• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

List of bodies that fit the Yeti

Didn't notice that before but I've seen it done on 1:! ultra4 buggys. The fenders really ruin it for me.

i seen a good pic of the raptor body today. it has a molded in roll cage in the rear of the body. i dont get why you would have a fake cage like that when the yeti already has a real cage.

I don't like how they covered up most of the cage. I like the Yeti cage design. Should have only covered as much as the stock body does.

i seen a good pic of the raptor body today. it has a molded in roll cage in the rear of the body. i dont get why you would have a fake cage like that when the yeti already has a real cage.

It's not a molded cage just the design of the body I believe..
The body's are listed on proline's site now
Pro-Line 3454-00 Ford F-150 Raptor SVT Clear Body

I don't like how they covered up most of the cage. I like the Yeti cage design. Should have only covered as much as the stock body does.

I agree I was tossing around the idea of cutting the roof/back off the raptor and having it only cover as much as the stock body does just to try something different.

I was looking forward to getting both but the jeep body is kind of fugly imo. I'll definitely be getting the raptor body and probably cutting some of the back out.

Pros: The ProLine bodies add 2 more options for bodies.
Cons: They both look a little weird, squished, etc.

I went ahead and ordered the Jeep. After quite a bit of time looking at 1:1s for ideas, and both ProLines, I just couldn't get past the thought of the Ford looking too much like an old stadium truck kit.
3454-00-2.jpg

58482_3.jpg

At least, IMO, with the right profile tires, the Jeep could possibly get a bit closer to scale-ish. Yeah, I know it's not an exact scale replica, blah, blah, blah, but it's nice to have it a bit more realistic looking than the stadiums do.

i bought the baja and cut most of it away.

i have a pic of it painted if anyone is interested.

Well I pulled the trigger on the raptor body.. and the flat iron xl's. The 20 pictures or so of both the bodies really sold me on the tires. :ror:

UPS notification shows order from Proline went out today. Looks like Monday for delivery. I guess I'll see what can be done with the Jeep.

i bought the baja and cut most of it away.

i have a pic of it painted if anyone is interested.

Interested.

I like that class 5 look too.

Well I pulled the trigger on the raptor body.. and the flat iron xl's. The 20 pictures or so of both the bodies really sold me on the tires. :ror:

I got a yeti coming in the mail and I can't wait to put one of these bodies on it. I'm not a fan of the stock body, really. I got the flat irons coming though.

Good job proline.. molded in rear cage and fuel cell sticker on a vehicle that already has a nice looking scale fuel cell built in. this could have been done so much better. just looks cheap now that im looking at them closer. swing and a miss..

I'm by no means a Ford guy but I kinda like the Raptor body. I wish they didn't make their own cage/fuel cell into it but you could cut that off. I do not like the Jeep though. There are too many Jeep bodies out there in the scale rc world anyway, but that body doesn't really fit the Yeti IMO.

I'm not much or a Ford guy myself, but I too sort of dig the Raptor body. Even if it doesn't really look scale, I think I like it better than the Yeti shell. Need someone to pick one up and cut out the rear section to see how it looks and how well it holds up.

Back