• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Valreesio's SCX-10

Lol, yeaaaaa...that's it. ;-)

Yup, take the horn off then turn everything on with trims centered, and put the horn back on straight down. You may have to adjust your drag link length to get everything perfect.

That was it...I am sure of it, it in no way could be my awesome driving... :lmao:

So I decided to go ahead and make my own tie rod and drag link to match my suspension and get rid of some of the slop. I took the advice I remembered from you and took the horn off and for the life of me could not get it centered, so I was going to live with what I had until I see you said adjust the drag link length...now it makes sense...I can do that tomorrow. Anyways here is what she looks like now. "thumbsup"

002_zps6e97728f.jpg

007_zps63de40d2.jpg

I am so disappointed. I took my truck out today and I could not climb up anything. Everything I tried I rolled and/or flipped the truck. But this is not what disappointed me because I still had a couple of hours of fun. I was video taping and having a good time until I got home and looked through those videos. There, plain for the world to see was the worst thing imaginable. I have a big bald spot on the back of my head! :shock: I have never seen it before and it feels like I have hair back there. I ask my wife about it and she tells me it has been that way for a long time. :cry: What the hell??? When was she going to tell me? Now I need a hat and pronto. I don't think I can ever go anywhere without one again. Getting older sucks!!! Anybody know where can I get a good RC hat or who has a good selection of funny ( :lmao: ) RC hats?

Man I watched this thing pull some incredibly crazy lines. Very capable rig and awesome driving.

I went out today and took Lil' B wheelin' Had a good time and it was fun, but I made a big mistake a little bit into the ride. I let my kids hold the camera... Dont get me wrong, I love my kids and they love to take videos but, I would not recommend it for videos that will be uploaded. Case in point . . .

Lil' B Adventures #2 - YouTube

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Pt-zYt3qD5c?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also a few changes have been made. I bought a new servo arm after I hit a rock and stripped the stock plastic one. I then went and mirrored the transmission and while I was in there I went ahead and made it a little water resistant. The mirroring has worked out good and I am pleased with it. I also cut the sides off of the front bumper and that has made a big difference in getting up onto rocks without having to come at an angle. Anyways, on to pics...

The new servo arm
003_zpsda93dfb2.jpg

The mirroring of the transmission
004_zpsb6b4468b.jpg

Before the bumper
007_zps63de40d2.jpg

And after
001_zps491d9f32.jpg

Last edited:
So put a new servo in today ( HXT 10kg Servo (metal gear) 55g / 10kg / .16sec (USA Warehouse) ) and it works like a champ. I opened it up and coated the gears with some marine grease to make it a little water resistant...need to find some rubber o-rings to fit the servo horn. But this just leaves my control box to water proof and I should be able to run her like a submarine...not that I will mind you ;-) because the wife will kill me. Has anyone ran the sidewinder sv3 completely submerged yet? They say its water proof, but who has tried it? Anyways, my next projects are boatsiding it (pure awesomeness if you ask me) and a front bumper with stinger. Friends "thumbsup" might be helping me with both.

i like your idea of zip ties around the driveshafts to hold in the locking screw...i have had several of them come loose

i like your idea of zip ties around the driveshafts to hold in the locking screw...i have had several of them come loose

Yeah, I got lucky and one had come loose the other day crawling, but did not fall out. They are easy to slide off to tighten the screw back up and then slide back on. Hope it works for you and glad one of my ideas worked...

I also should share my new attire. I took my family to a Monster Jam event in Boise a few weeks ago and they had this grab bag of stuff for ten bucks. I buy it and it comes with this semi-crappy hat that my wife does not like me wearing because she does not like the looks of it. :shock: In the pictures I want you to notice the little zippers it has on it. Well, that gave me the genius idea to put all the little tools and crap I need in to those two zippered pockets to have with me on the trail. Allen wrenches, zip ties, and the 4 way tool all have a place and I dont feel them in the hat. Plus...it says RC on the side so it must have been destiny or something . . . :roll:

007_zps9b63f2a8.jpg

008_zpsc471ad4e.jpg

010_zps1ea95340.jpg

011_zpsfb42a651.jpg

Went to every hardware store and metal dealer I could find today and nobody had stainless steel tubing for a four link suspension, so I just opted for some brake line instead. I used 8-32 all thread all the way through with the Revo ball ends #5347. The LHS only had one packet so next week I will get the fronts done. Do you guys run shorter front links or has anyone ran same length back and front? Much of a difference? Also here is a link for an easy way to put in the ball ends for the Revo's that I found, hope it might help somebody at least. Also used some sandpaper to make the brake line look a little bit better.

Revo ball ends installed easy. - YouTube

And on to pictures of the links...

002_zps22534430.jpg

003_zpsb3a9aa79.jpg

004_zps99311212.jpg

Nice rig man. Liking the links as well. I run the links at their stock lengths with the exception of the upper rears. I run those a tad longer by using the longer rod ends to tilt the rear pinion up a tad to keep the driveshaft from binding at full travel.
Oh and welcome to the disease! I have it as well!

I ran all of my rear links the exact same length and it gives me a real nice driveline angle. I have read that it is better clearance on the pumpkin also, but I have not noticed a difference.
I only wish I could have known about the disease a few years earlier. I had more money back then . . .

Finally took the plunge and boatsided Lil' B. The change is amazing but talking will not do it any justice. So right on to pictures..but do not laugh at my friend and I cutting the sign backwards...okay laugh on, I am. :lmao:

Look at the clearance difference!!!
054_zps2e728ff7.jpg

Looks sweet from this side . . .
050_zpsfffbac1c.jpg

Not so much . . . :shock:
059_zps866f00aa.jpg

Action shots
062_zps58ca2686.jpg

063_zpsda832458.jpg

064_zpsf343abb2.jpg

065_zpsf6f2c24b.jpg

066_zps31dc65f6.jpg

067_zps9e2bb23a.jpg

068_zps6e47783b.jpg

Last edited:
dude that boatside is awesome, glad your liking the servo, for 8 bucks its pretty baddass

yeah it is . . . and I spent the last few hours rearranging the electronics and finishing up the receiver water proofing/resisting. I will get some pics up later of the setup. Wish you would have gotten your gears, we need to go crawling.

ill still be in twin for a few more weeks. looks like after we get the concrete poured i get to be framing to wich isnt my thing grr. guess that guys that frame are bussy

That's good to hear, though probably not for your wife and kids . . . lol. Jack, you and I have to meet up this week anyway just to hang out.

Come on reese you are just as guilty as me you didn't mention that we messed up until after it was cut LOL

O my, LOL at the hat, and at the (road?)sign boatside. I'd love to do away with the dang sliders as well. Keep on rock'n that Honchi.

Yeah Jack, we messed up. Actually as project leader I messed up...lol. Today was fun though and it works beautifully. And FYI, a steel brush is not even scratching the surface material on the sign. I watched a video on how road signs are made and I think this stuff is semi-bonded to the metal. I may have to grind it off or just paint them. I like the look of brushed aluminum though.

05Fronty4x, I wear the hat on all my crawl sessions and yes it was a road sign, shhh . . .

Last edited:
Back