• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TORRCC Challenge- Aug 4, Topeka

All of our events are beginner friendly. Above all we try to be as welcoming and helpful as we can, furthering the hobby is the ultimate goal:)

What doc said is correct. I'll also add that the ridge rest was made for this type of event. Your Exo Terra will have a good time on the trails but some of the more difficult terrain is going to be virtually impossible for it since it doesn't have locked transmissions. It can be pulled over some areas with a tow rope but the rocky areas are going to be near impossible for it. It would be a great rig for the free run after the event where the group will be exploring the 7 miles of trails that Dornwood provides. We hope to see you on Sunday!!

Shawn, congrats on your win at Goat Hill!

I've been looking forward to this event, but it looks like I may have to work this weekend. If I'm able to go, it will be a last minute thing. My apologies to those I had offered a ride to. Hopefully Bryan can squeeze all of you in the Avalanche.

Shawn, congrats on your win at Goat Hill!

I've been looking forward to this event, but it looks like I may have to work this weekend. If I'm able to go, it will be a last minute thing. My apologies to those I had offered a ride to. Hopefully Bryan can squeeze all of you in the Avalanche.

PFFT, work..........so lame.........

Please let me know if you can make it and what class you plan on running.
I will be there but this is my first time comin to one of these so im not really sure what class ill be in, I drive a Traxxas Summit so if someone could please tell me that would help me a lot.:ror:

Doing maintenance tonight. Should be go to go for Sunday after tonight.

20130802_174255_zps5e75db8e.jpg

Tomorrow's Weather Forecast for Topeka - weather.com

Guys, we need to figure out if we want to risk it or reschedule to next Saturday or Sunday. Please give me your input.

I know some folks aren't water proof. Additionally, some of the terrain, specifically the hill climbs will be hard for us to navigate on foot. The trails are going to be muddy also. I don't live too far from the place if we would need to get a break from a down pour. At the same time I don't look forward to a few hours setting up gates in the morning in a thunderstorm. What do you think? The 10 day forecast says next Saturday has a slight chance for rain and next Sunday is supposed to be clear. On the flip side of the coin, last week it called for a ten, then thirty chance of rain for tomorrow. Now it is much higher.

Sure Greg, I have plenty of room.

Thank heavens! Borrowing my brother's car isn't going to pan-out so a ride will be much appreciated!

Guys, we need to figure out if we want to risk it or reschedule to next Saturday or Sunday. Please give me your input.

Hmmm, this is a tough one. Being outside in the rain isn't too bad, but I'm a bad enough driver in perfect conditions:mrgreen: Plus having to navigate the terrain on foot could be a challenge too. Basically, I would hate for the weather man to be wrong and we miss a perfectly good opportunity to crawl, but I would equally hate dealing with the rain. In my opinion, it sounds like it should be up to the event organizer?:flipoff: Though, if it were me, I can't say I'd chance it...

Back