• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

DrDiff952's Weekend Warrior SCX-Wraith

Well the Super Shafty Ultimate Motor Mount Plate has arrived. :) But the Vanquish SCX-10 Transmission Case (the part needed most) still has yet to show up. USPS says Saturday or Monday. :cry: :x :evil:

Vanquish SCX-10 Transmission Houring came today. WOW! This is my first Vanquish part and It is Incredible! I can only imagine how their axles would be.
20141115_222739_zpsjjwkrulx.jpg

I couldn't believe how much smoother the transmission is. Hmm, Maybe this rig needs a set of Curries!
20141116_004729_zpsa3u4aikh.jpg

Last edited:
I know my VP ar60 axle housings are really nice...I have yet to have them "hang up" on rocks or anything else..

So first Test run and I find my wheels have stripped (I have a NEW set) but I am thinking I may have to do Aluminum. And a wheel nut spun off into oblivion...

I unmounted my Proline SS TSL 1.9's and mounted them on my new rims. I then moved the Radio Box to the rear position. I want to mount the battery crowsise on the chassis just behind the front shock towers.

Well this is where I hit a problem. I run 3S 2200 LiPo Packs and they will hit on the Wraith cage. And there is another problem wth the stock radio box behind the transmission, the WRaith cage hits on the battery box.
I have been doing this since Harley announced his but I don't think he ever got to the electronics stage. So I am not going to be able to Lower the battery as low as I want, and run the Wraith body and cage.

I will also have to narrow the rock sliders as well if I use the Wraith body/cage

Last edited:
I have been to oblivion and back, I found the missing wheelnut from post 25. new issues with my MMP. Seems that the port where the sensor harness plugs in has broken off the MMP.

SO...repair trip to Castle is in order.

I am starting to halucinate more and more Vanquish goodies on this rig.

shock towers...
links...
Curries...

Not making purchases for the Rig. I have to buy Christmas for my two sons and, Well That takes priority over the rig. You know how it goes.

Maybe If I can find some solder at a decent price.... I will work on the lights and winch. Maybe I should get another Flysky 6 ch RX?

Hey...how much solder you need? I have some extra laying around in the shed....i think its about 3/4 of a tube...

By the time i need it again it will be lost lol..

Worked on mounting the Wraith body and cage. I either need to move the battery or get some taller front body mounts.

Ordered a new ProLine Jeep Wrangler Rubicon for Wraith body today. It is going on the existing wraith cage that goes on this SCX-10 frame.

Got a new ProLine Jeep Wrangler Rubicon for Wraith body. Mounting it up tonight.

I am debating removing as much of the un-necessary Wraith cage as possible.

Everything forward of the front door pillar.
20141212_212444_zpsqjmvycvs.jpg

Everything forward of the horizontal dash support bar.

20141212_212411_zpsukpma6fl.jpg

Got something you won't see. A 6 channel RX. Why you ask. This rig can not have 4WS nor Dig. But it can have a winch, and I want a channel for the lights Thus a 6 channel RX.

I had originally intended on another pearl white paint job, but with the gold, black might look better

Just got these today
20141223_151110_zpsiesyskax.jpg

I hope that they allow me to lay the shocks down and change the way the truck takes suspension hits.

No real carnage from the run at Coffee Creek Watershed for the SCX-Wraith.

20141226_140343_zpszc6kmiz_edit_1419663035829_zpsugj3db44.jpg

Only the paint.

I am going to have to lengthen the rear links a little to center the rear axle in the wheel arch. And I need to finalize the location for the electronics.

Last edited:
I mounted the winch on the rig today. Controller wired in, but it needs final wiring it is functional. -3 points at any NWI T.T.C. event.

20150101_203926_zpslskswuos.jpg

Video to come.

Last edited:
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/E-45xXSQGQ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back