• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Jimmy's build along buggy thread

Once I changed to .035 rod I had much better luck as well. Cool to see some more progress on these Carey, but I'm sure Hurricane Helene has slowed that down some. We are on day 5 of no power, I'd imagine pretty close to the same for you guys.

Once I changed to .035 rod I had much better luck as well. Cool to see some more progress on these Carey, but I'm sure Hurricane Helene has slowed that down some. We are on day 5 of no power, I'd imagine pretty close to the same for you guys.
Good deal on the filler. I'll get that ordered for the next round of welding.

Yep. Same story here. Projected to get power back on oct 5th so we'll see. Thankfully my house didn't have any major damage. Looking at a new roof and some fence work. So many around me have trees through houses and cars so I feel very lucky.

Thanks for sharing your progress in a thread. I look forward to see how it comes along.

The use of printed jigs to gage bends is an excellent method. It's very cool that Josh is putting these builds projects out for folks to enjoy. I am tempted to pick up the files and attempt to just silver solder one together because I already have the simple gear for it.
I am curious to learn how long a tank of argon will last using a tig to weld up these cages. It's the one thing that has me hesitating on the welder.

Back