• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

RBX10, RYFT, Scale Rock Bouncer

Ah, I missed the part about you putting in a center locker.

I still think anything less then 1 million weight oil is going to unload really easy when doing any slow speed.

I packed my front and rear diffs with 20million wt diff oil... Putty? I still unload the front or rear diffs when bound up.

i just cancelled my Ryft order with Amain. Turns out horizon has them in stock. and if you are a member they were offering 12,000 club points!

i just cancelled my Ryft order with Amain. Turns out horizon has them in stock. and if you are a member they were offering 12,000 club points!
Personally, I don't mind waiting. Amain has always "done right by me". Yes, HH also does right...but, between the two, I give more loyalty to Amain.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place

Got my tracking number from Amain.

So I bashed the snot of my rtr yesterday...
I ended up breaking my servo saver, and bending my steering link after running into a tree... Lol

Axle is in good condition still, og on 3s

i received my Ryft kit today. looks like it shipped with the old axle housing design. one of the diffs didn’t go together smoothly due to what looked like a plated over burr on the internal diff pins/axles. also one of the diffs seems REALLY tight with the pinion gear (only noticeable when i tighten on the diff cover) and almost binds. may need to shim it. i’m only up to the D bag at this point.

Last edited:
For those curious about wheels, I was able to get these Gear Head wheels to work by modifying the hubs slightly. Boiled off the stock tires and added some CI foams (so much better).

Also came up with a different trailing arm brace design. Sent a few sets out to some peeps on the Facebook Ryft group so they can thrash them and see how they hold up...

b6d489f25ec1518f9117280a966e7418.jpg

c5def9d2117ca497ff9ca60f30e638d3.jpg

b2647098119eaf29e9ecbabcf848b725.jpg

9cf1b23447944e684ead36fc19d5e9a5.jpg

d8a98b9d214802b2906e033c741b5ef8.jpg

3fe68548524616d814899bdfc74e91a8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

While my Ryft Kit is on the FedEx truck ("out for delivery", right now), thought I'd share what arrived from Vitavon last night...some training links, steering knuckles, and front & rear axle...all machined from 7075 aluminum. And then, to top it off, I asked Arthur to anodize them this brilliant blue.
1b5cfb213bbf8539974735a1c64a6c3b.jpg

Lookie, lookie what the FedEx man (ok, FedEx woman) brought me. [emoji16] [emoji1687]
813553bf25945c30e3c15c77c84f264e.jpg
Gotta admit, the box is MUCH bigger (22.5" x 13.25" x 7.5") than I thought it would be. The Capra Kit box was approx 1/4 the bulk, and 1/3 the weight (or less).

Granted, I still have some other projects needing to be worked on first...mostly repairs related to three other vehicles...but, once they're finished, I'll get started on the Ryft Kit.

Last edited:
My kit should be here this week. I have a mmx esc/ 1415 2400kv combo and a power HD mini servo for two speed arriving today. It should be a torque monster!! I cannot wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok...got a few questions (mostly directed at those owning the RTR, but, for those who've already built the kit, you might also know the answers).

First, regarding the shocks, what is the extended & compressed lengths, front & rear? As some have noted in the stock shocks appear to be prone to leaking. In order to determine what the alternate options are, people will need to know what the stock shock lengths are.

Second, is the Losi LMT truly the "best" servo saver for the Ryft? I know it's not a 'clamping' style design...but, looking it over, I can't even see how/where it screws into the servo's spline. To be honest, I've been considering the MST NS High-Torque Servo Saver (MXS-820126) for the steering, and the XRAY Stiff Composite Servo Saver Set (XRA372502) for the 2-spd 'shift' servo.

Just came up with a third question. Does anyone know of available alternate (ex. splined steel) front & rear driveshaft options?

Looks like my kit also came with the original version axle housings. I'm going to run them and see if they break. Still trying to decide on a servo. I'm going to try out the running gear from my old Yeti trophy truck and see if it works acceptable.

Back