• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Venom trick and tips FAQ thread!

Anyone have any suggestions on alternative places to mount a 2 or 3 cell lipo?

Since my LiPo's are the full size, i cut out a triangle shape piece of lexan and mounted it to my rear upper links. That allows me to velcro the battery on the rear of the truck on the upper links, since they are to big to mount on the axles and this still keeps my CG low.

thats how i made my homemade kit just need to get 4 longer bolts for the lower shock and link mount

Could you show a picture of your set-up? Ive been experimenting with different set-ups like this and think I found one that works (for me). But id like to see what you got going?!

do you guys think that the venom saddle packs http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/vnr15082.htm would be able to go on either side and mount to the chassis plates?

also has anyone been able to put any axial AX10 axle components on the creeper axle? like the internals, or the steering knuckle etc?

and last question, in order to run dig and diff lock ill need a four channel radio correct?

thanks
Chappy

BUDGET buster BTA in 1-2-3-4-5.....

the pictures are pretty self explanitory i put arrows on the key mods to make this work.... The bolts i used are all available at local hardware store. i ended up using one that is 31mm long and one that is 41mm long. everything else i had. these were used to bolt everything down to the knuckles

NOTE: you will be making adjustments in the steering link for the toe in or out... to accommodate i used spacers in between the 20deg ends and the long link you will notice this in pic1 just above the green arrow

Pic1

you need to make two bends on the long steering link (45deg give or take) enough to hover over the lower links and shock caps/ends shown in pic1 and pic2. you will need two 20deg (green arrow) ends to attached the link to both side (left/right knuckle) also to help raise the ends you need two 6mm spacer that will in between the link end and knuckle
OooyQMYr6z9n24KZkcS4UBquYdmJGA6e

Pic2

raise the servo plate mount and servo just to get over the upper links I used alum tubing and stock spacers to do this... cut to raise but not to high. i reversed the plate and obviously the servo.
U2DtLzqv7z_s-c7OcrNlYXCqYrP8VdAj

Pic3

i used an old turnbuckle/link in order to connect the servo (red arrow) then i used traxxas ends (green arrow). they are small enough to make it compact and not cause any binding when steering
_HgLkxRzvj8mFgT1_3SLwmc-PCG1ivuW

any question just post up and ill answer to the best of my availability hopefully this will help any body that is on a tight budget like me and doesn't have access to fancy machining. Happy modding!

Here's a good question. We all love our creepers right? Then why do we try so hard to turn them into ax10's? think about it two most common mods are the ax10 tranny swap and the stage 2 suspension, wich moves the shock into a position just like the ax 10?

not me i like my creeper being a creeper i like the amount of gear reduction in the trans and i am still using the stock battery tray/spacers i did notch my tray so i could fit a lipo on the side of the tranny i will post some pics later

not me i like my creeper being a creeper i like the amount of gear reduction in the trans and i am still using the stock battery tray/spacers i did notch my tray so i could fit a lipo on the side of the tranny i will post some pics later

thank you a purist like me though i made my own stage 2 susp.

This must been tried out by someone already, but i realized that removing those outer springs you´ll get a droop suspension:

DSC01424.jpg

DSC01425.jpg

Eagerly waiting for testing that..

hows that set internal springs only? let us know how it works. looks awsome

Yep, internal springs only with stock position, as they are located under the piston and keeps pulling the car to the ground.

Worked like i thought it would, its stuck from the transmission all the time.. too little ground clearance.

So now i should get a little bit more clearance, as that is obviously not enough.
Otherwise, worked well, cliff climbing and sideways traction improved as the center of gravity got lower.

Back