• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

IRIE Products

Anyone selling the steering kit?
I need one, I hope to have a reply from Sr.Irie but I strongly doubt to have one...

Unlikely. if you are after TH bell-crank steering check out Scorched Parts on Shapeways web site.

I wish these were still available. I have a hard time trusting 3d printing for anything structural.

I'm about ready to try and make my own shock tower to replace my bent and twisted Erie tower. It's lasted a few years, but is due for retirement.

I wish these were still available. I have a hard time trusting 3d printing for anything structural.

I'm about ready to try and make my own shock tower to replace my bent and twisted Erie tower. It's lasted a few years, but is due for retirement.
I know someone who has ran the crap out of the Scorched 3d printed shocktower/bell crank. No issues from him yet. He has run it for a while. I was able to get Sr. Iries bellcrank a while ago but it was his first batch after he outsourced it to a machine shop. I wasnt impressed with the quality at all. Tons of slop and sloppy machining. The ones he produced were much nicer. I would imagine he would not be able to put a patent on this as a bell crank setup has been around much longer than his, it is only on a different platform. I think 2 1/2 years is enough for him to forfeit his "right" to exclusivity.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Re: IRIE Products Twin Hammer Steering & Axles

The Scorched one on the GCM plate is really good.

gcmracing.ca tinytrucks.com jsscale.net

is there any way to still get this kit ??Irie's Twin hammer ball bearing bell crank steering & upright shock tower. I2

Re: IRIE Products Twin Hammer Steering & Axles

Only way would be to buy used

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

There's also the design that I developed, which provides a forward battery mount, stand-up shocks and bell crank steering. If you've got access to a 3D printer, it's a dirt cheap, very effective option.
39209256020_247a23db2f_c.jpg

40309652804_f550946c09_c.jpg

41018316421_a1bd8b0cc7_c.jpg

40124819475_e9725674cc_c.jpg

More detail here:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vaterra-twin-hammers/595073-wltoys-clone-hammers-budget-build.html

STL files here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2839924

Back