• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Ty's RR10 Bomber Build

Installed the Vanquish motor mount this morning. It's too bad such a pretty piece will rarely be seen!

Attachments

• IMG_20170215_101337.jpg
    IMG_20170215_101337.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 1,476
  • IMG_20170215_101954.jpg
    IMG_20170215_101954.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 1,481
  • IMG_20170215_103356.jpg
    IMG_20170215_103356.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 1,512
Red and black is one of my favorite color combos so Tekin gave you a great base to start with. Looking good!

Vanquish Currie Antirock sway bar showed up on Friday, installed it over the weekend. "thumbsup" Should have tires soon so this thing will at least be sitting on the ground!

Attachments

• IMG_20170306_101329.jpg
    IMG_20170306_101329.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 1,707
Looking good, I just picked up some of those same shocks. I was wondering what weight oil you used and how do you like the shocks? Springs seem to be a little weak to me.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Looking good, I just picked up some of those same shocks. I was wondering what weight oil you used and how do you like the shocks? Springs seem to be a little weak to me.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

I ran 25wt in these when they were on my Wraith. I put 30wt in them but I won't know if they work well until I get to drive it this spring. All depends on what you're looking to do with it, race or trail will be pretty different setups. I'm aiming for a mix of both. The springs seem stiff actually, at least the front do. The rears feel soft since it's trailing arm. I'll have a better idea after getting some wheel time on it this year.

I ran 25wt in these when they were on my Wraith. I put 30wt in them but I won't know if they work well until I get to drive it this spring. All depends on what you're looking to do with it, race or trail will be pretty different setups. I'm aiming for a mix of both. The springs seem stiff actually, at least the front do. The rears feel soft since it's trailing arm. I'll have a better idea after getting some wheel time on it this year.

I am looking at these same shocks, and the 113mm version, but I am worried about the spring rates. 2000UZJ has them on the back of his Garbage Wraith and they seem appropriate, but the fronts will need different springs. Do you know what spring options exist for these?

Got my Crawler Innovations order today, Eddie is awesome! Double Deuce 5.25" Standard/Mediums, Comp Cut Inners, tuning rings and a Cell Block stand. Just need tires and I can finally have a rolling chassis sans transmission.

Attachments

• IMG_20170316_082241.jpg
    IMG_20170316_082241.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 1,126
I am looking at these same shocks, and the 113mm version, but I am worried about the spring rates. 2000UZJ has them on the back of his Garbage Wraith and they seem appropriate, but the fronts will need different springs. Do you know what spring options exist for these?

Gmade has Hard, Medium and Soft springs for the XD shocks. I believe 68mm is the spring length for the 103mm XDs. I have the Mediums (White) front and rear currently.

Gmade has Hard, Medium and Soft springs for the XD shocks. I believe 68mm is the spring length for the 103mm XDs. I have the Mediums (White) front and rear currently.

Thank you. I found them on eBay, though I couldn't find them on the Gmade site. As near as I can tell, the 113mm use the same springs. Zach from RPP Hobby says the 113mm should be released in the next month or so.

Dumb question but how do you know what length to get for the axle tether(sp)?

Vanquish Currie Antirock sway bar showed up on Friday, installed it over the weekend. "thumbsup" Should have tires soon so this thing will at least be sitting on the ground!

Dumb question but how do you know what length to get for the axle tether(sp)?

I measured my mounting point distances with the shocks at full extension and picked the 95mm straps as they would stop the shocks from reaching full extension. I mounted mine differently that most would, mostly because the 100mm versions had gold mounting brackets and the red versions were way too long! For these shocks the 100mm would be perfect if you mounted them at the mount points and ran it down shock length like most do.

Got my Crawler Innovations order today, Eddie is awesome! Double Deuce 5.25" Standard/Mediums, Comp Cut Inners, tuning rings and a Cell Block stand. Just need tires and I can finally have a rolling chassis sans transmission.

i was wondering what to do with my crawler innovations outer foam strip. i didn't put that in, figured it was protection for the foams.

i was wondering what to do with my crawler innovations outer foam strip. i didn't put that in, figured it was protection for the foams.

Gap filler for taller tires or you can pack it in for a bit more dense outer foam if your rig is heavier and squashing the large foam more than you want. It can also be put in after your main foams have broken down over time to get a little more life out of em. "thumbsup"

Im running the same CI foam setup on my bomber in growlers. Awesome foam set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put the Lil Novas in my 1.9 Pit Bulls, incredible the difference they made over the standard foams.

R35 Baja T/As showed up, mounted them this morning! CI foams fit so nice and are extremely easy to mount up on the VP Methods. Punched some holes in the rubber before putting the foams in for air and water to escape through. I love the way they look on this Bomber!

Attachments

• IMG_20170322_094510.jpg
    IMG_20170322_094510.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 1,013
  • IMG_20170322_100812.jpg
    IMG_20170322_100812.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 1,060
Last edited:
I have a question do you know if the stock wheels clears Vanquish Scale C-hub/Knuckle with .475 SLW?

Back