• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Natedog's Vaterra ASCENDER

Yes they are.
K10 wb2 is about 100mm eye to eye.
Blazer wb4 about front lower links about 110mm eye to eye

Last edited:
Yes they are.
K10 wb2 is about 100mm eye to eye.
Blazer wb4 about front lower links about 110mm eye to eye

There's the issue.. thanks Nate! Now to figure out how to move the body mounts forward or rectify this issue in some manner.

TLR let us know.

Is that the clear lens or the housing OD?
Housing OD. If you need any other specs on it, let me know and I'll get them to you ASAP. Today is my short day at work so I'll be home by 3 for you west coast guys.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks, but could you measure the lens OD? :mrgreen:
17.1-ish mm[emoji106]
b81cb4b3caf16e21cce9e1dcdadbc816.jpg

Hey no problem. Happy to help man! I appreciate and thank you for everything you contribute on here. Seriously. The knowledge I've gained from you guys is immense. I wish I could look you and Ernie in the eyes and shake your hands when I say this, but thank you.

Thanks, means a lot and I always try to provide positive answers to problems. This section has lots of helpful peeps, maybe we'll see each other at a comp or gtg one day. "thumbsup"

Nate quick question for you. I've made it thru 30 pages of your build so far but didn't see this posted, if it is answered later sorry. In your posts you keep saying that you've been able to lower the body post from stock, so how many holes are out of the body post holder ? Give the rest of us something to shoot for.

Blazer front body posts have 6.5 holes showing. Rear has 10.5 holes showing above shock tower. :)
K10 front mounts are bottomed in the shock tower (4.5 holes showing above shock tower). Rear cage is setting on frame rails.

Last edited:
Thanks Nate. My front is at 7.5 and I'm at 9.5 in the rear. Haven't actually driven it with the body yet just flexing by hand to see what rubs.

17.1-ish mm[emoji106]

They are the same lens, thanks!

My front is at 7.5 and I'm at 9.5 in the rear. Haven't actually driven it with the body yet just flexing by hand to see what rubs.

You're welcome! Dropped my Blazer rear one more to 9.5 holes, I like it!

Break time, beautiful day!

K10 rear shocks stood up again without moving towers or frame rails settings! Using old Blazer body mount. Shaved the tower rib little and used VP black anodized servo clamp from the parts bin as braces (probably not needed) and spacers so that preload adjuster clears tower. Flipped the upper screws around after the picture so that nuts are out to make quicker spring and shock changes. 8)

Last edited:
Cool, those Axial headlight buckets with lenses should be here soon so that I can get some scale lights in the K10!

Been working on several other things including cleaning up the chassis down low, rails are smoother now battery tray pivots and RULRs inside the frame rails. Working on RULRs made with 0.055" thick steel inside the frame rails and with some different adjustment holes too. "thumbsup"

Rear link geometry testing. Dang 'ol big red Va'Blazer just goes everywhere. K10 made it up too. Little cage trimming. ;-)

:)

Last edited:
Back