• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

RcBros 7075 aluminum lockers review!

To check a true slop issue with our lockers you'll need to take the cases apart and install the axle shaft by hand into the locker itself. It will be a snug fit with no slop I promise.

The CVD's, hexes, wheels and wheel pins all have a small amount of looseness, combined everything and you will get some play. You'll notice this further if you try a new berg setup versus an old abused one. You will often notice the rear has less slop then the front because it is running a straight shaft versus a CVD.

If your slop has decreased from your stock setup, you can rest assured its simply because of the tighter machine tolerances of our locker versus stock.

We've yet to have any reported issues of the lockers we've sold none the less, if you feel you have a problem please let me know and we'll get ya taken care off.

Last edited:
"thumbsup" These lockers Rule. Beat the hell out of them in AZ high traction rock and no issues!!!!!"thumbsup"

"thumbsup" These lockers Rule. Beat the hell out of them in AZ high traction rock and no issues!!!!!"thumbsup"

X2 except mine were in my super berg! I broke a gear in my rear axle during practice on Friday but the locker is still nice and tight. :shock: Very impressed with the abuse they are holding up to! "thumbsup"

To check a true slop issue with our lockers you'll need to take the cases apart and install the axle shaft by hand into the locker itself. It will be a snug fit with no slop I promise.

The CVD's, hexes, wheels and wheel pins all have a small amount of looseness, combined everything and you will get some play. You'll notice this further if you try a new berg setup versus an old abused one. You will often notice the rear has less slop then the front because it is running a straight shaft versus a CVD.

If your slop has decreased from your stock setup, you can rest assured its simply because of the tighter machine tolerances of our locker versus stock.

We've yet to have any reported issues of the lockers we've sold none the less, if you feel you have a problem please let me know and we'll get ya taken care off.

X2
And you can check my video's also and see there is no play or slop "thumbsup"

im as hard as u can be on my berg and had no problems at all. keep up the great work guys thanks"thumbsup"

I just pulled my axles apart after getting back from the Copperstate Crawloff. I thought I had spun the front locker (still using the first gen. 6061 lockers), well it wasn't the locker, the third gear pin had sheared on both sides in the front axle and I had a sheared hex pin in the rear. Lockers are still holding up just fine."thumbsup"

I've got 6 more sets in stock and a new order has been made with the machinist. Get em fast!

If you don't have these in your rig your missing out. Top notch product!!!! It's a must have.

thanks rcbro but im still having prob with ordering when i go to confrim my order it brings me back to whats in my basket were am i going wrong

Replaced my lockers with the 7075. Excellent fit and finish. A must have for your drivetrain. Next, lighten 2nd and 3rd gears."thumbsup"

Thanks RcBros.
Neil

Here is prove these lockers are strong. I am in the hotel the nite before Midwest, playing in the hall with my truck. When I say playing I mean full throttle down the hall slam it in reverse and flip the truck back over under its own power then do it again. Well after a few times the front stopped pulling. The 3rd gear broke along with the gear on the locker. The locker did not even have a nick or anything. Switched the gears out and comped the next day. Took 2nd place.
Great product.

Thanks for the review! I've been running my original 7075 lockers since I pulled the first test batch from the machinist. Put about 80 packs through the rig and still no signs of wear.

Back