• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Vanquish VS4-10 Origin Limited Build/Thoughts Issues

looks like the rails can be flipped around and the rails be re drilled for the skid to be put back right in its place.

so far.. ill hold out on the kit till they fix the issues.

looks like the rails can be flipped around and the rails be re drilled for the skid to be put back right in its place.

Oh, you're one of *those*. ;-)

My understanding is the skid is oriented this way to allow the addition of their DIG unit. Something else I've got backordered...

So the tracking (USPS) on the replacement bearing carriers originally said they would be delivered tomorrow, but just checked it and it said it was already delivered! That is super fast; can't wait to get home and see if they fit! Stay tuned...

Re: Vanquish VS4-10 Origin Limited Build/Thoughts/Issues

The rear upper link location chassis side would be better for the front. Tuning wise. To get more anti dive in the front.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Re: Vanquish VS4-10 Origin Limited Build/Thoughts/Issues

The rear upper link location chassis side would be better for the front. Tuning wise. To get more anti dive in the front.

Oh, got it. I think it would be less trouble to fab up some new upper link mounts for the front, if you wanted to also keep all the stock bits like fender liners, electronics tray, and bumpers fitting nicely.

In VP's defense, not many people, especially people that aren't engineers, don't understand the massive undertaking required to bring new products to the market. This is amplified when the product is relatively complex like the Origin and it's magnified by the relatively small size of Vanquish. Some things are forgivable and other things shouldn't be missed. But first run kits from any manufacturer are bound to have teething problems.

Long gone are the days when products are thoroughly tested before being released to the public. Why do you think automobile recalls are at an all-time high?

New bearing retainers

The short version is, the front assembly fits perfectly with the new bearing retainers!

Kudos to VP support for resolving this in 1 business day! Clearly my proximity to Sacramento didn't hurt, but still.

It drops into the front housing quite freely, while the rear assembly was a tight fit in the rear housing, so the rear retainers must be a bit out of spec as well (not worrying about that since it's all buttoned up now).

Notably, given the earlier discussion of bearing fit in the retainers, the bearings are a very tight fit in these. I was able to press one in by hand using the spool, but had to resort to a bench vise to get the other bearing into the retainer (at that point i was committed to making it fit one way or another!).

Out of curiosity I did mic the new and old retainers. The ones that came in the kit are a few 100ths of a millimeter thicker than the new ones they sent me.

Now off to get this built!

Attachments

• IMG_20180717_152409.jpg
    IMG_20180717_152409.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 1,171
  • IMG_20180717_152823.jpg
    IMG_20180717_152823.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 1,197
  • IMG_20180717_152844.jpg
    IMG_20180717_152844.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 1,169
  • IMG_20180717_153005.jpg
    IMG_20180717_153005.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,148
  • IMG_20180717_153810.jpg
    IMG_20180717_153810.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,177
  • IMG_20180717_154022.jpg
    IMG_20180717_154022.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 1,186
Last edited:
Somewhat nervous about buying one of these as a UK customer. Is this manufacturing error a one off or has anyone else experiencing this? Shipping back and forth to the UK with USPS is glacial.

Somewhat nervous about buying one of these as a UK customer. Is this manufacturing error a one off or has anyone else experiencing this? Shipping back and forth to the UK with USPS is glacial.

I'm also curious to know if anyone else has this issue. Just to make sure it's clear; I did not have to mail anything to Vanquish to get my issue resolved.

Maybe retake some calipers to all the bearing carriers & the housing.

And I am pretty sure all the hardware is black oxide and not painted.

I'm also curious to know if anyone else has this issue. Just to make sure it's clear; I did not have to mail anything to Vanquish to get my issue resolved.

Did you order through Vanquish direct or through a reseller like Amain

If your measurements are correct (you are using a good brand of calipers) then VP's tolerances are insane. If that's the case these have to be machined on high end CNC machines or the issues are going to continually pop up. Even if the anodizing thickness is out of spec it'll cause issues with tolerances like these.

If your measurements are correct (you are using a good brand of calipers) then VP's tolerances are insane. If that's the case these have to be machined on high end CNC machines or the issues are going to continually pop up. Even if the anodizing thickness is out of spec it'll cause issues with tolerances like these.

If more people understood this..... they might understand why there is always some slop in production models. And we would have less complaining about things.

This situation could be the exact opposite. A company being so precise that a change in season temperature in the shop could cause issues.

I would hazard a guess that this is a fluke.

rohrej- it would be interesting to see. Would you measure that retainer at room temp then toss it in the freezer and remeasure it. I'm just curious to see how much if any those changes might effect dimensions.

rohrej- it would be interesting to see. Would you measure that retainer at room temp then toss it in the freezer and remeasure it. I'm just curious to see how much if any those changes might effect dimensions.

Took some more measurements at 72° F.
Freezing now...

In VP's defense, not many people, especially people that aren't engineers, don't understand the massive undertaking required to bring new products to the market. This is amplified when the product is relatively complex like the Origin and it's magnified by the relatively small size of Vanquish. Some things are forgivable and other things shouldn't be missed. But first run kits from any manufacturer are bound to have teething problems.

Long gone are the days when products are thoroughly tested before being released to the public. Why do you think automobile recalls are at an all-time high?

That's not just product engineering. This goes for software engineering too. Software features used to be well planned out with a road map and have monthly release cycles and full QA testing. Now it's just rush it out in 2 weeks, if we don't have time to test enough, fix it along with the new tasks that you have to complete for the next 2 weeks.

Times have changed.

video games are the worst about this. You cant even play them out of the box without an update anymore, meaning you also must have internet connected. I think online gaming is cool but requiring an internet connection for games sucks. Times have changed for sure

Back