• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Mendo Crawlers GTGs

That was a great vintage Rc that you got lucky and found at a yard sell. Any ideas on paint color and what scale chassis your going to use. There will be alot of jealous people out there when your done with it. Keep the forum posted on your build."thumbsup"

It's hard to beat $2 for a vintage Tamiya Subaru Brat and Futaba radio!

I'm not sure if I'm going to use the chassis or not. I may just use the hard body for a SCX10 or CC-01 build (I already have both chassis). Decisions, decisions... :mrgreen:

For anyone not there, here is a pic of my find:
Brat-as-bought.JPG

-Jim

I'm totally envious of your Subaru Brat!

I'll give you $10 for the Body you can keep the rest! LOL....... No, really..... :)

We need to pick a day and go as a group to do some crawling under the 101 it would be fun."thumbsup"

Hey Fernando Let us know when you are going to head down here so we can meet up with you guys. Post up in the Sonoma county thread.

Cool GTG

Guess what I made it to the lake before everyone for the very first time. Just keep me in the loop guys, and I'll make it.:) It was good to meet up with " Bikerdobber ", and finally put a face with the name. Hey what happen to Redking. It just wasn't the same without you bro. For all you Lake County guys maybe you guys will make it to the next GTG. Had a great time just hanging out with the guys."thumbsup"

wed night fun

Yep, July 18 is still the date. I'll post details in the next few days.
-Jim
hey jim .you know i am in for that.donner was a blast.29:| but haythats the way it gos.saw the guys from rosa.they always do good"thumbsup"wed gtg is good to go .lets just meet at the talmage store 700. ill will show you guys how to get there."thumbsup"

Wed. GTG - NEW LOCATION

hey jim .you know i am in for that.donner was a blast.29:| but haythats the way it gos.saw the guys from rosa.they always do good"thumbsup"wed gtg is good to go .lets just meet at the talmage store 700. ill will show you guys how to get there."thumbsup"

Hi Everyone,

GTG is going to be at a new location on Wed. 7/1. Greg (bikerdobber) has a place off Talmage in Ukiah. Everyone is to meet Greg at 7:00pm at the Talmage store (at the end of Talmage, on the corner of Talmage and Old River Rd). Here's a map: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=39.133256,-123.166448&spn=0.003279,0.00486&t=h&z=18

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it. :( I forgot last week that it was already so close to the 4th. We're going out of town and leaving Wed. night.

I hope everyone has fun. Maybe someone can take and post a few pics of the new place.

-Jim

Last edited:
Hey guys! Any info on your next comp? I'd like to start spreading the word about it.

It's awesome you're finding new spots to crawl!

Hope to see some of you down here on the 12th for our comp. "thumbsup"

Hey guys! Any info on your next comp? I'd like to start spreading the word about it.

It's awesome you're finding new spots to crawl!

Hope to see some of you down here on the 12th for our comp. "thumbsup"

I don't know if the location is set in stone yet but Jim was looking into getting the use permit for Lake Mendo. Lots of good crawling rocks and if it stays 100+ here you can jump in the lake afterwards to cool down"thumbsup"

Hoping to make it to your comp. Already have a golf tourney on the 11th so I'm gonna have to do some major wife butt kissing to get the 12th also. I'm assuming the shop isn't open on Sunday? I still need to make a trip down there to check out your store.

crawling tonight concrete

8) hey everybody .
tonights crawling is a go . the map is good that jim put up. ill be at the store @ 7:00 to meet people. if your a little late ill be back to check on you . and ill mark the road with yellow markers.from the store out sanford ranch rd right on mclure left on bartolomie rd follow flags "thumbsup" rock@dontroll .

Thanks for having us out there!! It's a truly great place to crawl. So many different lines you could be there all day and still not hit them all. A great place to practice as it has a little bit of everything...Sidehills, gaps, bridges, vertical climbs, long descents, drag brake testers...just an all around good place to crawl.

Where to GTG tomorrow night?

Hey guys,

Would you rather GTG at the Lake or at the concrete out Talmage? Greg & Rory B., would it be okay for us to have our GTG at the concrete again?

-Jim

'crete crawlin

thanks for havin us out at the crete crawl spot. as usual i was unprepared and ran low on my batts. got some great pics of the place though. i'll post up the pics soon. thanks for the reminder jim.:mrgreen:"thumbsup"

Just wanted to know

Will any of you guys be going to Jake's Rock Crawling Comp on Sunday July 12th. I Know I'm going, but it would be great to see other Mendo Crawler guys there. I will need to meet up with somebody if you guys go to the same crawl spot as last week this wednesday, because I never made it to see where it is located at. See Ya later guys."thumbsup"

Back