• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

fxman

Quarry Creeper
Kinda trying the trophy truck route. First teasers: Yeti with Associated SC8e body. Tires are Dune T/As. Building a rear end from left over roll cages incl tire carriers, radiator, light bar on top, etc. You get the idea.

Wonder how long all that will last on a basher ;-)

7806c6b46a4413ff2b5bdb73ba0b2150.jpg

3077ba78d8f7e7af31ac324a810074aa.jpg

db491c4d5adfb64234f104d9d7c22261.jpg

189192caac1598374e0521d93d8e3848.jpg

Hope to make some progress on the weekend!

The rear cage looks good. I've been thinking about doing something similar to the rear of the cage. "thumbsup"

Subbed! Ive thought of doing this ever since i swapped the stock body for aluminum panels. I was afraid those tires would be too short but they look good! And the wheelbase of the body looks spot on.

Thanks guys - I will do my best ;-)

Have to figure out a body mount system. Since I cannot use the origin mounting points I am wondering, which is better: Attach body and cage "permanently" and then mount it to chassis - for easy access. Or rather, cage to chassis permanently and just take the body off - which seems sturdier...
And what color I go for: Local hardware store doesn't have any options, so mine are: yellow (which will look good with all the black, like the Tonka trophy truck) or metallic blue (Subi STi style with gold rims or course, yeah!)

I vote to attach the cage to the body. Then figure out some type of hinge system like the stock setup to mount the cage/ body onto the chassis.
As far as color scheme- Hell, Ive been drivin Subies forever. So my heavily biased vote obviously goes for the blue on gold. Even though Ive never seen a trophy truck on a WRC stage. :mrgreen:

Too busy at work... And then I ran out of hardware... Here are a few teaser shots though. Got the body cut roughly, spare tires placed, a sct8 cage set up with the yeti cockpit (fits good) and tied a rear bumper to it. Sits up high right now still. Couldn't test run it until everything is tightened....
As much as I am an Impreza fan, I will go with yellow (and add self made tonka stickers ;-) someone else did a mica blue yeti already.
1f433ab469ab117458df7f269f580674.jpg

f97f919adf0c5a9a2e9f2688543e07a6.jpg

a282c2225dd1776783e12c9f5172ca25.jpg

816084282bbcd814cb77b40eda92944e.jpg

Update: I finally got all the mounting points figured out and put it together for a test run. To make it short: it ran very smooth! The combination of super firm springs in the rear, 70 mm firm in the front and the spare tires on the back made it bounce slowly, soft and scale looking "thumbsup"

I just ran it in my driveway on concrete where the Dune T/As stick very well - but the spare tires kept it from rolling over even in tight turns.
I just run 2S I have to admit.

For the test run I used some styrene parts that will be replaced with aluminum later on. And it was too rainy here to paint the body yet, so that has to wait - just like my awful trimming job that has to be revised before .... I hate lexan :shock:
Here are a few photos:

yeti_open.jpg

yeti_rear_1.jpg

yeti_rear_2.jpg

yeti_top.jpg

yeti_top_1.jpg

yeti_front_1.jpg

I haven't driven it much, but right afterwards the entire area smelled like burned rubber... They are harder than my crawler tires but still the rubber compound is very soft. So lots of grip but not for long I assume? My rig seems pretty heavy because I can still make it fishtail. Will try to get a video of the test run soon!

I tried to capture some handling in slow motion in the alley and driveway.
Excuse my crappy video filming and editing ;-) I really need someone else to do this ... or take a little more time for this.
Anyways, maybe you can tell how the tires in the back try to plant the yeti to the ground. With the original body, tires and springs the Yeti would just roll sideways in every turn ...

[url]https://youtu.be/iMnnPLFnuk8[/URL]

How do you embed videos anyways?

Last edited:
nice job filmimg and i see what you mean about the tires they seem to grab pretty well under the weight of the rear end
i fixed it -
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iMnnPLFnuk8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

go to your video and click "share" "embed" and copy and past the code
like this-

Last edited:
go to your video and click "share" "embed" and copy and past the code
like this-
[/QUOTE]

Need to do that with the next one! Thank you very much! "thumbsup"
And I thought I was a techie - not.

Back