• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Shame to not build an XL while hopups exist. So here we go

I present to you, JaegerBomb
ibhO60Jh.jpg

YbYuZl5h.jpg

60a8bN7h.jpg

fM9L9M8h.jpg

ABsF8Ldh.jpg

etdFqmKh.jpg

nBuKnIRh.jpg

Flex:

tvjCIBRh.jpg

94CRrCmh.jpg

Just the LEDs remain, sidemarkers, and currently installing an FPV camera in one of the helmet sets. Not sure if I'll use a pan tilt and run no roof or what...

Time to rip it up and get some action video/shots.

Got some paddles too "thumbsup"

Dude!!! That came out awesome man!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks! I kind of overdid it for a basher :lmao:

Look awesome. Great job. "thumbsup"

"thumbsup"

Looks awesome I just finished my xl last month. Have you got our to drive it yet?

Yeah what the last four said.

Its a shelf queen! why would I do that!?

I kid I kid! :lmao:

Sorry guys. I get about one day a week and only a few hours before falling ill again with pain. (chronic pancreatitis) I've driven it in the back yard (very steep pie shaped yard great for crawlers. The sensored motor could use gearing down for sure. 6s is STUPID crazy on this thing. Running 4s until I get everything sorted.

I feel like the front arms might be too tight in the Hot Racing bulkhead? They required a hell of a lot of sanding to even fit, let alone travel smoothly. With the extra weight, I'm in need of spring suggestions as it barely rebounds the front end all the way up standing still.. I've heard Savage Flux HP shocks rear, but front is my biggest concern. Its front heavy stock, let alone with all this aluminum. I need to mess with baja springs or something... I did some reading on it. Losi XLT for front?

Anyone running one with a lot of aluminum and different front shocks? Dual would be ideal I think I saw BHB did it?

I'll try and head out to the quarry in griffith park tomorrow and bring the gopro! I've got carter fab panels and another cage for actual driving, Jaeger body on display. Also picked up Baja 5b Sand Tires in black/orange and some 24mm adapters.

Been building a Gmade GOM, baja rey, and UDR to sell for charity.

I'll post vids asap "thumbsup"

Sorry to hear about your health mate.

Which pinion mods did you end up doing?

I've been running mine on 3s (it's all I have) and I'm wanting to go to 4s but I'm scared I'll break the gears lol.

I just don't have the $300 funds to get the aluminium transmission housing or an aluminium rear axle.

Sorry to hear about your health mate.

Which pinion mods did you end up doing?

I've been running mine on 3s (it's all I have) and I'm wanting to go to 4s but I'm scared I'll break the gears lol.

I just don't have the $300 funds to get the aluminium transmission housing or an aluminium rear axle.

All good, just life and age!

The rear end on these seems the least of our problems...

No pinion mod. I did however get the HD curved gears and did the 3 bearing mod within a mm. I also added a rubber boot from a baja and cut it down for the GPM shaft which may or may not hold up. I have it secured to the axle not the shaft, so the rubber should wear and I'll have to clean it occasionally but should work...

Thanks BHB

This is the boot I made. It's a tap fitting.
I drilled out the small end to fit really tight on the shaft and the big end fits almost perfectly over the axle.

The big but turns independently of the small bit if needed in a bind but otherwise it always turns with he shaft.

After like 10 runs it's need perfect and the bearings are pretty much clean.
4a61c46f9e644f2720fe5f2f408e6372.jpg

This is the boot I made. It's a tap fitting.
I drilled out the small end to fit really tight on the shaft and the big end fits almost perfectly over the axle.

The big but turns independently of the small bit if needed in a bind but otherwise it always turns with he shaft.

After like 10 runs it's need perfect and the bearings are pretty much clean.
4a61c46f9e644f2720fe5f2f408e6372.jpg

thats brilliant. I have a few of those around!

thanks!

Back