• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
Stock hubs and wheels on mine. Mine measures 12.5" from outside to outside. My wheels are about even with the fenders just like yours, but my tires stick out more than the wheels, so I'm sure that's the problem. Gotta get some Dunes and I'll be good to go.

Yeah - you will be surprised how small these 2.2s are "thumbsup" I am thinking about getting Team Associated KMC wheels and SCT tires in the future. The only problem I have with the Dune T/As: while they look scale, they are so slick, they don't throw a lot of dirt and dust in the air ;-)

I used to run trenchers and gladiators on my sc8. The trenchers were awesome on loose dirt for bashing, the gladiators were ok for track practice days.

Nice truck, no front bumper?

Question, what rear bumper is that? And any close up pictures of how you attached it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump for a beautiful build i'd like to see more of

Yeah he has a great build. His build (and a couple from rcshortcourse) is what inspired me to convert my yeti. One of my favorites for sure"thumbsup"

Honestly, finding that d@mn desert racing sub-forum over there is what has caused limited space in the shop:lmao:not so much the crawlers

Hey, I'm going to be doing a project with my yeti and I want to do it exactly like yous just not as the tonka truck one. What parts did you use to get your truck to be in a trophy truck look? (Cage, tires, wheels, body, ect.)

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Hey, I'm going to be doing a project with my yeti and I want to do it exactly like yous just not as the tonka truck one. What parts did you use to get your truck to be in a trophy truck look? (Cage, tires, wheels, body, ect.)

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Hi - good luck with your project!
Maybe you start this thread from the beginning - has pretty much all the infos in here. SC8e 1/8 body with mathcing roll cage, stock Yeti. Only the front (tall) body post is taken from a scx10 and the rear bumper is some random one from a short course truck. I used some aluminum for the spare tire mount and a small plate to mount the SC8e cage higher than the stock one. I pretty much used zip ties and cable clamps only to attach everything. Later I added SSD rear axle, different springs and a few other details - just browse through the pics "thumbsup"

awesome build, things like this makes me want a Yeti

This way, or I guess Axial's new trophy truck, the Yeti is a lot of fun for me. For the trails and rocks I like other rigs better. And by your location you should live in the perfect place for a trophy truck (Baja?) "thumbsup" Once it gets a little warmer, I will do a new video - hopefully by then I have a front bumper and the suspension improved.

yes mi friend, I live in Baja, the land of the TT trophy trucks and one of my goals is to have one, the new axial TT is real good but really like the custom TT that guys build over the yeti or twin hammers.

Im thinking to sell my current ofna nexx10SC to fund a yeti TT

Arrrrgh. Took the truck for a first run this year and got about 5 minutes runtime when the ESC went up in smoke :-( Glad, it didn't catch on fire. I ran a 3900kv motor with a 1/10 Dynamite FUZE esc on 3s. I know there is a great Tekin esc out there, but I cannot spend that much money as of now... any recommendations guys? I want to stick with 3s and the 3900kv motor for now... thought about a Kyosho Vortex, but on 3s and this motor, I will be right at its limit as well...

I'm running the Orion vortex r8 (stock foxx esc), in my foxx mud truck and my yeti tt conversion and they work great, tons of power capability, cheap, $70 on eBay, new, and 4s capacity if one so desires.
I believe they max at 4000 kv. You might just need to go 4 s.

Last edited:
I'm running the Orion vortex r8 (stock foxx esc), in my foxx mud truck and my yeti tt conversion and they work great, tons of power capability, cheap, $70 on eBay, new, and 4s capacity if one so desires.
I believe they max at 4000 kv. You might just need to go 4 s.

I had that combo on my ebay watch list for the longest time too! Finally went with Mamba Monster and a 3900kv motor on 3S. Oversized, but first test run went great. I also got BF Goodrich tires now for more traction.

Now, I might have to go back to 2S since I can not go in a straight line on full throttle anymore :shock:

Can't go wrong with a Mamba Monster!

Heres mine. Still a work in progress.. back cage needs finishing and body needs mounting. Motor is a ofna 550 3300kv (made by Tekin). running a 56t spur and 23t pinion. Pretty good speed on 3s.

IMG_2988.jpg

IMG_2989.jpg

Back in the desert. Score! Err no, it's my SC8e Yeti ;-)

Changes made:
a) BF Goodrichs - better traction.
b) Dual shocks in the rear
c) I added preload springs in the front.
d) Sway bar - in the front! This eliminated body roll almost completely.

I need to edit a short video - but until then, here are a couple of pics "thumbsup"

For the last one I "borrowed" a Nevada desert background :mrgreen:

I leave this here - quickly thrown together ;-)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jZMu78pkdME" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You don't stick out nearly as far as I do bud and mine is fine
d2d437857efbe8bb8d3eba7a94cbdcbb.jpg

That 80's Bronco body looks really good on the Yeti. How well does it fit on the truck and how did you mount it?

That 80's Bronco body looks really good on the Yeti. How well does it fit on the truck and how did you mount it?
Fits pretty good and I mounted it with the proline body mounts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back