• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

To much thinking TTC

pinion support

So after frying the pinion bearing in less than two minutes of running I found some 7x14x5mm bearings that will sit nice and close to the pinion gear. all three bearings will fit in the case now so i have to believe that this will fix this issue. You can see the brass ring that was needed to fit into the 3 racing axle case to make it all work. Awesome...

IMAG14171.jpg

Bump just for the front shock mounts "thumbsup". Will, ever since I saw this in Montana, I've been designing some front shock mounts for my new build....thanks for the inspiration. I'm glad this rig is still kicking around....one of the best engineered scale trucks ever.

Bump just for the front shock mounts "thumbsup". Will, ever since I saw this in Montana, I've been designing some front shock mounts for my new build....thanks for the inspiration. I'm glad this rig is still kicking around....one of the best engineered scale trucks ever.

Well I am simply flattered. Im dying to see your 34 project come alive, and considering all the people you have inspired with your epic builds I appreciate the Bump.
I fully intend on bringing the Copper truggy back to the next scale nats and will be pushing for everyones votes into the TTC.

Screen shots from nats video

So glad the Copper Truggy made it in the 2011 scale nats video!

First shot is me smoking the clutch when the fasteners holding the ring gear to the locker backed out, effectively locking the rear axle solid, covered in a previous post.

Next one is what led up to that moment where i was trying to free my truck from a submerged stump that lodged in the front links.

IMAG1797.jpg

IMAG1798.jpg

Cant wait till next year!

So i swapped out the T8 for a tekin 3300kv pro 4 motor. Ditched one battery in the process, and a full lb in the process. The Pro4 has a huge power but wont put the truck into orbit like the t8. I like it better!

So i swapped out the T8 for a tekin 3300kv pro 4 motor. Ditched one battery in the process, and a full lb in the process. The Pro4 has a huge power but wont put the truck into orbit like the t8. I like it better!

Exact same thing I just did to my EB"thumbsup"

I also traded my T8 for pro4.

Video ?

I really like the pro 4, nice compromise, im going to try and ditch the two speed before too long.

not the worse for wear... with a broken front link and hangin driveshaft"thumbsup"
20111218_132014.jpg

20111218_132020.jpg

She still looks pretty good. Gotta love lexan "thumbsup". Is it still crazy fast in 2nd gear? Also, what kind of tube did you use for the chassis?
Honestly it hasnt seen that much time. The local club has been doing a lot of 1.9 stuff lately so the lil blue courier has gotten most of the abuse. You can handle second gear now, Im sure most of that is 3s vs 6s that i was running with the T8. The Tubing on this chassis is all chromoly, I wont use it again, the wall thickness isn't thin enough to reduce the weight like in big cars. So my most recent one is all 3/16 stainless.
So pull that winch apart and tell me how the disconnect works. Cause us cheapskates wanna know.
Truck looks awesome, By the way!!!

Honestly it hasnt seen that much time. The local club has been doing a lot of 1.9 stuff lately so the lil blue courier has gotten most of the abuse. You can handle second gear now, Im sure most of that is 3s vs 6s that i was running with the T8. The Tubing on this chassis is all chromoly, I wont use it again, the wall thickness isn't thin enough to reduce the weight like in big cars. So my most recent one is all 3/16 stainless.
So pull that winch apart and tell me how the disconnect works. Cause us cheapskates wanna know.
Truck looks awesome, By the way!!!

You used mixture of 1/4'' and 3/16'' chromoly correct ? 3/16 for the main chassis would be fine.

Where are you ordering 3/16 stainless ?

Back