• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

RcBros 7075 aluminum lockers review!

Thanks for the support everyone. It's nice to finally start getting back into the hobby!

Thanks for the support everyone. It's nice to finally start getting back into the hobby!

R these made out of the same material as last batch. Just wondering all four that I bought would either strip out or come loose after a few packs

R these made out of the same material as last batch. Just wondering all four that I bought would either strip out or come loose after a few packs

Yes 7075. If you have issues and still have the part please contact us. They do hold a warranty.

It cannot be stressed enough, the hardware used needs to be cleaned of debris and lock tite must be used to ensure the screws will not back out. If not properly maintained or installed the screws can and will back out over time, causing the threaded holes to wallow out, which then strips when trying to re-tighten. With only a few threads able to hold the hardware it doesn't take much once this wallowing occurs.

The last set I got from ya have held since January of this year. I just made sure the locker and gear were degreased. Then I used red locktite and waited a couple days before I reinstalled them"thumbsup" Thanks for the return of a great product. I have also checked them a few times and they were as tight as can be.

Later,
Farmer

Yes 7075. It cannot be stressed enough, the hardware used needs to be cleaned of debris and lock tite must be used to ensure the screws will not back out. If not properly maintained or installed the screws can and will back out over time, causing the threaded holes to wallow out, which then strips when trying to re-tighten. With only a few threads able to hold the hardware it doesn't take much once this wallowing occurs.

These suggestions will solve 99% of the problems. Only assemble perfectly clean parts. Use red 246 Loctite. Check them regularly and don't tighten them with a power driver, only gently by hand.

4 on order.

Cheers,

J

The pair in my super have been holding up to serious 4s abuse for a year and a half now! :shock:

Back