• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

List of bodies that fit the Yeti

Jeep body arrived today. It's not as weird/ugly as the pics make it seem. Just looking at the molded body lines, you can definitely see that someone at ProLine was anticipating us chopping it to bits! The roof section has a good, deep, crisp line around it, so it could easily be used as a solo piece. Same goes for the rear cage portion, and windshield lines...both easily removed without too much fuss.

Cutting & slicing have begun, so I'll post up a few pics when it's finished.

i like the pro-line ford F150.While i was checking the pro-line web i found this ford raptor F150 same one for the Yeti but different paint scheme ...
Was this built on here Rccrawler..... i like to see how it was done
Check out the front end and the sides middle of chassis looks interesting....
Is it a Yeti ?

3454-00-9.jpg

3454-00-8.jpg
Check out the AR60 front end on a Yeti...Very interesting....

It was put together by a guy from a magazine (RC Car Action) and he was saying that Axial should make something like that.

Here's a few quick pics of the painted Jeep body. I did a large bit of cutting, and removed 99% of the "cage" area. When the body was initially cut out, I did a quick test fit. The rear roof & light bar is so tightly molded, it basically snaps onto the Yeti's rear light bar like a glove! I decided to leave a small portion of the "C" pillar and the light bar molding intact, to act as a bit more structural bracing for the shell & protection for the rear lights.

It's still a work in progress, with the end goal leaning heavy towards G6 use.

Attachments

• DSCF5294.jpg
    DSCF5294.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 4,007
  • DSCF5295.jpg
    DSCF5295.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 6,369
  • DSCF5296.jpg
    DSCF5296.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 4,053
That looks much better with the rear cut out. Slightly off topic, but where did you get the koh lenses on the rear? I've only seen axial clear and yellow sets.

That looks much better with the rear cut out. Slightly off topic, but where did you get the koh lenses on the rear? I've only seen axial clear and yellow sets.

I painted the inner buckets with Testors Chrome Silver, then the both front & back sides of the clear lenses with Tamiya translucent bule & red, accordingly.

Last edited:

I did my lenses the ghetto way, but hey....it works. Used the yellows in the center and colored the inside of one with a blue sharpie. Then took two clears for the outters and colored the insides with red sharpie. Maybe not quite as good as using the Testors paint, but it worked! Lost the left outter lense on my last good rollover, though, so I need to pick up another set.

And TurboDan......I'm not a big fan of the Jeep Yeti body, but you did a bang up job on it, man! Much better than the one ProLine did.

And TurboDan......I'm not a big fan of the Jeep Yeti body, but you did a bang up job on it, man! Much better than the one ProLine did.

Thanks! I think with the right tire profile, it will help bring out the Jeep aspects of the body a bit better. The stock BFGs are just a bit too balloon like, IMO. But at the end of the day, we are really just playing with toy trucks, so as long as we're smiling, who cares!

Turbodan, is it possible to use that jeep body on a g6 scx? Can you measure the wheelbase? and better yet if you have a G6 jeep could you place that shell over it?

Back