• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TORRCC Challenge- Aug 4, Topeka

I wont be able to make it. I had something come up last minute that takes priority. I wish I could make it but its not gonna happen. Have fun everyone!

Most of the gate materials are ready to go. Almost all my stuff is packed up so everything seems to be in order. I even got a local guy to help me set gates in the morning. Things are looking good. I'm also bringing my stick bridge in case the water in the creek is too high. Its likely that I can rig something up with it so we don't have to carry our rigs across. I'm hopeful that it is navigable since it hasn't rained for a few days. Weather is supposed to be about 90 with 60% humidity. Don't forget sun screen, water, and bug spray.

As a last note, and I will try to remind everyone of this... Put your keys somewhere they won't fall out while on the trails. I have been on two runs where people lost their keys and it wasn't fun finding them. If you need my number for whatever reason it is 785-633-9009.

Thanks everyone for attending. I hope you had a fantastic time! We had 14 participants and probably 10 spectators at one point. I would estimate there were 150 gates. The whole run took 4 hours start to finish. Congratulations to our winners- Kurt for the most scale truck, Mike in 2.2, and James in 1.9.

I'm working on the next event for TORRCC so everyone please give feed back.

~Shaun

Last edited:
Pics turned out awesome and it was great meeting new people! Plus it's always good to see what/how other people are driving/building their rigs. RCC is great, but I'd rather see it in person

You bet! I have wanted to put something together for a while. I just wish I hadn't had to reschedule. I think more folks could have made it over on the 4th. Thats KS weather for you though.

I really like those trails. You can find some good and diverse terrain out there.

Back