• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

NK's V1 Bomber Build

Washed it up and plugged a battery in to dry the tires some

Was having all kinds of glitching, and the Mamba X was giving me a receiver error beep

I opened the receiver box expecting water but it was bone dry

Suspicion lead me to the on/off switch with the broken rubber boot, cut it off and wired the leads together and it works flawlessly again
9296aa524872be786dacf96824292c65.jpg
4779d2dd5bd0ac50c4c81af0fd767d9f.jpg

No race today just playing around with a Lasernut on the track

So far I've seen 2 lazernuts run out there, and both were broken rather quickly

I can't say I was off better, I lost a barrel nut about 2 packs in

New foams are MUCH better, other than bad landings I'm rolling much less
0f0ad6e196583f4d2e0b4ed5d4cffa47.jpg
eed045bbacf005bfe331b8cd2747f1ba.jpg
Do you use blue Loctite when you put the barrel nuts on?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Yeah that may cause some issues

Factory axial ring gear is completely wallered out

Explains the rubbing on the lockouts
92a10bab115d5163d2f9bb207d666152.jpg

DAAAAAAANG! What will you replace it with? Stock?

Probably the HD gear set, factory ratio

I have an overdrive HD set already, but it's half the mesh of the standard and underdrive gears

Probably the HD gear set, factory ratio

I have an overdrive HD set already, but it's half the mesh of the standard and underdrive gears
I'm guessing since you drive your truck in a U4 environment that you don't run overdrive or under drive gears?

I'm guessing since you drive your truck in a U4 environment that you don't run overdrive or under drive gears?

I have actually ran OD/stock (locked front and rear) for awhile, it just rolled too often

Then I ran OD/stock open front/locked rear and hated it

Only combo I havent tried is OD/stock with a locked front and open rear

I have actually ran OD/stock (locked front and rear) for awhile, it just rolled too often

Then I ran OD/stock open front/locked rear and hated it

Only combo I havent tried is OD/stock with a locked front and open rear
What about both front and rear open? Does OD at speed affect the the truck in a negative way?

What about both front and rear open? Does OD at speed affect the the truck in a negative way?

Some guys run open/open out there but they are strictly racing with their rigs, and even then most prefer open/locked

No issues with speed, the track is so slick it never gets a chance to bind

New bearings through the rear

I also am going to try open/open.

But it's Lucas red/tacky up front and #100,000 diff grease in the rear

HD gear set, factory ratio front and rear

I still need to rebuild the front but I'll wait for the snowballs to show up

NO stainless beef tubes in the rear, going to see how it fares. An axle housing is 12$ vs dealing with the filed axle flanges

15mm hot racing extensions instead of 20mm
4f7f73d4b3f360542027c468e86dd94a.jpg

Come to think of it, yes it does.

While I was running locked front and rear with OD/stock gearing; it would wander across gravel while at top speed

Almost like the servo wasn't centering, but It was back/forth as I would run a high speed straight

I'm assuming this was the front/rear slipping differently on the gravel, causing it to float off course

I was thinking about adding OD gears or perhaps UD gears to the rear on my wroncho, but it may see a little speed, so I'm unsure. I'll drive it with the stock gears in it to see how it does and then add either OD or UD to it later on down the road.

I was thinking about adding OD gears or perhaps UD gears to the rear on my wroncho, but it may see a little speed, so I'm unsure. I'll drive it with the stock gears in it to see how it does and then add either OD or UD to it later on down the road.

Try the UD in the rear first

If it matches the ar60 the ratio is less, but it's also easer to get into the rear axle without the steering system in the way, my .02

Got to run today, less than a battery pack tho

Lower shock mount came unscrewed from the front axle. Time to look for something decent

As far as the open diffs, when it starts to roll in a corner; both inner tires diff out. Long enough that it gives me time to correct it by turning 180. Thinking about some 500,000# in the rear, the tires dont free spin with the 100,000 but it's pretty easy to break a tire free by hand

Not sure if the rolling save is a good thing, seems like a lot of wear with all that power transfer

I wonder how locked front/open rear might be, would definitely cause some stress on drivetrain and steering servo but it may be more predictable leaving turns?
ffb194373d54cdb9d7c1314654156867.jpg
6926c5fcb113c2859af4ee20b8667398.jpg
bdfdf7f20a1d52ef4f210428f0b3b22d.jpg
bd2c87f7fd69941894c783ad033d9591.jpg

Back