• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

List of bodies that fit the Yeti

I agree like the jeep more than the raptor. Once we get more pics I will know for sure which I'll get. Was hoping the raptor would look more like the new 2015 raptor...

I'm not a huge fan of either for the Yeti, as they don't really seem to match the whole style of the Yeti. Of the two, though, the Raptor would be my pick, as I just don't like the way the Jeep body looks. It has wide fenders and arches, which a Jeep really doesn't have. Looks like they took a typical truck and tried to slap a 7-slot grill on it. Just doesn't work for me.

Last edited:
The fenders look exactly like the stock fenders IF you do the 'flat fender mod' that is essentially cutting the lower two inches of the outside off so that you can run 35" tires with a stock suspension or run 37" tires with a 2.5" lift.

If I could figure out how to post a picture on this forum (need to research that:roll:) I could show you my '09 Rubi.

I will be getting one of those bodies and paint it to match my full size JK, just as a show body.

The fenders look exactly like the stock fenders IF you do the 'flat fender mod' that is essentially cutting the lower two inches of the outside off so that you can run 35" tires with a stock suspension or run 37" tires with a 2.5" lift.

If I could figure out how to post a picture on this forum (need to research that:roll:) I could show you my '09 Rubi.

I will be getting one of those bodies and paint it to match my full size JK, just as a show body.

My apologizes if you were referring to the new Jeep body from Proline. Then yes I agree, nothing like a Jeep.

You mean like this 2011 Unlimited Rubicon on 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod and 37x12.50-17's? :mrgreen:

20302007689_768ef12915_b.jpg

16512573804_f209b8f9b7_b.jpg

17133432252_28d3c4921c_b.jpg

Yeah....that new Pro-Line Jeep body specificaly for the Yeti that was posted near the end of Pg. 3 is the one we're talking about. Sorry....but dooesn't look anything like a Jeep to me. Not even a Commanche. :|

You think that loos like tube fenders? :lmao: No it looks like they took the fender line of the stock yeti and put a jeep grill on the front.

EDIT: saw your second comment....yes the new proline yeti specific body.

You think that loos like tube fenders? :lmao: No it looks like they took the fender line of the stock yeti and put a jeep grill on the front.

Actually, it does sort of look like Nemesis flares, but I think 8000ft means the stock flares that have been cut into flats. I had mine like that until last year, but no pics I can get to at the moment to show.

EDIT: saw your second comment....yes the new proline yeti specific body.

See comments above.

the scaler world is over saturated with jeeps (heeps as i call them) and im sick of it! jeep here, jeep there, jeeps every where! ahhh! wheres my chevy! i need more chevy! (i'll settle for ford!) :ror:

As much of a Jeep guy as I've become over the past few years, I'll agree with you. It's Jeeps and Yotas. Someone needs to form up an International Scout or a Wagoneer....something old school that you don't see every day.

But.....simple fact is today there isn't a more formiddable off-road vehicle out there because no other manufacturer makes a mid-sized SUV with solid axles. Granted (and I can't believe I'm saying this) the Toyota FJ is a pretty good contender.

Funny but in Moab I ran into a pack of LR3 Land Rovers on Hell's Revenge. They all did quite well but man they stopped at every ledge or breakover and had a spotter guide them thru.

An old Land Rover Defender would be cool.

The Proline EB bronco fits 2...it's gonna need to be persuaded tho..hehehe
b821b623f7a764c686274693bced6168.jpg

552ed0efcac3b104fc96d978ae86e7c5.jpg

9a38bb64d5b492ded87bc57e8616bce8.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

They are both a flop after seeing them....the Jeep is close though. Just ditch those front fender lines...

Actually it's not the fender line that bothers me, it makes sense due to the suspension travel BUT the grill......what's up with squishing the head lights into the iconic 7 slot grill openings??????? TOTAL F UP. Just my opinion as a Jeep owner. I will get the other JK body and make it fit.

Back