• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New Vanquish VRD Carbon

First hearing about this. It's like what the SCX10 Pro is to the SCX line, just Vanquish' line. Pretty cool.

Looks like I will be taking a pass on the Redcat :ror:

Yeah, I caved and ordered one. Looks really good! It's been in testing for a couple years according to VP, so it should be great out of the box.

Looking forward to this new build. I did watch both the Vanquish and Harley vids of this new rig and I'm liking what I see. I like that this comes with the well equipped VFD transmission like what came with the PRO, but this has the lighter motor plate and light weight machined gears. The S8E shocks comes with the hard anodized bodies too.

I did hear Jim say that this is a work in progress and changes may be made in the future to make it even better. And they hinted that other changes may be made in the coming batches to be released.

I REALLY like this kit. I just wish they had released two versions - one with portal axles, and another with straight axles.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

I like the lightweight VFD transmission and the chassis layout. Clean and simple with good electronic mounting locations. I currently have 2 F10 portal comp builds in the works so I am not really in the market. If they'd come out with that a couple months ago, I'd have been all over it.

Maybe I can sell the SCX10 II that I built for my son and get him one of these instead. That way we have fewer platforms to deal with. :ror:

Yeah, right. :roll:

Nice kit though....actually "performance" certainly a good choice đź‘Ť

The chassis is the only major new thing on it that would be obvious at a tech inspection. With so many chassis available, it could still be pretty inconspicuous. How many comps did Wyatt do with the SCX10 Pro without anyone really knowing what it was?

Great release from vp. Lots of value packed into this kit.

I think I’ll definitely need to get one built up for next summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it quite a bit. The servo on axle is an interesting option, and seeing that, I wondered what this would look like as a 2.2" setup. Would it be too narrow?

That said, I think VP is really pulling away from their competition in the market. Superb quality and fairly reasonable pricing. I still have my eye on the Fordyce at the moment.

Well I caved big time and pre ordered one from amain… I’m a weak weak man

Nice! I too am weak![emoji30]
Dammit VP![emoji1787]

:ror:

I will definitely be picking one up when they arrive at my local shop. It really is a beautiful setup. The attention to detail is apparent.

Ok, so here is my question / thought:

1. Could we start with the VRD, and then fit the body, bumpers, and sliders to make a Fordyce VRD?

2. Changing the spur is pretty straight forward.

3. Maybe custom body mounts needed.

You know, VP’s online cart holds more than one item.[emoji848] Fordyce and VRD would make a nice pair![emoji28]

That’s some real wisdom right there

Ok, so here is my question / thought:

1. Could we start with the VRD, and then fit the body, bumpers, and sliders to make a Fordyce VRD?

2. Changing the spur is pretty straight forward.

3. Maybe custom body mounts needed.

On the VP live stream yesterday that question was asked. Josh roughly placed a fordyce body on top and it looks pretty good. Definitely will take some custom mounting, but shouldn’t be too difficult.

b5ae828d5230a6c206d8bc424266d2da.jpg

I hate you both. Worse case scenario, we will design in-house on solidworks and fire up the fancy 3D printers at work. I'll get it ordered.

s

Back