• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TI-Fighters for sale

Yes its the first and we are getting going. Im thinking about making an optional "C" that would allow the use of XR knuckles, just figuring out the stubs. Whom would be interested in this option?

I would much rather have a chub that works with Erik D_Lux knuckle weights. I'm not particularly fond of the XR10 knuckle to be honest.

Yes its the first and we are getting going. Im thinking about making an optional "C" that would allow the use of XR knuckles, just figuring out the stubs. Whom would be interested in this option?

No thanks, the leaning king pin advantage (if it actually makes any difference) is far outweighed by the overcomplicated design of the knuckles themselves. I'll stick with my tried and true zero ackerman AX10s.

Thanks"thumbsup"
Kieren

xr knuckles

I dont know what the advantages are of the xr knuckles over axial knuckles but, I already have zero ackerman knuckles for axial and I would rather not change unless the reasons were justified it. Does anyone have good reasons why they are better. Thanks for the update super Dave

The XR knuckel chub's are going to be a option. He's still going to make the reg. one's too.
I have both truck's and the XR just feel's like it steering better with the angled kingpin. Axial even said it help's with less tire scrub and more responsive steering, And i agree with them.

The XR knuckel chub's are going to be a option. He's still going to make the reg. one's too.
I have both truck's and the XR just feel's like it steering better with the angled kingpin. Axial even said it help's with less tire scrub and more responsive steering, And i agree with them.

You're right, the angled kingpin does reduce the scrub radius, among other things. I still don't like the knuckles you have to use, I'm a big fan of the simpler high steer vanquish knuckles.

I agree with whoodie. If only VP made a simple zero ackerman angled kin pin knuckle. Then I'd pick up a set in a flash, just to see what it's like.

Kieren

I'll call vp and see if thay can make a strip down model for us. All we need is the front threaded part anyway. All the stuff on the rear needs tobe removed.

knuckles

What is the diameter difference between the vp's and regular chubs? Say I did the Dr chubs and did not like them, would it be a matter of just machining of the Dr bumps and putting on the regular ax10 chubs? Would the axle shafts be the same?

I'll call vp and see if thay can make a strip down model for us. All we need is the front threaded part anyway. All the stuff on the rear needs tobe removed.

Or better, the same design as the AX10 zero ackermans, but with the leaning kin pin.

Thanks"thumbsup"
Kieren

finish date

Do we have a word yet on an approx finish date. I am getting very anxious

ti fighters

Thanks 86jeep. I just can't wait to show these things off and see how they perform compared to v2 bergs on a bjv3

Got a question. Kinda late to ask, but anyway. Are these axles as wide as Bergs? If not, can they be made that way?

no they are narrower...

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290492&page=2

"The rear of the truck is 6.5" face to face on the hexes. The front is 7 11/16" on the face of the hexes. one width fits all, If you dont like them narrow then use wideners or even stack hubs. Its always easier to make them wider then it is to squeeze em' into skinny jeans (if ya know what i mean)"

a standard V1 Berg is about 8.5" for the same measurement if I've got it right....

so you can space 'em out with wider wheel hubs but the hub pivot point won't change....

Back