• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

To much thinking TTC

Alright....I am gonna try it and order some stainless steel tube from that website,
By the way, it's no problem to braze these stainless steel tube on axial chassis and some other steel tubes or sheets, right?!

Yes, I think the safety silv works better with stainless than regular brake line.

Alright....I am gonna try it and order some stainless steel tube from that website,
By the way, it's no problem to braze these stainless steel tube on axial chassis and some other steel tubes or sheets, right?!

Right.

Read through this build thread from Prifral, it will answer every question you have about brazing, he even has a video. Some amazing work! I believe its where we all look for brazing inspiration and instruction. Click here Tumbler Reprised

A pic with the Tekin Pro4 and the electronics moved around.
IMAG1821.jpg

Fun run.
IMAG1827.jpg

IMAG1826.jpg

They both still look pretty good. That little Pro4 looks so tiny in there....Are you running the Mamba Max Pro? How did you waterproof everything?
I am running the Tekin Rx8 speed control, I just fill them full of dielectric grease. Yeah tiny, and half a pound lighter than the T8.
I just think the wear adds character. I built a lightbar out of aluminum on the courier, it gets beat and looks awesome.

Re: pinion support

So after frying the pinion bearing in less than two minutes of running I found some 7x14x5mm bearings that will sit nice and close to the pinion gear. all three bearings will fit in the case now so i have to believe that this will fix this issue. You can see the brass ring that was needed to fit into the 3 racing axle case to make it all work. Awesome...

IMAG14171.jpg

Any chance I could get you to reveal where you found that brass ring?

I just searched every bearing vendor I know for 7x15mm bearings. Now I know why you have those rings in there. :lmao:

Also, how is that fancy new motor treating you?

The brass ring i had made at the local machinist. I really like the pro4 motor, seems to be the best of both worlds, i would like to experiment with a single speed trans but i haven't messed with that yet

13 tooth, like the low speed, its hard to compare to the crawlmaster in my class two courier but it doesnt have the power that this does so its always a tradeoff. this crawls great though and the drag brake is perfect for creaping down hills very controlled.

I had some steel hexes made cause i had elongated the pin recess in a couple pair of aluminum ones. Hopefully i can keep the wheels tight now. Also opened up the outer bearing to accommodate a 6x12 bearing. Cleaned up the 300c axles, they have seen some abuse!
20120225_205312.jpg

Back together, I was noticing the huge dent in the front axle housing. Im wondering how much thats getting into the ring gear? Cant feel it dragging. Oh yeah 3s, i dont have any 2 s batts to even try it. it is the only pro4 that tekin says is good for 3s.

Back