min to change drivers)

105 x 5 = 525 minutes of possible driving stuff.

7:00 - 5:30 = 630 minutes of Drive Time

Gives us a 6 minutes per driver window per driver for the day.

7:00 - 12:30 = 330 minutes

6:30 Thats a 6 minute 30 second window before lunch. (53 drivers)

Leaving you with 5 hours (300 min) to get the 53 with a 5:35 per driver window.

Thats LESS time to get through the second half of the day:shock:

I personally love the FREE CRAWL format because it gives you a chance to THINK, PLAN and be STRATEGIC. No one telling you you have to run course x first BS.

The problem is the only strategy some drivers can come up with is to watch 2x dozen runs on each course, wait for the rocks to dry out and get warm then run all their courses after lunch.

With a field the size of this it would be a train wreck if only 10% of the field did it, and you know more than 10% would try.

If your ready to run when you get to the comp. Don't get in line with more then 15 people already in line (Unless its your last), and don't take hour breaks between course you will be fine.

BTW judges did I mention Judges don't have to worry about that, or stand in those long lines.:twisted:

Also don't get mad when one or more cuts in front of you ....because you had the same chance :flipoff:

I'll add this little fact, last year the only people that DID NOT have 3 courses done by 12:30 were the judges and the cook, Matt. All who were exempt."thumbsup"

Back