• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

DrDiff952's Weekend Warrior SCX-Wraith

Got these modified today. I ended up grinding flat spots and then cutting the pin part off to make a set screw.
20150214_185947_zpslhcihxzd.jpg

Finally got the SCX-WRAITH functional again.
20150220_184757_zpsvlyla1lj.jpg

The truck is very different. I will go as far as to say less tipsy. I've never driven a panhard setup before so I am quite curious to see what will it do. I need to adjust the slipper as the rig tries to wheely despite all the weight up front.

Last edited:
Put these on my rig today...
20150226_152412_zpsxdzrrvmz.jpg

Spoke with Vanquish about the bent steering rod link from the VPS06973/VPS06972 kit. It is not available outside that kit,
This is one part that they need to offer for those of us who bought the individual CMS and Panhard mounts.

Since I wasn't going to buy a 12.3 inch CMS Panhard link kit for my 12.0 rig, I went ahead and grabed a set of pliers and
bent my threaded rod link around the pumpkin, and backed out the rod ends a few turns. It looks hack as heck but works.

Last edited:
Well the rear flares can't be mounted due to interference with the Wraith cage remnants.

Decision time Axial G6 body or front flares only?

The USPS says I have a package due today...

20150303_151341_zpsvqxptlkd.jpg

Vanquish 12" wheelbase titanium link set.

Last edited:
I noticed a lot of servo motion when the steering servo operates. I don't know if this is due to the axial Plastic Servo mounts?
I used longer screws when I put in the Vanquish CMS kit.

Maybe it is time for More Vanquish goodies? Vanquish Servo Mounts?

Last edited:
Starting to think about the Dinky Split Skid. I hate to loose the Vanquish Aluminum Transmission housing. But I could sell it and
recoupe part of the funds for hte Dinky Split Skid, and it would get the CG lower on this rig!

Last edited:
OK I bought a clear Axial G6 body and roll cage off of ebay. I asked the vendor to ship all three parts in one shipment, but they did not do it.
So the body should get here Thursday, and the cage parts will not be here until Monday. I hate it when a ebay Vendor ships UPS instead of USPS.

This means a new driver figure and passenger figure who will have to become Pelvis lower amputees. My lights will have to be modified. The
center two lights off of a string of four white lights will be detached and a connector installed so that I can remove the body and still have
working head lights and fog lights in the bumper. Tail lights will have to be drilled and housings installed as well, The fender flares will be installed.

I hate giving up the 6 points for spare and drop bed. But I have some mirrors on the way, a water and fuel tank, and a shovel to count for scale points

And I think I have a part number for a Vanquish Titanium Steering Link.

Last edited:
OK have to vent.

The people who I bough the body, cage sides, cage top from, they would not combine all items and ship in one package. grr..

They ship UPS. I finally find the tracking numbers and UPS has sent my package from the local distribution center to the US Post Office. Grr...

They won't track it anymore because it is out of their system and in the hands of the USPS! GRR!!!

At this point It may be July before I get the body and cage parts!

Sorry had to vent!

Re: DrDiff952's Weekend Warrior SCX-10

Not only did my winch upgrade parts arrive, my new body arrived as well. Axial Jeep Wrangler G6
20150306_155934_zps455puwn7.jpg

I plan on putting the Axial Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited flairs on this one.

Last edited:
I got some mirrors for the SCX-10
20150310_170051_zpsvkjyaq0r.jpg

My 3 Racing Winch has the Comando Free Spool Mod from Locked Up RC. And installed the Comando hopped up motor as well.
20150311_192453_zpstya1oy1p.jpg

Last edited:

Body painted, tail lights installed. Windshield still needs painting.
20150313_215142_zps9dzcdp74.jpg

20150313_215111_zpsp6zdxye2.jpg

Mini Mag flash light reflectors with Axial bulbs.
20150317_193745_zpsp03a8m1p.jpg

Interior details: Steering Wheel, Shifter, and Passenger Grab Bar
20150317_200833_zpsbv2a9p7b.jpg

Last edited:

Lights mounted on body and in bumper...
20150318_233423_zpssstoachz.jpg

Working...
20150318_233409_zpszszrzwoq.jpg

Last edited:

More scale goodies: RC4WD Mini Kong Shackles Locked Up RC Winch Saver and Winch Hook.
20150324_162024_zpsob75ainv.jpg

It's been a while, I finally found my Shoe Goo and my driver has been seated despite his recent abdominal pelvisectomy.
20150425_112954_zpswbrmqryk.jpg

Back