• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Project TAZ C0/1/2 capable rig

Sorry if I missed it, what size gears are you running with that spacing. And for the slide on link mounts, I do I go about getting them printed?

Ernie
Ill get the stl file to you asap. The stl file can be used for any printer.

Im using 48p gears.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Left or right? What bumper to stop the.. Uh potential rear end damage...
aef69759363cccf97b85b4572bfa444d.jpg

First t case proto with gears inside.

Couple things.. I forgot how tight of a tolerance shapeways is capable of. bearings are a tight fit. should be no shaft play side to side at all. unless a bearing fails.

And i forgot how strong it was. Few modifications to shave material off the outside of the cases. And i think the middle t case might get a few tabs attatched to it.

I might eliminate the gru from great planes completely.

f94e28c595813d513090f7145dc40cdb.jpg

Last edited:
The tcase looks great!

just a prototype. the next 3 you will see within the next few weeks are slimmed down. i need to get them printed so i can start making shafts. ive thought about ditching the cases entirely and just using plates. but the amount of work.. and for how cheap.. cant beat the 3d printed case.

New t cases on the bottom. Old example on top. Need to make 7 30mm long 5mm shafts. For brackets ill be using just some angle aluminum. After shaving some material off in tinker cad im able to now put a 3rd t case under the bed if i need to.

Going to be getting a 3 brothers rc 1900kv 6pole sensored motor to try out in this rig too.
b126c459dede4f69be06e10ee3ebf6a1.jpg

Awesome work with the 3D printing. I’m stuck in the Stone Age rubbing two sticks together making my transmission and transfer cases out of solid blocks of aluminum and a drill press lol. But doing the same thing you are basically. Wish I knew how to do drafting and run a computer. Keep up the good work!

Ben

Awesome work with the 3D printing. I’m stuck in the Stone Age rubbing two sticks together making my transmission and transfer cases out of solid blocks of aluminum and a drill press lol. But doing the same thing you are basically. Wish I knew how to do drafting and run a computer. Keep up the good work!

Ben
Give tinker cad a try. Its what i use.

This is kinda how i want to lay the t cases out in the rig... Well i hate it. Because now i lose my front upper link tuning option.

This SUCKS! But wait... Do i really need a upper link with all these trackbar with panhard front end builds???... Looks like i need to redesign my front lower link mounts.

Or i could just leaf it..
4ba0646f6cb884f979c63aba780e8b6b.jpg

f926787f7a96281c719a3f06a69b9fdc.jpg

Just throw a radius arm on one side (I've always put the radius arm on the side closest to the diff which helps keep the u-joint pointed at the t-case better than when mounted on the opposite side) and a straight link on the other side. Sure you'll lose tune-ability vs 3 or 4 link, but if you start out with a bit more castor than ideal, and keep the arm/link as long and flat as possible, you probably won't miss it. It will still articulate smoothly (unlike radius arms on both sides) and you'll still maintain consistent suspension cycling and axle location/wrap control (unlike leaf springs.) Obviously you'll still need the trac bar, but it sure is easier to package when you've only got 2 mounting points at the skid.

Im going to try my best to avoid the radius arm method or going leafed. Im going to try and move the front upper link around.

I need to the the motor and t case mounted first though.

Oh my. Now that is interesting.

It took me a little bit to figure out the idea but I see it. So cool. Reminds me of an old machine or truck with all the mechanical goodness without wires everywhere

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ive got some key stock to cut and tap for the rear most case to brace. Gotta tear down the axles next week for tlr 22 series shafts to go on the pinion gears.

Very nice. What are you using for your case material and how are you drilling the shaft holes to get good gear mesh? Are they 3D printed or using a drill press? Thanks.

Ben

3d printed cases. Took very precise measurements.

Ok that’s what I figured. Still have cases to make for mine but going with very precise eyeball measurements and Bridgeport.

Ben
Line the gears up on a flat granit surface. Then find center to center after you squeeze them together with a reciept inbetween them.

My firat prints from shapeways fit really well. They only took me about 10 minutes to design each case.

Back