• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Valreesio's SCX-10

Axial does all the lights in series? I'd do them in parallel each with a resistor in series determined by the bulbs forward votage and amp rating.

IMG_20130527_081154_554-1_zpse976cb1a.jpg

Decided I'm manly enough to reduce my stinger size

So the truck has been down for about 3 weeks or so because my motor went out. I bought a new one from rc4wd. I was really hoping to wait and get a 35t, but I finally gave up on that and bought a 45t instead. I will see how much speed difference there is. I hope not too much.

I was reading up on breaking brushed motors in and I seen people say to do it for 5-10 minutes all the way up to at least an hour +. I ran it on two AA batteries (2.4 volts total) for about 30 minutes and I have not noticed much of a difference in what the brushes look like. They are a little more curved, so I think I will go with it.

A pic of the motor being broke in . . .

no brushed motor techs to help?

i say toss it in little B and run it like you stole it . screw that break in bs

I broke it in for about half an hour, we will see. It is slow as crap though after taking it out. Not bad but a little more wheel speed is desired. I also have a castle link on the way, so I can finally set my drag brake to more than 40%....it will be nice. On to some more recent pics.

I almost ran over this wildlife before my friend warned me . . . not the only wildlife we found this trip, ticks are bad right now.

Found a little water fall I could drive up to.

A bridge shot . . .

Awesome pics and man lerp that snake away from me.

Did you shoot any vid?

One or two short vids, but the place was really a bust because of the ticks we wont be going back, maybe in the winter...The trail itself was semi fun, but not a lot of crawling.

Also the snake was funny because Jack was trying to herd it with his redcat.

So I need to update, and I will update soon. But yes the drag brake is absolutely making a huge difference. When it cools down a bit I will get out and do a bit more crawling and testing.

Wow, amazing how much time goes by. I have not done any crawling to speak of since this last post. College started back up again and then I moved to Washington. I just got Lil' B. a new battery and charger. My old charger somehow took a dump on me and I think it took the battery with it. I just cannot believe it has been a year and a half since Lil B. has been out to play. She has a good layer of dust on her, but the Whidbey Island rain will wash that off right quick. I need to solder up a couple connectors for the new battery and charger and then she will be running again. A couple of pics to shame myself in the storage of her and of the new battery and charger.

Although you cannot see it in yesterdays pics, I spent the better part of an hour fixing this:

This happens to tires when you mount them at one elevation (3,745 feet/1141 meters) and then move to a much lower elevation (sea level). I had to take off each bead lock, pop the bead and then put it back together. PITA!!! I also got my crap together today and soldered up my new battery and charger connections. Found out that my old battery is still good (was just the old charger) so now I have two LiPo batterys (5700mah & 5800mah) for a good long trail run when I need them. Maybe tomorrow I will get to test her out for a little bit more than a run around the house and driveway. We will have to wait and see.

Back