• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

2011 TCS Crawlers East Coast Championships

I will have at least 30lb of jerk chicken...maybe more that will need at least 1 1/2 hour on the smoker. Imnot sure if we are going to splot it up over 2 days or just do it all one day. That will be to feed judges and staff plus my pits. I was also thinking about throwing in a briskit and maybe a few other goodies.

2 days would probably be best, especially if I bring the narrow smoker again. That way I can keep the chicken off to one side and still have plenty of room for beef, pork, beans, etc on the other side. Gotta keep the chicken from dripping on everything else.

Brisket on my mind as well. Since I will be staying up there I can do the briskets overnight. If we want it pulled I will need somewhere around 8-9 hours to get it like I want it. Perfect for an overnight cook. Set it and forget it. "thumbsup"

I will grab some ribs and or pork butt from the local store. "thumbsup"

Ribs sound good. The ones last year turned out excellent.

I'm planning to bring a few half pork loins for each night for the guys I'm camping with.

I will already have a dry rub on them.

Let me know if you need any supplies.

Bring 'em on. "thumbsup"

I typically just slice the brisket. I like the beef flavor to really show through instead of being overwhelmed by sauce. I'm not sure how the big smoker does it, but I'm usually into about 6 hours on a brisket.

I'm feeling the brisket, what weight do you like to work with:shock: Can't wait for this.

Later,
Farmer

I got you covered. "thumbsup" I think that was me and you out in Moab at Potato Salad Hill watching the Cherokee climb the hill..........right after that blue Toyota rolled down it. :ror::ror:

I typically just slice the brisket. I like the beef flavor to really show through instead of being overwhelmed by sauce. I'm not sure how the big smoker does it, but I'm usually into about 6 hours on a brisket.

That's fine as well....I like it both ways. :shock::ror: I prefer pulled brisket over pulled pork though.

My mouth is watering from all this talk of awesome food, glad I am a judge."thumbsup"

I got you covered. "thumbsup" I think that was me and you out in Moab at Potato Salad Hill watching the Cherokee climb the hill..........right after that blue Toyota rolled down it. :ror::ror:

Yes sir that was me. Can't wait to get down there.

Later,
Farmer

Just to throw this out there...........................I am bringing the big commercial smoker to cook for the judges and support staff. Their food is taken care of. I should be on site by Thurs afternoon.

I will also be cooking my personal stuff on it as well as food that anyone else brings. If you have something you would like to throw on there, I will take care of that for you and have the rubs and seasonings for it unless you have your own.

I will be cooking breakfast on it as well.

I am sure that just like last year there will be plenty of extras so those unable to bring items won't miss out so don't worry(unless Mini parks next to me, bet he gained 10 pounds last year) :ror:........Just keep an eye out for the tip jar. ;-)

I was holding off to claim a flame since I was not sure if there would be room, but, I will bring a hunk of red meat myself!! Thanks and be sure the tip jar is out!! Charcoal and dry rub does cost something not to mention your time!!

Huge thank you! love me some seared flesh!!

Pic from up on top of the comp spot looking down to a fog covered Centre AL................

compspot005.jpg

compspot004.jpg

compspot003.jpg

I am sure that just like last year there will be plenty of extras so those unable to bring items won't miss out so don't worry(unless Mini parks next to me, bet he gained 10 pounds last year) :ror:........Just keep an eye out for the tip jar. ;-)

I was holding off to claim a flame since I was not sure if there would be room, but, I will bring a hunk of red meat myself!! Thanks and be sure the tip jar is out!! Charcoal and dry rub does cost something not to mention your time!!

Huge thank you! love me some seared flesh!!

Matt makes a lot of effort BEFORE, DURING, and AFTER the show.

Don't forget the TIP jar even if you bring your on food.

There is a Walmart Super Center on 1950 West Main Street in
Centre, AL 35960

For those wanting to buy local meats and groceries.....don't forget plasticware, plates, napkins, and paper towels.

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=206540179890779708916.00049f00cfe6e7ffba9d8&ll=34.179822,-85.740379&spn=0.067127,0.153739&t=h&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small>View <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=206540179890779708916.00049f00cfe6e7ffba9d8&ll=34.179822,-85.740379&spn=0.067127,0.153739&t=h&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">Around LRC</a> in a larger map</small>

Last edited:
Pic from up on top of the comp spot looking down to a fog covered Centre AL................

compspot005.jpg

compspot004.jpg

compspot003.jpg

THAT"S KILLER, first time to ECC Looks and shounds like a GREAT event,
cant wait! and a big thanks to all the sponsors and Cooks helping out.
"thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

Hope i can breath at that altitude

These pictures are getting me excitied. To all that have never been to LRC, this is your warning. Bring extra underwear for your first time on top of the mountian. Bring another set for when you feel that good ole LRC traction :shock:

Rockbound :cry: and Yukon's (extra) Tickets sold, and vn1500 & Szczerba got in. "thumbsup"

Spreadsheet up dated to the best of my abilities:shock:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey fishmaxx jst so ya know i picked up both the 1.9 & 2.2 tickets from Yukon (thanks again) ...

I won't be able to drive in the 1.9 comp so I'm offering up my 1.9 ticket to anyone that already has a 2.2 ticket for ECC 2011.

I know that there are plenty of 1.9 tickets left, but I'd like to get my money back if possible.

thanks

Back