• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Natedog's Vaterra ASCENDER

I've been thinking about turning my servo for clearance on the tie-rod on the new truck. It catches just a little so I figure I'll give it a shot and see if it works.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That's a sometimes benefit I forgot to mention, the two mounting directions change clearances between servo, horn and links. Everybody's setup is different and it's a great tuning tool, can also change steering geometry without a longer or shorter servo horn. I like my servo on top of the mounts (instructions say below the mounts) and put longer draglink to top of steering knuckle.

Lunsford 4mm titanium link or steel link for tie-rod adds clearance around the links and horn, plus gets it a few millimeters higher up away from trail obstacles. :)

Last edited:
That first set is the same set from the SCX10 Deadbolt if I'm not mistaken...? If no one has an answer for you by 8:30/9:00 central time tonight I'll throw a caliper on mine and get you specs.

First set, not sure looks like SCX Deadbolt lights, but that manual only lists the parts separate, buckets, lenses, etc. on page 15 of the manual:
http://docs.axialracing.com/instructions/Kits/AX90044-i001_-_SCX10™_Deadbolt™_RTR.pdf

Bar with buckets and mounting braces listed as AX80085

Lenses AX80086

Grills AX80115

I'm looking at buckets and lenses, already used most of my SCX10 set and if I can get 5 buckets for only couple bucks more than 2, that's a win.

That'd be great thanks!

IIRC they are about 0.650" OD on the molded in 'headlights' in the K10 grill, measured them the other day lol. Therefore I'm looking for little larger OD than that on lighbuckets, the SCX10 two round large buckets are perfect as the lenses I have leftover for these are almost perfect same size as the molded in 'headlights' of K10. I only have lenses and grill covers left, the buckets I used up long time ago.

That's a nice pair of lights and bar with good price that works on 3S.

"thumbsup" 8)

I figured they'd be too big but still worth a peek. I need to get a couple of the XL light bars for my Blazers, probably a green for the Deadbolt and who knows where I'm gonna go with this Honcho I scooped up yesterday...

Might be, but worth checking.

Package from Ernie, still waiting for payment info, thanks buddy! 8)
What could this be for? :ror:

After a bunch of figuring, bracket cutting, sheet steel origami, and braindrain I've trashed all my front axle upper link bracket brace ideas, realized there's not enough room with panhard and steering. After looking at that and thinking about how it crawls, the rear axle brace flexed a lot more and is more important. I'll revisit this after my other more pressing mods are done!

Ascender'nMN84 did you get a chance to measure those light buckets?

Last edited:
Might be, but worth checking.

Package from Ernie, still waiting for payment info, thanks buddy! 8)
What could this be for? :ror:

If I could have got my hands on one of those in the first place I wouldn't even be fooling around with trying to build a flatbed for my k10! Lol

After a bunch of figuring, bracket cutting, sheet steel origami, and braindrain I've trashed all my front axle upper link bracket brace ideas, realized there's not enough room with panhard and steering. After looking at that and thinking about how it crawls, the rear axle brace flexed a lot more and is more important. I'll revisit this after my other more pressing mods are done!

Ascender'nMN84 did you get a chance to measure those light buckets?
Shouldn't the steering link be above the knuckle so the drag link and panhard are closer together and parallel?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hey Nate I got home from work last night and completely forgot. I'll run downstairs in a few and get those numbers for you.

Edit:

0.76" or 19.39 mm

Last edited:
If I could have got my hands on one of those in the first place I wouldn't even be fooling around with trying to build a flatbed for my k10! Lol

They are available. You're off to a great start, git r dun! :ror:"thumbsup"

Shouldn't the steering link be above the knuckle so the drag link and panhard are closer together and parallel

That's just a spare axle I built up. "thumbsup"

Hey Nate I got home from work last night and completely forgot. I'll run downstairs in a few and get those numbers for you.

Edit:

0.76" or 19.39 mm

Thanks! 8)"thumbsup"

Are the front body mounts or front bumper mounts different on the k10 than that of the blazer? I'm having a hard time getting a front bumper on in a manner that doesn't look retarded but also doesn't interfere with my front tires.

Front bumper and body mounts are same for Blazer, Bronco, K10, kit or RTR. I removed all spacers and cut about 1/4" off both front K10 mounts. What bumper are you trying to fit?

Rc4wd and also seem to have the same issue with my stock bumper. May have to reinstall the stock shock limiters on my front shocks again. Although now that I'm typing this I may have an idea. The rc4wd is almost 1/2" narrower than my stock one and doesn't hang down as far either.

Back