• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Racer`s Y-Town Lightweight-SuperXr

Re: Racer`s Y-Town Lightweight-Superberg

Those chassis doublers are very nice. Did you make them?

Yes i make them, i cut them from my old Superjucie Chassie. this are really expensive doublers:mrgreen:

Do some work on my Weights Today :

They can take 11oz of weights on each side. will try to start with 5-7oz per side

7583682268_2706f2d59a_c.jpg

7583683062_66c7612cc5_c.jpg

7583684000_6ba39b9d77_c.jpg

Last edited:

Looking good Manu. You are just ahead of me on the super builds. I am hoping not to use more than 4 to 5 ounces per knuckle weight with the lighter truck but time will tell.

Looking good Manu. You are just ahead of me on the super builds. I am hoping not to use more than 4 to 5 ounces per knuckle weight with the lighter truck but time will tell.

I hope the same but weighted with 5 oz i`m at 6.5 Lb RTR with my blast so i hope i can loose some more weight.

Is all of that weight hanging off of a Tomy knuckle weight mount?

Thats awsome! Great innovation man!!"thumbsup"

Today i finish my suspensions.

big thanks to Dave ( Diamond D) for his Inputs. now it should look similar to his Rig.

Here some Pictures:

Ride high : ( 4" under skid)

7598803354_efb19d9447_c.jpg

Suspension Travel :

7598803980_7414b77a56_c.jpg

Max Steering on all corners:

7598801846_ae94fe9b18_c.jpg

Now all my parts are on the way.
in a Few days she will have her first Rollout.

And for sure i will bring a Movie back home.:mrgreen:

Last edited:

She is looking good. My super will be very simaler with the exception of the axle shafts. I like how you mounted the blast wheels, to narrow up the track width correct? How much castor are you running in the front?

big thanks to Dave ( Diamond D) for his Inputs. now it should look similar to his Rig.

No prob. Its looking real nice. Do you have more pics of the front end? I wanna see how the shocks came together.

Man! You better try and get some more steering! I dont think thats enough:ror:

She is looking good. My super will be very simaler with the exception of the axle shafts. I like how you mounted the blast wheels, to narrow up the track width correct? How much castor are you running in the front?

Correct thit is for a narrower Track Wide, but notice my axles are a lot wider than a normal Berg. tubes are about 0.45" wider per side.

Here anoter Caster Pic will have some more infos when i get back home.

7598802476_a498958aac_c.jpg

No prob. Its looking real nice. Do you have more pics of the front end? I wanna see how the shocks came together.

Thanks, the only issues i got, is the Upper links crash into my Chassie before the Shocks are compressed completely so i have to limit them alittel bit more in the front.

Will have some pics latter

Man! You better try and get some more steering! I dont think thats enough:ror:

I think its ok:mrgreen: it looks like i get around 45° steering

Re: Racer`s Y-Town Lightweight-SuperXR

Cause i have no Shafts and the French Nats are in 7 Days i have to go another way. here my solution:

7617547438_76fe31ed01_c.jpg

All i can tell, the Links are working fine :mrgreen: and the locations for my shocks looks even better:twisted:

Last edited:
It getting closer to French Nats.

And today i get some Rims:twisted:

7638054698_c57960e05b_c.jpg

Weight is around 1.4 oz and with tire 7.5oz:mrgreen:

Will have some pics later

that was incredibly fast:shock:

Thanks Jeremy this was really fast "thumbsup".

Looks like i will hit 6.5 LB with 5oz Thungsten per Knuckle :shock:
With all the heavy stuff on the Axles and a lot of Alu parts , standard HHK motors and 2 BRXLs .

There is room for much more savings

Back