• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

IRIE Products

Mr IRIE, I really wish you'd make more of these steering kits. I'm getting bombarded with emails to make our own setup because yours is not available. The amount of GCM tower plates that are out there will alone surely make it worth your while, not including your own setups. Please do this, or consider letting someone take it over. It's a great product!

I have a Twin Hammers awaiting these upgrades. I have been putting off buying the GCM shock towers until the bell crank parts are available again.

Sr.Irie has not been around this thread for what seems like an unusually long time. I hope everything is okay with him.

For those who are chomping at the bit, GCM mentioned in another thread that they are working on new parts for the TH. I suspect this may be the sought out bell crank steering.

Sr.Irie has not been around this thread for what seems like an unusually long time. I hope everything is okay with him.

For those who are chomping at the bit, GCM mentioned in another thread that they are working on new parts for the TH. I suspect this may be the sought out bell crank steering.
Might be especially nice bundled with their front tower plate, maybe a revision 2 to make sure they join up nicely.

Might be especially nice bundled with their front tower plate, maybe a revision 2 to make sure they join up nicely.

For sure.

It is a sweet setup, no doubt. I run it in one of my Buggies. While I could see them tweaking the design a bit, I suspect there are a number of folks out there hoping they produce a crank that is compatible to the existing tower plate.

I would guess GCM would prefer to speak with Sr.Irie before going ahead. Who knows, maybe they have.

At the end of the day it makes a lot of sense for GCM to produce a steering crank for their own suspension system.

Add me to the list of those wishing for an Erie bellcrank kit. The one I have is flawless, it's a must have for the incoming kit.

For sure.

It is a sweet setup, no doubt. I run it in one of my Buggies. While I could see them tweaking the design a bit, I suspect there are a number of folks out there hoping they produce a crank that is compatible to the existing tower plate.

I would guess GCM would prefer to speak with Sr.Irie before going ahead. Who knows, maybe they have.

At the end of the day it makes a lot of sense for GCM to produce a steering crank for their own suspension system.

I'm waiting on the Sr.Irie bell crank before I order the GCM plate and tower. The missing Sr.Irie is stalling the economy....internationally. :mrgreen:

I'm waiting on the Sr.Irie bell crank before I order the GCM plate and tower. The missing Sr.Irie is stalling the economy....internationally. :mrgreen:

Right!? Exactly why when GCM says they are working on new TH parts one thinks they must be steering cranks.

Perhaps @Generis will drop us another hint:mrgreen:

My question is, is this particular part patented? If not, why doesn't GCM start manufacturing this part for the masses or possibly change the design a bit so there won't be any legality violations

I have no idea whether Sr.Irie has a patent, but regardless I would assume GCM would prefer to communicate first out of respect. Having spoken with Chris at GCM on the phone a couple of times, he seems a stand-up guy. I know GCM reached out to SR.Irie in this thread(as many have for the past few months)to no public response. I have no idea whether they have spoken privately though.

According to his forum stats, he's been inactive since May.. "Last Activity: 05-18-2017 08:39 PM"

Will we see GCM produce a bell crank for your highly coveted front shock tower plate?:mrgreen:

it's called common decency :)

It's called business opportunity. If it's not a patent pending, then it is considered homemade and the general public has the option to reproduce said item, and this includes small businesses. Look at for example, grass seed.... nothing special about, plentiful depending on geographical location but look at how many brands are at your local home improvement warehouse. Just an example

Got my 2nd hand Irie and GCM installed! Suspension needs tweaking. Swapped stock slider over to the second rig i got for a buddy
Tiejr7cl.jpg

Last edited:
Back