• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Wyatt's Journey of Phoenix (s)

The Bronco got out for a Sunday Run yesterday to test out the new Wheel I picked up from Locked Up Rc.
I went with the SLW Iconic in TX Gold. I had put the Method 105s off the Comanche on the truck and loved they way it looked so I picked up a more classic style. After seeing the new Stator Beadlock rings I knew it was a perfect pair for this truck.

They Got Mounted up on with dual stage foams and some broken in VP Falkens.
ADCreHeVsWlUfwpa8m2PhEF7LXK0hzOC0T3fb-ZDn8fntoberFNXHfXyDsAOTrAOU4PjhxGy91EPXTpYTe5TRJBGrA9VFnR5DkwsR0I8Vwt8JbvX8Hc7FHET=w800

This Bronco has all the available tricks to make it as capable as possible. Fusion Pro, OD and Dig in the VFD Twin, Boom Racing Muscle Winch. Full light kits, Its a heavy truck but it manages to pull some shockingly wild lines.
ADCreHfiTcy655RdmyQmxse4oQmAw4TqyPZhzCppCAJKWNfQrCLXpt2pzM_1kxHMlX35K7oG-4xOLQ10tkc8z5g8zq3pWTPX4_3waHvihKmMqM0WVkzwbFnP=w800

Of course the Wheels don't affect performance too much but the VP Falkens are an amazing tire add in rough pour concrete and traction is unlimited.
ADCreHcuHj_R4rqBW7hCdx4EHbaa_Sf02PrsCxky_Nw8yT57Mean5NzycDOW0nEiW0sfdeFgY1V_gLkyZJBOLZsPyy0-N9km838PQrJAPcbeQJ0KROpmr3hZ=w800

Didn't take long to shovel them into the rocks and dirt. I can't keep anything nice, maybe on purpose.
ADCreHdrZEHKaNXfIZl80wrIo_nNxHcF07xS0Eiv2302YkB3GLGP3VpXe7ZIxHBBv1NuD-PK6CkNfrrKQZ6fMk5VabEAQboxDY7XPKJXzcEotYFn72A9mCdf=w800

I always love driving this truck. I try to drive it slightly nicer than the rest of my trucks because of how big the body is and I don't quite want to destroy the trim. But after driving my gatekeeper HARD right before this I ended up driving this truck pretty hard. But it took it light a champ and the only issue was a torn inner bead on the front driver tire. I didn't quite check my clearances and may have ended up with it rubbing on the portal box screws and cutting the tire in a few places. I will try to grab some photos later. I have never torn tires but in the last 2 weeks I have ripped 3 or 4 tires up.
ADCreHcuC5pjr1a_wZLKhS7NphasLjP_mPacwUyuYsZLWeWlAECh2o3Xwryzrw7b-uxv4qrWHJeEsM5N8yXCZngVEt4el5maajIz2o2mWbRXpBg9Oj3XfC_H=w800

While its not strictly a Phoenix, arguably none of mine are anymore. But a New VS410 Build has entered the Hobby Room.
Introducing the only only photo I have of my new Ultra Build. I through the axles together last night and chassis and trans this morning, might be able to have it sitting on wheels and tires by this evening then paint and slap a servo in soon after.

I think I might call it Basic the Ultra. As its going to be a pretty standard out of the box build for now.
ADCreHeuLt_LZtVnJnWg0BBhAQNO64utk5HSLFPLQqGMpEbletvtYdAVjkI0TaK1C9T3MRG8SGzgFzTtLyED_d80NrRgOJRv64oNZ3VrnMU4XfXkEQ7sMlYU=w800

Currently I am planning on:
2700kv Puller Pro Stubby
Mamba Micro X2 w/ BEC
Eco Power WP250T
Futaba 2106GF
Axial R35 Nitto MT
Vanquish Bully XD127

Last edited:
While its not strictly a Phoenix, arguably none of mine are anymore. But a New VS410 Build has entered the Hobby Room.
Introducing the only only photo I have of my new Ultra Build. I through the axles together last night and chassis and trans this morning, might be able to have it sitting on wheels and tires by this evening then paint and slap a servo in soon after.

I think I might call it Basic the Ultra. As its going to be a pretty standard out of the box build for now.
ADCreHeuLt_LZtVnJnWg0BBhAQNO64utk5HSLFPLQqGMpEbletvtYdAVjkI0TaK1C9T3MRG8SGzgFzTtLyED_d80NrRgOJRv64oNZ3VrnMU4XfXkEQ7sMlYU=w800

Currently I am planning on:
2700kv Puller Pro Stubby
Mamba Micro X2 w/ BEC
Eco Power WP250T Or NSDRC RS1 Servo, Undecided.
Futaba 2106GF
Axial R35 Nitto MT
Vanquish Bully XD127

It’s always a good time building a pro or ultra. I wish I would have given my ultra more of a chance in a stock configuration. I used it as a donor for a g speed build and didn’t like how it performed. Besides having less steering angle with the f9 portals vs the f10’s, they are pretty sweet rigs

Now that they are discontinued I can’t help but think I should have got another to keep my pro company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s always a good time building a pro or ultra. I wish I would have given my ultra more of a chance in a stock configuration. I used it as a donor for a g speed build and didn’t like how it performed. Besides having less steering angle with the f9 portals vs the f10’s, they are pretty sweet rigs

Now that they are discontinued I can’t help but think I should have got another to keep my pro company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lucked out and got this one as my 1st Truck of Fortune. Oddly it wasn't my first choice but I really am happy I got one and plan to drive it an enjoy. It will likely end up being a nice hardbody build eventually but I have no plans for that right now.

I have never Built, or driven a Pro or Ultra before so I am excited to try it out. I am prepared for less streering than the usual F10s, but I also run a lot of trucks with horrible steering so I think I wont mind to much.

Got some more time in on the Ultra, its now a Roller minus the body and inner fenders, both require paint and being it was 23 degrees this morning that sure wasn't gonna happen. I might be able to shot some paint on the fender tomorrow but I just haven't gotten the paint for the body.

ADCreHc2NJsfzmXXty4_YA0Pp9Mza64E9L0e6rwwOjcGypxcMlfWjZ6dtgnLarL2b8y3fzzQZudVt5tFNvWJUH5FBT_3gc1qranQWspwurFL--Z7LFOzi2Hx=w800

ADCreHevN8fH_pHsU-QDMOKj9vHARN0RIay-vg5IJNXujCba5F81dOA4Jy0nIxamzBMrFbaU57I57ZtRu0d8xTWd-BNFUw5-g1D1I68erH_vQ7EL4SjibJMZ=w800

This Kit was a lot of fun to put together, the front axles was a little bit of a pain with how the knuckles attach and getting everything lined up. But overall it went together in 3 or 4 hours.
ADCreHe11duWutfAenpNgmmiDUDCk0ayLsEZKFZ5CKwVhwOdh5ZhqpwouBRZFNe03moVGOL8-DnxaZsKNgLVgmZB7lwNFtZq-Fg7ycyimhCtNE0d7kjh0Hlj=w800

I am using Some VP XD127s with Delta IFRs and some Black rings I wet sanded the face of to make silver. 475 Hubs on there currently I will have to see what the width ends up being. Mounted with R35s Nittos with dual stage foams.
ADCreHcj1M8_IOySgbAKLudEpUeSGaVdGn_6vBUBjIhFARt8h_A9Me794H-2nsDL7ne3Tv6BALVda4HcfM5_ykACxXqRHBvCbSjPwEJBrFqAhXJ0aQQKuEX3=w800

Man, them Ultra Currie's sure do look good!8)

Always a pleasure to build a VP kit!

Thanks!
They will look even better once that look like the F9s on my Comanche
ADCreHfep6uVAHjHanHrBsK2h0MqrZAa6jjgejZBL-0f9-_xowC4qkH6QMnl5mXvo7XuOt3PYZ5MGs_GEq4TxmFATJHktxZ_gK-qb83XPRhl3TgJQOQXNXxq=w800

Perfect!"thumbsup" Proof it's not a shelf queen!:ror:

I'm hoping my new black F10T's will look that pretty in a few more runs!

Got some more time in on the Ultra, its now a Roller minus the body and inner fenders, both require paint and being it was 23 degrees this morning that sure wasn't gonna happen. I might be able to shot some paint on the fender tomorrow but I just haven't gotten the paint for the body.

ADCreHc2NJsfzmXXty4_YA0Pp9Mza64E9L0e6rwwOjcGypxcMlfWjZ6dtgnLarL2b8y3fzzQZudVt5tFNvWJUH5FBT_3gc1qranQWspwurFL--Z7LFOzi2Hx=w800

ADCreHevN8fH_pHsU-QDMOKj9vHARN0RIay-vg5IJNXujCba5F81dOA4Jy0nIxamzBMrFbaU57I57ZtRu0d8xTWd-BNFUw5-g1D1I68erH_vQ7EL4SjibJMZ=w800

This Kit was a lot of fun to put together, the front axles was a little bit of a pain with how the knuckles attach and getting everything lined up. But overall it went together in 3 or 4 hours.
ADCreHe11duWutfAenpNgmmiDUDCk0ayLsEZKFZ5CKwVhwOdh5ZhqpwouBRZFNe03moVGOL8-DnxaZsKNgLVgmZB7lwNFtZq-Fg7ycyimhCtNE0d7kjh0Hlj=w800

The ultra is looking really good the stance is sweet makes me want to build one just to stare. :lmao:

This is an fun thread, you have great looking builds here. I can see why you are fond of the 79 Ford, it's very cool. I have wanted to build something for the 79 body for awhile. Now I feel the itch again. Is yours a modified Traxxas or other?

The Ultra is a great TOF score. Like many, it was one of the configurations topping my wish list.

Perfect!"thumbsup" Proof it's not a shelf queen!:ror:

I'm hoping my new black F10T's will look that pretty in a few more runs!

It took about a year to get my F9s to this point but I also U4 raced this truck a couple of times :lmao:

I plan to get my F10Ts to the same Point! They don't look right without any damage!
ADCreHdHCQA2ZazhIZs-6Y4vGDxlzASXyPBZBnzF9WwIN92iGXXmI-BXMm7uxmkwmpY7a4BARNCJ88rLY8yINR1Jrd4YJkJcwuw4_nmwKyDzLEVxqUOB8YNm=w800

The ultra is looking really good the stance is sweet makes me want to build one just to stare. :lmao:

If you can find one Get it!! I do know my LHS has one in stock and they ship... The Crawl Space
They also have a Pro there too.

This is an fun thread, you have great looking builds here. I can see why you are fond of the 79 Ford, it's very cool. I have wanted to build something for the 79 body for awhile. Now I feel the itch again. Is yours a modified Traxxas or other?

The Ultra is a great TOF score. Like many, it was one of the configurations topping my wish list.

The Body is a Hard body found at the usual places like EBay and Aliexpress, I think Team Raffeeco has a branded one that should be the exact same.
However they are based on the Traxxas Bronco body, so light kits and accessories like all fit. The Rear Tire carrier is the Traxxas Part for the lexan body.

As those in the Vanquish TOF thread now I rolled the dice a second time this time through RPP, and ended up getting a Clear Pro, Wheels, more grease and Pink Skarns.
I am still in disbelief that I got a Pro and an Ultra after my last string of 3 phoenix portal kits and an rtr.
ADCreHfkA8DFIy2ibR9q7e30SZLcsk35sUBxS2EVcRlLUq7eNpdB-8TBrs3ccj0SSICg7TFxLz19ro3zkflUP6r47UHAIWEAA03sF9kZehpy__ecM6xUGi_X=w800

I didn't take long to get it all built up. Here it is next to the Ultra
ADCreHfmO_XlCYb1OoA1gf8NMByzd4kwn-ChcPE14pAdD0HgK4ynlyGkITYIjYOBZytUNVZ7TeiXm0FyXxw-WXCO6gZd8NFBeX7xMBwHQkYmrXS3EKVAkkS-=w800

ADCreHeU9jOR3t6te168d_jXPF2On6ootzCgvjE4ZLzSMzkNq67aaI_5wVugCOxxQ0ELNh87j5m_FTKmbu3nQosefnMkp1Vjb-o4hEI-wwLtZJ3JPzLJ25S9=w800

For this truck it is getting a Holmes BR Mini, Holmes Trailmaster Sport 27T, NSDRC RS700V2
My plan is that this will be a 4s truck, occasional 3s use but 4s for most things.

Paint has finally been delivered Now just to decide what color each truck will be.

ADCreHc-_7iyF61PEbWBormp02xNyldrrvSfoFnXu-jaylUAEqO81SRZRC0-RFEJ3ii3z9IQCidhXzKfdYxV8uHyuCXJzOUtWwbQgDXTn7D_18scnUsjQK6e=w800

I am still in disbelief that I got a Pro and an Ultra after my last string of 3 phoenix portal kits and an rtr.

You are one lucky dude!"thumbsup"

You won the VP RC lottery, now go play the real lottery!:ror:

Excellent wins and can't wait to see these both come together!

You are one lucky dude!"thumbsup"

You won the VP RC lottery, now go play the real lottery!:ror:

Excellent wins and can't wait to see these both come together!

I am gonna limit my gambling to RC :lol:
I hope I can make it through the rest of the season without buying anything too stupid :lmao:

LURC wheels are always nice and I think underrated behind Vanquish. Those Stator beadlock rings are bad ass!

Congrats on the score. I thought about trying it instead of buying a Pro kit, but I would have gotten something plastic with axles..

I took the OG out last week since I had Wednesday off for the holiday and it was the last day in the 60s before we got 6'' of snow and low 20s.
ADCreHcPL1Zu6nMXoYGP5uREdvrGevnfaQAZu5aG-yRk2kAx5Bzg0WosrBlfGpO-kOzEaaywpTOn2leI21V-Mv5K5gCBG2hay3WLPRQJa7n5Akbxl17hwDEe=w800

Always a pleasure to drive this truck, I put on the Rock Beast XLs and they did better than I had remembered them doing they might be finally broken in after a few races on the GateKeeper.

ADCreHcFvFYXQ1Fpp78LM9BkjuXiA1NtZAiotFrgyOSB-pIG5ADZ4yhrzkc7RE22QA9S9psGmvcbwscQBH388VNKdt6isM91NpjQkRGr-ZeMtH6Y0UvhPPRa=w800

This truck just gets beat up more and more each time its out. Eventually I will have to make a new body for it but I hope I can get through at least next spring.

Poser Rock
ADCreHfKjyHEb-_atQFXreDaqfbXDw8zXY48UcLI8DhB5Fq1O-ApgmJZVMN0s9elvD2Ew9kp-Xnz5XVLO7lERlvPqfKAJHchqa_egomVTNnHcviJhdZjEQJQ=w800

I would love to slap a set of aluminum F10 Portals under this truck but for now the Plastic housing are nice and slippery.
ADCreHdU8HxKOi9Hezjervov0BoWaLypIGMud6folVj4ONqPzY3FV8YYEhbfmzNWxXraRqutkwSudc4LwTKOs1XpetfB3d0jcnBPfGj-6W8Gr_5OZ5AZ-EVa=w800

LURC wheels are always nice and I think underrated behind Vanquish. Those Stator beadlock rings are bad ass!

Congrats on the score. I thought about trying it instead of buying a Pro kit, but I would have gotten something plastic with axles..

Thanks Jato!
I feel that I will end up with a lot more sets of their wheels, the quality is easily to the level of vanquish if not better. The rings are what really sold me.

The plastic axle trucks are still fun but I couldn't be happier to own the pro and ultra now that they are gone.

Back