• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Natedog's Vaterra ASCENDER

Looking good guys. Look forward to seeing how that works out.

Cody, are you thinking about selling these going forward if testing proves out?

I just thought I would follow up on your question. Nate and I talked a little about what direction I should go with this and even though I don't want to be tied down with a time consuming business building these I see a small need here for helping out some of you with a "service" so to keep it on the up and up I bought a venders star. For me it is part of passing it forward. "thumbsup"
Ernie,

Last edited:
Ernie, Good talking with you again and congrats on your vendor's star, looking forward to more of your nice products! "thumbsup"

These tires worked just ok on my Vaterra Ascender in dirt, sand and granite.

I like the look.

Tires, mounted or tires with foams not mounted:
http://www.duratrax.com/tires/crawler.html

Mounted easily on SSD D-Hole beadlocks:

Next to Vaterra 1.9 TSLs on RC4WD Wagon Wheel beadlocks:

Ran them on my Blazer, Wrascenderaith may have to get new wheels and tires. :) "thumbsup"

Last edited:
Looking good Nate, if you said it, missed it, what foam are you running in that tire?"thumbsup"
Where is that crawl site?
Ernie,

Thanks, it's CI DW for Proline TSLXL, crawling at Folsom Lake. Not settled on foam yet though, haven't tried stock because they felt too soft. Installed Ofna 1/8th scale orange outers with stock foam as inners but didn't mount them. Think I try that next.

Last edited:
Thanks, I wasn't sure at first, but then once they were mounted, I like them! Careful mounting the tires, if you pull hard on the white letter side they will start to lift off. :)

What's pita not damaging the letters or? They mounted pretty easily on SSD wheels. Each pack of two tires comes with a left and right so you can mount black wall or white letters out. :)

Thanks, they are considerably softer, pulled some good lines and the beads are perfect! Never had an easier tire to mount and I have not washed, simple green or anything, just mounted and go.

After some extended crawling with these tires, they work just ok. The tire carcass is so thin and soft that they suffer from lugs folding over like the Ottsix KLRs, even DW foams can't save them from lugs that fold over and slip on extreme climbs. The rubber is very soft, but it doesn't get good and sticky even after lots of hard running, tire spinning on granite etc. I took them off my truck and set them aside for now. Mounting up a set of Vaterra TSLs with new foams.

Last edited:
Might add that I bound them up hard until the motor stalled and the beads held tight!

Last edited:
hi nate,
I need a small favor. would you measure and tell me how high is the tranny output shaft
above the input shaft of the differential? also how wide is the skid plate (frame side to other frame side)

I got tranny, 2 complete axles, drive shafts, servo mounts, and am working on links and frame.
made a quick skid plate to mount the tranny but that might have to be redone. am trying to determine
link lengths.
thanks

Back