• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

IRIE Products

Nice, wasn't sure...kinda looked like black down in between the threads....but. :)

Yes, gotta drive home. When I broke my SCX10 axle housing early in the day I kept crawling all afternoon...fawk it...chewed a set of stock gears...oh well better than not crawling. :)

All PM's responded to.

Yes I am still here and making kits, slowly at times I admit. As usual time is short and the spare time I have had I have been spending it outside before the weather turns sheety.

Re: IRIE Products Twin Hammer Steering & Axles

A GCM tower/top plate and an Irie steering set up are on the 'must have' list. I was just wondering is anyone running any sort of servo saver or have you all found it unnecessary? Don't know if you could fit one with this set up.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

A GCM tower/top plate and an Irie steering set up are on the 'must have' list. I was just wondering is anyone running any sort of servo saver or have you all found it unnecessary? Don't know if you could fit one with this set up.

Modern servos (high torque, metal gears, etc...) have pretty much eliminated the need for servo savers over the last few years. Not only is there no need, you will lose a lot of the steering response and feel with one that makes the Irie kit and modern servos what they are.

Could you fit one though? Not sure. Kimbrough makes some mini savers that may fit, but without quite a bit of hacking I can't see a fullsize unit fitting without interference somewhere. It's tight in there!

Last edited:
did you ever figure out a heavier duty shock tower Irie ?

Some what.
I have had very little time lately and been trying to get kits done for people with what free time I have had, so they have taken kind of a back burner. Although when I received the new plastic that I am trying this time around, I did make up 3 towers and I have been running them ever since. It has held up to many rolls, flips and crashes but I have been able to break 2 of them. One broke when I lost it at full speed on my asphalt drive and the truck rolled, flipped and cart wheeled multiple times. The other broke when I did not quite make my double jump on my backyard U4 track and the rear tires just clipped the lip of the landing ramp. This put the truck in a cart wheel/roll thing slamming it to the ground basically with all the force on the shocks and tower. This new plastic is strong and for 87% of people with a Twin Hammer I believe it would be fine. But I am trying to make it for the 13% of us that drive like someone else stole it.

I have one other product I can try from the same company, that is if there not sick of dealing with me.:ror:

have you also thought about upgrading the cross pins inside the cvd and outside to axial sized cross pins ? i have done it my self buy its a real pain when you don't have the right tools my race ready axles exploded 2 days after the comp here in atlanta at those cross pins once i upgraded they have been fine, even started to twist one of the axles but no broken pins

I run the GCM plate and shock tower set coupled with Irie's steering in one of my TH. While it is a solid setup, it adds a ton of weight to the front of the rig. This weight can be helpful in crawling, but really wrecks the jumping imo. If you want to keep a weight balance i would look at a lighter shock tower. I would go with Iries if i were to do it again. I may be wrong but it looks a lot lighter by design. The bell crank steering is awesome.

have you also thought about upgrading the cross pins inside the cvd and outside to axial sized cross pins ? i have done it my self buy its a real pain when you don't have the right tools my race ready axles exploded 2 days after the comp here in atlanta at those cross pins once i upgraded they have been fine, even started to twist one of the axles but no broken pins

I did contemplate increasing the cross pin size when I first started doing these axles. I just did not because I had such good results with the chromoly cross pins. It is surprising to here they went so fast for you because I have had people run my axles properly maintained for whole U4 seasons with no issues. As for me I have been running the same set for probably a year or so now. I do probably over maintain (if there is such a thing) mine because where I live the soil is very volcanic and it eats up everything if you do not.

I may still do just this if people think it is something they would want. The problem being I just do not have the time for my RC addiction/hobby as I once did, so it may take awhile. Making the fixtures to hold the parts for machining properly would be the time consuming part (as always) but once I got them done it would be rather easy to do.

I do probably over maintain (if there is such a thing) mine because where I live the soil is very volcanic and it eats up everything if you do not.

Central/Southern Oregon moon dust bro! That's all they need to know. Stuff is similar to running glass shards through your rig. Bwahaha...

Sorry to interrupt.

I did contemplate increasing the cross pin size when I first started doing these axles. I just did not because I had such good results with the chromoly cross pins. It is surprising to here they went so fast for you because I have had people run my axles properly maintained for whole U4 seasons with no issues. As for me I have been running the same set for probably a year or so now. I do probably over maintain (if there is such a thing) mine because where I live the soil is very volcanic and it eats up everything if you do not.

I may still do just this if people think it is something they would want. The problem being I just do not have the time for my RC addiction/hobby as I once did, so it may take awhile. Making the fixtures to hold the parts for machining properly would be the time consuming part (as always) but once I got them done it would be rather easy to do.

you should really do it on the next few batches it really made them bulletproof also i used cobalt coated cross pins

Modern servos (high torque, metal gears, etc...) have pretty much eliminated the need for servo savers over the last few years. Not only is there no need, you will lose a lot of the steering response and feel with one that makes the Irie kit and modern servos what they are.

Could you fit one though? Not sure. Kimbrough makes some mini savers that may fit, but without quite a bit of hacking I can't see a fullsize unit fitting without interference somewhere. It's tight in there!
Thanks.
That's pretty much what I thought but wanted to check, I've only just come back into the hobby after a looooong break.

Back