• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

General body build advice - Vanquish Phoenix straight axle

chilly

Rock Stacker
I just decided on a Vanquish Phoenix with straight axles to serve as my more realistic crawling focused trail truck, maybe Class 1 or 2 if I can sort that out. I have a Capra with 4ws that will be the anything's-legal-if-it-works side of things.

I was set on either a rc4wd Blazer hardbody, Traxxas nice lean blazer/bronco, or an injura Cherokee hardbody. Still love those and was leaning towards a hardbody for this (again, capra serves the other end of the spectrum).

But then I ended up getting a Vanquish Phoenix with straight axles and and am now thinking about giving the body a chance. I like old school Land Cruisers and it's not terrible looking for a molded lexan shell. I was thinking of painting it the traditional cruiser colors - tan with white hood on the exterior instead of interior. So not glossy and shiny lean. Then maybe either silver or rust coloring on interior. for when it scratches.

Then get the typical rip off eBay parts that say 'land cruiser' and 'Toyota' etc.

I never wanted to be perfect competition scale - just a fairly believable rig when I'm looking at it while I drive it. So maybe this will work out. The bronco/blazer are still my 100% favorite platforms, but the old school cruisers is close behind.

Anyway, I've never tried much to make one look good, so wondering if my plan sounds sound (?) or anyone had tips to keep in mind.

I think you’re on the right track. Doesn’t hurt to give the Phoenix body a chance, not to mention vp did a thorough job designing the body to work with the chassis, it’s almost a shame to toss it out.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back