• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Spiike's SCX10 Jeep 4 Door (Caution Picture Heavy)

Yeah I got a few pictures, I'll get some more, I want to get some actual truck flying through snow, I got the 27T motor on with a 14tooth pinion! so its sorta quick, might put in the 20T motor and find a patch of ice and learn how to 4 wheel drift with my jeep ! LOL

Brother from another mother, heres my just finished article
3c00a441.jpg

got a link?

sounds nasty... yeah we didnt go to vernon today she's gotta go to kamloops tomorrow for some tests(MRI) so she had to go back into salmon arm for some tests so i got to stay home.....:mrgreen: yay!! going crawling this weekend so it should be fun.. gotta help my dad at his work (harbercraft) in vernon on saturday... booo!! oh well get paid for it and maybe if i get enough i'll get some more rc parts!!

yeah, thats always a bonus, i can't wait for Lester to get on the rc4wd vendors list so we can get some real nice parts to upgrade with!

roads are still pretty lame yet, and we're expecting another 10cm of snow or somthin.

yeah here too...:cry: sounds like im helping dad then going to a friends place in armstrong for the night tomorrow.. im listening to 107.5 kiss fm radio station on my laptop right now so getting the weather updates regularly.."thumbsup"

Yeah I got a few pictures, I'll get some more, I want to get some actual truck flying through snow, I got the 27T motor on with a 14tooth pinion! so its sorta quick, might put in the 20T motor and find a patch of ice and learn how to 4 wheel drift with my jeep ! LOL

got a link?

yeah, thats always a bonus, i can't wait for Lester to get on the rc4wd vendors list so we can get some real nice parts to upgrade with!

roads are still pretty lame yet, and we're expecting another 10cm of snow or somthin.

Yeh mate http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axia...into-rubicon-unlimited-no-going-back-now.html

Can't wait for us to get some snow over here in blighty

Very nice detail. Is that a original Rooster esc.. I have on ein a TAO2 car over ten years old

thank you, yeah thats the good ol' rooster works great, no problems, on off, forward reverse, 20T motor, 35T motor, good for trails! missing a brake though, so i think i'm missing out on some of the fun without that brake. but fun without, i can coast down trails without instantly stopping when you release the trigger, so thats a cool feature when your on your way to the rocks. screw carrying it right? hence why one of my goals was to buy a 2 speed traxxas transmission and the skid plate holder thing. right here on rc crawler.

I'm really disappointed with the weather here in the okanagan bc. I was really looking forward to at least 1 foot of snow, but we barely got 6" and thats when I got those videos. so the chains come off and get hung till next winter, unless we miraculously get a dump of snow!

northernerbill nice rig!

AX10wannabe You guys got a whack load of snow up there in salmon arm, i was just up there couple weeks ago about 10 minutes from salmon arm actually there was over 3 feet and 15 foot snow piles layin around! i was jelous!

yeah here too...:cry: sounds like im helping dad then going to a friends place in armstrong for the night tomorrow.. im listening to 107.5 kiss fm radio station on my laptop right now so getting the weather updates regularly.."thumbsup"

hey did you see axial is releasing a new updated version of the ax10? the ridgecrest! i remembered you wanted to buy the ol' ax10, i hope you didn't! those axial wraith axles look good on the ax10

AX90019 Axial AX10™ Ridgecrest™ - 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD - RTR

hey did you see axial is releasing a new updated version of the ax10? the ridgecrest! i remembered you wanted to buy the ol' ax10, i hope you didn't! those axial wraith axles look good on the ax10

AX90019 Axial AX10™ Ridgecrest™ - 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD - RTR
ya i bought the ax10 rtc and love it... i have about $200-250 in just upgrades into it now.. got er' dialed in pretty good... a friend of mine runs the SWX chassis and another friend just put a payment on the swx chassis as well and i got some material and im gonna cut my own plates..

ya i bought the ax10 rtc and love it... i have about $200-250 in just upgrades into it now.. got er' dialed in pretty good... a friend of mine runs the SWX chassis and another friend just put a payment on the swx chassis as well and i got some material and im gonna cut my own plates..

got a build thread?

yup of course i do!!"thumbsup"

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/354219-my-ax10-let-modding-begin.html

the mod list: started out with the new 2.4ghz system

-aluminum knuckles (stolen off my honcho)
-hitec 7955TG steering servo
-found out once i put the servo in the AE-2 esc couldnt handle the power so im now running my rooster and dx3e transmitter from my honcho
-2.2 hot bodies sedona tires and foam
-weighted and vented wheels 7oz each front and 4oz each rear
-sucked three link in a little bit to give the truck a raked look
-trimmed body
-little softer springs

still on mod list is overdrive/underdrive gears, aluminum links, aluminum c-hubs..

i got it dialed in pretty good now, its not done yet but i got it to a point where i can just learn how to drive it.. alum links are high on my list though..:mrgreen: my honcho is now running the 2.4ghz stuff and its doing just fine..:mrgreen:

Man. It's no wonder you didn't get a whole lot of comments... By the time I thought of something to say you'd made more changes and upgrades. Love everything you've done with your rig so far.

hey spiike- im looking forward to meeting up this year and do some crawling. i wanna go to a couple places this year... of course once i get my DL back :lmao:

Lol thanks. More upgrades to come. And maybe this summer I'll get a second rig going. I've got a big ol. Dodge ram I want to paint up.

Anyways. Was at Lesters today. Looking for a gear set for more axles a well. He was sold out. Oh well. So I bought a set of aluminum axial knuckles. The High clearance ones. When I buy my bearings and gears I will install them all together. Along with the axial universal able set that is another peice to get more steering radius.. Unless I break aknuckle earlier than that lol..

Yeah dude, one of these days we will crawl, there is so many places between here and your house lol, and nice ax10!

Sorry no updates lately, not enough good snow to take good vids, and then I decided to buy a zenithink 2 10.2 inch tablet w/ Android and asamsung galaxy ace. Literal conversion from windows to Android. Minus the pc only games, I do every thing on my phone. Good way to stop chewing your nails lol.

Oh and it won't let me upload pictures via my phone.

2012-04-07 21.42.50.jpg

As promised! at least a shot! Here is pic with the chains removed and the new knuckles. Like I said in previous post, I want to purchase bearings, and undergeared gears for rear axle to prevent some torque twist. and new bevel gears for the front axle, and then I will do it all together all at once. this should give me another 3-5 degrees of steering radius when i'm done.

a friend of mine put the high clearance knuckles on his ax10 and likes them so far. they take a little bit of fawking around to get them set up but once they are they turn very well. i thought about getting a set for my ax10 but im gonna wait until my friend has the bugs worked out then i know what works and what doesnt..lol..

just came back from chilliwack and found a set of aluminum c-hubs for the ax10. cheaper than what they are at lesters. about another month we'll crawling outside again!! my course is dry right now so i can do some building on that and test the rig.

a friend of mine put the high clearance knuckles on his ax10 and likes them so far. they take a little bit of fawking around to get them set up but once they are they turn very well. i thought about getting a set for my ax10 but im gonna wait until my friend has the bugs worked out then i know what works and what doesnt..lol..

just came back from chilliwack and found a set of aluminum c-hubs for the ax10. cheaper than what they are at lesters. about another month we'll crawling outside again!! my course is dry right now so i can do some building on that and test the rig.

Yeah!, I just took my rig out for a rip! Ended up killing 2 batteries, got a few beautiful shots with the night feature on my galaxy ace! I couldn't for the life of me take the same photos with my fiance's 12mp camera, but ended up getting some cool shots with my android's 5mp camera lol!! get that eh.

As far as the knuckles were concerned, I might have a few issues with it, but from the looks of it the servo servo horn might be in the way! Is that what your buddy was having issues with? My solution to that problem is finding out if I have any of that threaded rod from my links, and using traxxas rod ends and making my own, bent, possibly behind the servo arm (which might look neat) or sitting on the outside, bent out like a bow. Similar to the wraiths odd looking steering link. to fit around the pumkin.

This high clearance knuckles may also benefit my future build of putting the servo on the chassis. Right beside the motor! and running a same length link similar to the 4 link setup, with a servo L on the axle with a shortlink connecting the L shaped servo horn. to the steering knuckle, thus making it a chassis mounted servo. But I haven't got my plans of where, how and exactly how i'm going to mount it on paper yet. thoughts are written, but i have issues yet, fall project probably.

2012-04-10 21.08.14.jpg
2012-04-10 21.04.52.jpg
notice the little short GI joe my uncle found! lol hes about 1" too short to be perfect scale.
2012-04-10 21.09.02.jpg

Your build is so kick@$$! Build it, bash it, break in, rebuild. Sweet. I don't think you have enough photos of the underbody though. J/K. Great job, your scaler probably has more miles on it then your 1:1. Keep up its evolution. I think I saw a spot of shiny paint about 150 pictures ago, but you got it about 140 pics ago.

Your build is so kick@$$! Build it, bash it, break in, rebuild. Sweet. I don't think you have enough photos of the underbody though. J/K. Great job, your scaler probably has more miles on it then your 1:1. Keep up its evolution. I think I saw a spot of shiny paint about 150 pictures ago, but you got it about 140 pics ago.

Lol thanks. Yeah. I could sit for weeks counting the scratches. Might paint orange or yellow! We wiill see. Ill get good shots of her belly for if u want lol

building a new rock garden outside, outlining flower beds with rocks, since I moved from downstairs to upstairs, I gotta move my rocks from backyard to front yard. fill with dirt, plant flowers, make pretty and landlord will be happy, and I'll be happy with rocks all over my front yard. can even walk right up to the curb and laugh at a cop *hiccup haha i'm drinkin and drivin! and nothin you can do about it! LOL

Don't know if I'll have much cash soon to get new upgrades, maybe get that rear bumper, with rear tire swing out from rc4wd, hopefully lester will get that ordered for me.

Will get pictures of the new rock garden.

Any ideas on what is safe and easy to use to kill weeds and safe around kids? so that I don't have to keep weed eating my rocks.

So here is the scoop, sorry I haven't put any updates up lately, I have so many pictures I could upload.

I bought a lexan 4 door jeep by proline, should be in on friday next week. I also bought a new scx10 dingo kit, and that is on backorder till late sept. So I should have the new jeep body painted, and ready to go on the dingo kit. I have not decided whether I'm going to put the interior inside the new jeep body, as I have realised that the weight of the hard plastic body is too much. The performance the lexan brings out is super nice.!

I still have my jeep, It runs good, actually it runs great, I got new bearings for the knuckles, as they were so shot after many hours of abuse. I took her for one last hour drive in my front yard, and tore her apart, right down to chassis. She will be turned into a Dodge with honch roll cage. This hard plastic dodge came off a radio shack brand rc.

So thats it, I will upload the last few updates of my old red jeep, some RIP pictures, and I will create a new thread for the dodge honcho, or the doncho soon. so watch out i'm still here! I will also create a thread for the new lexan jeep body probably oct nov. when the kit arrives.

OH! also forgot, I bought a traxxas tq4 2.4ghz 4 channel. I'm just waiting for losikid to send me a few wantasummit true3 channel link adapters and i'll be able to use the winch with the remote. and I love end point adjustments! lol hopefully save a servo or 2 lol

the true 3 channel adapter basically allows me to plug a winch, or a servo into the adapter, and the adapter plugs into channel 4 and channel 5 of the traxxas receiver, allowing me to use the 3 position toggle to control winch in, stop and out. I also need new winch thread. any suggestions?

Here is a picture of the new aluminum knuckles, and ax10 universal cv and they work wonders, I got the extra turning radius that I was looking for in that upgrade. I had to switch the servo link to the other side and use a longer link of course to reach, because the servo could not give enough throw when the tire was turned in, it had no leverage to push the tire because the link and the knuckle were straight. now that i fixed that, using the 645mg has no problem moving the truck around when the tires are wedged against rocks. even with my 8 lbs truck. but that will change, im going less top heavy, might even get a small lipo battery or 2 and a lipo charger. one day.
SAM_3574.jpg

Back