• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Spiike's SCX10 Jeep 4 Door (Caution Picture Heavy)

i actually reorganized the accessories on the hard top and added real scale firewood lol"thumbsup" and thank you!

come on spike do you ever run that truck , no scratches , no dirt quit babieng that thing:lmao:just givin you crap , lookin good"thumbsup"

come on spike do you ever run that truck , no scratches , no dirt quit babieng that thing:lmao:just givin you crap , lookin good"thumbsup"

lol i can take pictures of the scratches, the thing has 10 sratches per square inch! broken c hubs, broke stock axial drive shafts, broke integy drive shafts, broken tranny output shafts, smoked motor.. and i'm not even running lipo! just the good ol' 7 cell ni-mh have enough power n torque for me lol"thumbsup""thumbsup"

so my LHS pulled through, last week i pre-paid for MIP driveshafts for ax10, i showed them they were in stock on towerhobbies, and they order from there once in a while. so today i picked them up, since i been asking for these since may, i went ahead and bought the integy HDs many months ago. and I JUST got them workking perfectly. so now i told my wife that she can wrap it up for christmas, so i can have something to unwrap for christmas instead of just unwrapping some chocolates, just for the kids eyes. my christmas present to myself comes throughout the year, aka parts for my truck lol. Also had the traxxas 4 channel remote i wanted too for 100 bucks, but im broke feeding and buying gifts for christmas for my kids. and they also had some 72-103mm axial shocks with aluminum housings on the shelf, if they were there 2 weeks ago i would of bought them. i believe their for the ax10 as well. ax30092 i figure then i can remove my liftkit and use these shocks for more articulation as well because they are roughly 10mm longer than the stock shocks that came with the kit.

*edit. I forgot! i also bought a aluminum hangar 9 servo arm for my hitec servo. I havent broke the hitec servo arm yet, but I couldnt resist having the aluminum spare part around for when i do break the plastic one. but im using the hitec high strength servo arm and its holding well!

Last edited:
i also bought a 3 racing 1/10 540 motor heatsink, i tend to make all my motors smell regardless what i do lol. fits perfect on my axial 20t, 27t and my rc4wd 35t motors, will post a picture of it mounted, it sucks having strept throat!

chains are looking good!! i think it takes more time making 1.9 chains bigger to fit 2.2's than it does to make chains from scratch!! i started peeling sticks for my little log cabin for my course yesterday but i do have to get back onto my chains and finish them up.

Spiike...

Was that body a 1/8th scale New Bright?

yes sir!

chains are looking good!! i think it takes more time making 1.9 chains bigger to fit 2.2's than it does to make chains from scratch!! i started peeling sticks for my little log cabin for my course yesterday but i do have to get back onto my chains and finish them up.

Yes, Took me several hours to complete, the chains were originally made to fit the new bright 2 door jeep rock crawler tires. i took them apart and started fresh, so i could have straight chains vs tangled chains, im really impressed with how they turned out, i thought i was going to have to use several bungee cords to keep them tight, but they fit so snug, that i had to pinch the tire to get the screw and nut together. after it was on i worked the chains around and they fit perfect! and it looks like we just got 3" of fresh white stuff and its still coming down!

log cabin? like scale cabin? for the scale trail?

i've been pissing around with my snow plow all afternoon and its snowing like a mofo here still !!

i try not to use bungee's if i dont have to, usually i'll just take a link out of each side of the chain (which makes them smaller) to tighten them up.

yeah a couple months ago i started building a little log cabin then lost interest in it but i decided to cut up some chunks and bring it into the house. it will be 12"x10", walls are 6" high and 8" high in the center for the peaked roof, using willow sticks split in half lengthwide as logs for the walls and the roof logs will be regular sticks. planning on a couple of windows lined with them wide popsicle sticks cut in half lengthwise. it will be a scale accessory for my crawler course. everything will be hot glued together. "thumbsup":mrgreen: also im handcarving the corner upright logs by taking a stick squaring off 2 sides so when you look inside the cabin the corners will be rounded but i'll still have a square corner on the outside.

Last edited:
Turns out our landlord is giving us a deal on the upper suite, so i'll be very busy in the next month or so. I'm loosing out on a bit of workshop, moving from a 8x12 to a 8x8, but i'm thinking about building a lean-to thats like 4x6 to store the camping gear, wine kits, christmas stuff, and other stuff that needs stored, the house we are moving from the downstairs to the upstairs, is beautiful, larger everything dining room, living room, kitchen, bathroom, master suite, even get a nice patio(except the shed) so very exciting, hopefully we can get settled in before christmas.

I bought a set of ax10 universal drive axles i call them, this will give me that extra bit of turning radius after i build a good steering link that misses the pumkin on the axle.

I want to get it all installed hopefully by mid january, new mip driveshafts, aluminum servo arm, and the ax10 driveaxles.

then my next goal to get, is underdriven rear bevel gears for the diff, and a new set of front drive gears for the diff. and a new spur gear. spur gear cover and that traxxas 4 ch 2.4ghz remote i been dying to get. and 2 sets of axial aluminum wraith shocks to boot. thats on the todo list so far.

will post snow pictures with the chains on when the snow arrives!

We actually just got the snow in the last few days, but not enough! the first snow fall was only 3" and that was nothing for my jeep and chains. we just got about 6" of snow, so i'll be putting on the chains and playing, but it is also -19c and -25c with wind chill, so its pretty dam cold right now. plus I just moved into a different suite. so i just been really busy, but i did not forget about my jeep! if we get a wack load of snow i'll be out taking pics and playing! for now, i think i'm going to keep my fingers! lol

oh and we are fully moved in!

We actually just got the snow in the last few days, but not enough! the first snow fall was only 3" and that was nothing for my jeep and chains. we just got about 6" of snow, so i'll be putting on the chains and playing, but it is also -19c and -25c with wind chill, so its pretty dam cold right now. plus I just moved into a different suite. so i just been really busy, but i did not forget about my jeep! if we get a wack load of snow i'll be out taking pics and playing! for now, i think i'm going to keep my fingers! lol

oh and we are fully moved in!
sweet.. ya i was in vernon for the 3" snowfall got very little at my house. you guys get more snow?? how are the roads?? mom wants to go to staples.

sweet.. ya i was in vernon for the 3" snowfall got very little at my house. you guys get more snow?? how are the roads?? mom wants to go to staples.

Yeah, the roads are pretty slippery, even with ice tires i see people slidin through stop signs every so often, I haven't been much on the highways, but from what my mom says, the lumby vernon road is horrid. Its not really the roads you gotta worry about, its the other dangerous drivers out there without proper tires! tell your mom she should be okay just be super cautious!

I think we got about 6" total of snow, and its the super powder stuff, so the truck flies through it pretty quick without much issues. When the first snow fall came down back in dec. that snowfall was very wet and damp and the truck just pushed the snow and got caught and high centered even with chains. the snow we got outside is perfect for making clouds of snow go everywhere with the truck, i'll bring her in and put the chains on today and get some winter shots. the roads are perfect for 4 wheel drive drifting! tempted to put my axial 20T motor in!

Brother from another mother, heres my just finished article
3c00a441.jpg

sounds nasty... yeah we didnt go to vernon today she's gotta go to kamloops tomorrow for some tests(MRI) so she had to go back into salmon arm for some tests so i got to stay home.....:mrgreen: yay!! going crawling this weekend so it should be fun.. gotta help my dad at his work (harbercraft) in vernon on saturday... booo!! oh well get paid for it and maybe if i get enough i'll get some more rc parts!!

pics of vernons little bit of snow. not even enough as the first snowfall with the wind blowing it everywhere....

SAM_2778.jpg

SAM_2781.jpg

SAM_2782.jpg

SAM_2783.jpg

playin in fron yard
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QC-lB7Ylb-o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MrMz2hDHIjM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

crawling in the back yard

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DTXZojS6pkM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ORKXT40lS30" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back