• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Jimmy's build along buggy thread

Thanks for sharing the build process, I’d like to see other people join in as well

How cool is this???? 3/16” tube at what wall thickness? I find this to be exciting, because sounds like it has a few of you dabbing tube for the first time. Let it known that you just opened Pandora’s box, Josh has school in session. It will be great to see these rigs completed, but I look forward for custom builds to come from what you all glean. As for those welders, I have used a few different models, no complaints with their performance, good bang for the buck. Pics of progress por favor. (y)
. 035 wall tube. It's been really easy to work with. Josh made it as easy overall as possible with his design, templates, and jigs. I did a cage before but nothing this complex.

I'll get back to it once I finish this giac cert exam I'm studying for. Hopefully Whiz can share some pics of his as he makes progress.

Finished my exam so I was able to work on this finally. A little bending. A little notching.

rHTIdOr.jpeg

Now that I have time to mess with this, it's been too hot to put in many hours in the garage. Progress is slow, but still progress. I changed up a few things from the plan at the rear. I didn't like the lines of the bent rear tube on the belt line of the chassis, so I ditched it. Also split the b pillar instead of a single bent tube.

I was hoping to do the 2 chassis with a single fixture. Its getting to be a lot of tubes to fit twice in a single fixture so I'll print another and I can get both ready to weld.

LxiptdT.jpeg

NLsLsui.jpeg

Looks good man. I like the looks of that bender, think I’ll end up grabbing one before too long. I probably don’t have the patience for tube work, but I’d still like to try.

My bender parts came in from send cut send today so I got this assembled. This thing is pretty sweet.

01yLyV3.jpeg
Nice! My SendCutSend order will be here tomorrow. I'll be so glad to finally have the right bender. Know I just have to get the 3D printed parts printed.

Nice mods on the cage. Looks great!

Dammit.

I see this thread, there is some unused Vanquish F10s and a VRD twin sitting on my shelf, and now I'm looking at TIG welders.

The universe is going to make me build one of these.

How's it coming along Carey?
Not nearly as well as yours. I haven't had a chance to get over to Cole's place to start welding (brazing), so no progress. I've got 1 set of the send-cut-send parts, but I think I'll redraw the few parts I'll need for the second buggy and make those separately. Driveline for #2 is up in the air depending on who it an l ends up being for (Cole or Eric M). Either way, I won't need a lot of the scs parts for the 2nd buggy.

In other news, the next time to do get over to Cole's I'll be mounting tires on the jeep. Eventually I'll get moving on this again. Feel free to add some shots of yours.

Not nearly as well as yours. I haven't had a chance to get over to Cole's place to start welding (brazing), so no progress. I've got 1 set of the send-cut-send parts, but I think I'll redraw the few parts I'll need for the second buggy and make those separately. Driveline for #2 is up in the air depending on who it an l ends up being for (Cole or Eric M). Either way, I won't need a lot of the scs parts for the 2nd buggy.

In other news, the next time to do get over to Cole's I'll be mounting tires on the jeep. Eventually I'll get moving on this again. Feel free to add some shots of yours.
I need to figure out how to post pictures here again, it’s been a while. I made a lot of progress this weekend, just need the mt12 and 1 file from Josh to finish it up. Just posted in the FB group about it. Can’t wait to run it.

I’ve been sending pictures of mine along the way to Erik so maybe he will get on board with one.

43s this go round on the YJ?

Last edited:
I need to figure out how to post pictures here again, it’s been a while. I made a lot of progress this weekend, just need the mt12 and 1 file from Josh to finish it up. Just posted in the FB group about it. Can’t wait to run it.

I’ve been sending pictures of mine along the way to Erik so maybe he will get on board with one.

43s this go round on the YJ?
Yeah, Cole mentioned that Erik might want one of the ones I'm building. I just need some time to work on it.

Yep, 43s. I picked up a used set from one of my friends in FL. Should basically be free swap after I sell my 40s.

Back