• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
Couldn't resist and had to post this update.

The other night I came across this epic truck:

... and thought: Somehow the market got flooded with Trophy Trucks lately and wasn't there a Hot Rod body that looked almost comical?

Actually it doesn't at all and once painted silver on the outside and covered with red primer and flat black - I might as well have the first Yeti Rat Rod!
Have to sort out the intestines and might add a longer pickup bed and some "real" side pipes.

It's not the same model, I know, but fits pretty good and is not as fragile as some scale styrene queen ;-) Can't wait to throw some paint on there!

OH man it looks nice and all but i was just getting into your tonka trophy truck build. I even ordered an sc8 cage to do add ot my yeti TT build.

for your TT what did you use as the rear bumper? Im thinking of using the existing TT rear tire carrier and somehow merging it with the sc8 cage. Ill see if its feasable.

for your TT what did you use as the rear bumper? Im thinking of using the existing TT rear tire carrier and somehow merging it with the sc8 cage. Ill see if its feasable.

I went with a dirt cheap bumper I found online. One like this:
U05121613 Iron Track Atomik RC Rear Bumper for Mayhem 4WD Brushless Truck Car U05121613 Iron Track Atomik RC Rear Bumper for Mayhem 4WD Brushless Truck Car | eBay

I cut the mount and used zipties plastic and cable clamps to mount it to the cage. You will hardly ever land it on the bumper I think, so it doesn't have to actually protect your rig.

That rat rod idea is genius. Keep the same wheel and tire combo, from what I see they should be close. Maybe Axial's old Hankook Dynapros (from the Exo) would work because they look like what that truck has on it... Can't wait to see it painted though!

You should probably put this in a different thread too... Rat Rod Yeti haha

Last edited:
That rat rod idea is genius. Keep the same wheel and tire combo, from what I see they should be close. Maybe Axial's old Hankook Dynapros (from the Exo) would work because they look like what that truck has on it... Can't wait to see it painted though!

You should probably put this in a different thread too... Rat Rod Yeti haha

I was wanting to go with the DUNE T/As and shorter shocks also. Thought about using chalk paint - that way I could paint it with chalk board markers and redo it whenever I washed it off ;-)

And yes, that needs to go in a different thread eventually (thanks for the thread name "thumbsup". The original one is a serious truck with King shocks, trailing arms and so forth. Check this link out: 1937 International Truck with a LS6 – Engine Swap Depot

Back