• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Valreesio's SCX-10

Come on reese you are just as guilty as me you didn't mention that we messed up until after it was cut LOL

I was wondering if you were just busting my chops because I knew that I had put that we messed up...then I reread the post and I missed "I". Now I feel like a tool. :oops: Changed and fixed. It would not have gotten done without you, thanks for the help. :mrgreen:

So here are some pics of my new electronics setup. I do not know if I am going to like the battery in this position or not. Just taking it outside for a few minutes I noticed it handles differently. It was harder to get up and over the curb, but it feels a lot more balanced in other ways. I think I may need to weight the front wheels to give back some of the forward weight, we will see.

While I was moving the receiver box I went ahead and threw a balloon around the receiver and control board for the lights. I then stuffed them back in the box and zip tied it a few times. I believe that everything is now water proof/resistant except for the servo mount on the rear axle, I just learned last night that I need to close them up also. :shock: That is a today job.

001_zpsff7a9971.jpg

003_zps2b5393fc.jpg

I think you need to add some unsprung weight ie. weight in the wheels and for anybody want some strong aluminum street signs are beyond tough and hard to bend

P.S. That was a damaged street sign picked up from a local transportation department LOL

Yeah Jack, I think I am going to go pick up some lead weight, but I am going to "wait" (lol I kill myself :roll: ) until we go out this week and see how she does.

Liking your electronics setup. Looking forward to Friday and bumper ideas and cad drawings :)

Ohhh and now I'm after a road sign.

hope this radias is okay on the stinger

the brace on the back is just holding the width of the bumper while its welded

Last edited:
That is looking awesome. I am going to owe you big time for this... Oh and your welding skills look fantastic, I cannot come close. Looks good, cannot wait to see it finished and in person.

I dont know if jack can part with anymore street sign but you could ask him when you come up.

That looks good and will clear the body at one inch. Are the side posts (body guards) going to come off at that same bead?

I liked the look of the lower bar, but it may have hung up on some things. Or thinking about it maybe not. I do not know, I am deliriously tired for no reason. It looks really good and I cannot wait to put it on Lil' B. "thumbsup"

So this has nothing to do with my truck but I thought I would add a funny picture that brightened my mood the second I saw it . . . :flipoff:

Lol.

Here's the lower bar. I also have it on my bumper
IMG_20130413_184719_217_zpsc5956876.jpg

Could cut about an 1/8" out of it

I am looking forward to seeing my bumper put on soon. I am also 100% sure I need weights in my wheels up front. After this last weekend of wheeling there were obstacles I was not able to get over the last time I tried because I would start to flip. Some un-sprung weight might do the trick. I just do not know how much. Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking maybe 4 oz in each wheel might do the trick, and do I need any in the back? Going to stop and get some stick on tomorrow.

I filled my fronts with as much weight as I could. Don't know how much it was.

Looking forward to seeing your bumper on. I forgot the bottom bar.

I'll text thou directions yo the job site if you wanna come get the bumper

Great build so far, wish I could find some rocks like that around my place.

We are lucky here in Southern Idaho. Tons of old basalt lava flows all over the place. For RC crawling and 1:1 crawling it is great, but can be a PIA for building houses and basements, etc. Excavating it can be a chore I am told. Thanks for the comment, I have enjoyed building her and building her cheaply. Too many spend the money (I might if I had it I guess . . .) instead of doing it themselves or forcing their friends into unwanted labor deals . . . :lmao:

So I finally have my bumper and now I just need to drill some holes in it to mount it to the frame. Evan did a great job "thumbsup" in making this for me and did an exceptional job considering he had no access to an SCX-10 while making it. Here are some pics with the bumper mocked up for marking the bolt holes. I have been giddy as a school girl waiting for this thing. :roll:

Looks good. I want a stinger style bumper. I want something that does not stick out to far. The Rubi bumper just gets in the way. I want both front wheel to be able to hit a wall and go straight up!

Looks good. I want a stinger style bumper. I want something that does not stick out to far. The Rubi bumper just gets in the way. I want both front wheel to be able to hit a wall and go straight up!

I don't know about the Rubicon, but being that it uses the same frame as mine, I do not think that is possible without either 2.2's or cutting your body and frame. I would like the ability also, but I am not sure I want to go to 2.2's to get it. I still enjoy the challenge that 1.9's give me.

Back