• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
This build is a real hoot to read, as it's almost a comedy mini series of sorts! And being a certified dumb ass as I am, I have found solice in the fact that there may be a kindered soul or two around here that do not always achieve perfection in every upgrade attempt. Nor do they mind sharing the whoops with the rest of us!

Keep up the great build! I would try to mirror it, but the fact that you already ordered 1808 axles alone, puts you, and this build about a home mortgage above what I have to spend, and I'm not even going into the list of platinum plated solid gold priced other bad ass goodies you've added! :lmao:

I've been given quite a bit of freedom with my build from my financial backer and I can't even come close to keeping up in this race! I will certainly have some Dlux and UCFab goodies, but nowhere near this amount of bling.

Keep the dream alive Mr. Dicky, sir!

This build is a real hoot to read, as it's almost a comedy mini series of sorts! And being a certified dumb ass as I am, I have found solice in the fact that there may be a kindered soul or two around here that do not always achieve perfection in every upgrade attempt. Nor do they mind sharing the whoops with the rest of us!

Keep up the great build! I would try to mirror it, but the fact that you already ordered 1808 axles alone, puts you, and this build about a home mortgage above what I have to spend, and I'm not even going into the list of platinum plated solid gold priced other bad ass goodies you've added! :lmao:

Thanks man! I always enjoy making a build thread as a scrap book of sorts for me to look back at. Even better if others enjoy it too!

I have no shame, I can and will own up to my errors. No one can be on point all the time "thumbsup"

And this works with the Ofna cv axles?

Ofna Uni's. The spool setup is from Erik, it is the BMRC spool if I recall, ofna outdrive cups, ofna uni's, and DLUX knuckles and hubs. Quite the kit he pieced together. And I still have the diff if I want it for days I have Ricky Bobby "I want to go fast" moments. But this Squatch is destined for a slower life than most.

But the Swamp Sqautch now starts down the originaly intended path of being as good of scale crawler as an Axial Yeti can be. If only some vendor would make a slipper eliminator (hint, hint, to any locker making type vendors that may read this). The slipper will become an issue for me now. I have an idea to lock it up until a proper solution hits the market. We will revisit that after I get some more time driving it and just can't stand the slipper anymore.

And.... oh yeah!

Well shoot... My idea of flipping the steering rack to get more throw doesn't work... I couldn't get the front bilkhead back in... At least I only wasted a plastic piece in this attempt at more steering...

The T\E-Maxx hinge pins with a collar do work though! I had to drill the holes to 1/8, which is just a hair bigger than 3mm so I don't have concerns over the chassis breaking. Added the STRC front skid while I was at it.

I need to get some Traxxas Jato rod ends to replace all of the axial ones up front. They are all stretched enough now that the pillow balls fall out if the ends are not retained. Other than that.... Soild!

Great Build! Truck looks real cool.

Will this work as a slipper eliminator? It's well made.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/locked-up-rc/388886-slipper-eliminator-kits-now-available.html

I have some pictures on my Wraith thread. The second and third pictures.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/523938-sdheavymetals-wraith.html

Thanks! No it won't. The shaft length of the wraith and yeti are much different. The Yeti shaft is much longer due to the potential of a 2 speed. I have that eliminator in my wraith.

Last edited:
As far as I know you should not be able to see light between the end of the rod end and the pillow ball...

So... Bring on the beef! I like that the Jato ends thread on much further to achieve the same eye to eye length.

Per usual, gotta cook the family some grub, then I'll finish the beefing up of the front end, and maybe find something else I'm not pleased with... Man I wish my wife could cook, I gotta do everything around this joint... lol

As far as I know you should not be able to see light between the end of the rod end and the pillow ball...

So... Bring on the beef! I like that the Jato ends thread on much further to achieve the same eye to eye length.

Per usual, gotta cook the family some grub, then I'll finish the beefing up of the front end, and maybe find something else I'm not pleased with... Man I wish my wife could cook, I gotta do everything around this joint... lol

Ok this looks like a few things I may well steal. The titanium pins n collar for sure. Though I may be sending you a pm about a few questions I have on it.

The reason I quoted it though was for the ending paragraph about your wife not cooking, as it reminded me of a small carved figure my grandfather had displayed on his bar downstairs. It was of a drunk nearly sliding off his bar stool holding a Martinii glass, it read: "Thank God for olives in Martiniis, other wise I'd starve to death":lmao:

Ok this looks like a few things I may well steal. The titanium pins n collar for sure. Though I may be sending you a pm about a few questions I have on it.

The reason I quoted it though was for the ending paragraph about your wife not cooking, as it reminded me of a small carved figure my grandfather had displayed on his bar downstairs. It was of a drunk nearly sliding off his bar stool holding a Martinii glass, it read: "Thank God for olives in Martiniis, other wise I'd starve to death":lmao:

Borrow any ideas you want, if something I post can help out a fellow hobbiest, then I have done my "job" lol

PM me any question, anytime. I'm always more than happy to help out if I can. "thumbsup"

My wife is useless in the kitchen, she caught it on fire once boiling water :lmao: No, I am NOT joking... She has no desire to learn either. I went to culinary school and am fairly skilled in the kitchen due to it, so she just says "why should I bother"... Except when I get sick and she has a brief moment of wishing she could.

Regular 'ol Mr. Mom, huh?! "thumbsup"

Guess I got lucky on that front. My wife can cook just about anything. I'm pretty well in charge of breakfast and grilling, but everything else is fair game for her. :mrgreen:

Culinary school, huh? My brother-in-law went to Le Cordon Bleu here in Dallas and while is was a bit of a pain in the ass having him live with for almost two years....he could cook! He'd come home from class at like 10:30-11:00 and start cooking shit and come get us to taste it. I still need to have that kid teach me how to make French bread! He's in Ogden, UT now on a Mormon mission until Nov. 2016.

Last edited:
Yep, culinary school. I went to Johnson & Wales here in Miami. If not for a bad bike accident that makes it very painful to stand for more than about 15 minutes, I would be a chef now rather than a corporate IT slave. :lmao:

And on the 4th day, DT said let there be beef, and there was!

How's your track width after installing the Dlux front end bits? Had a chance to throw your wheels back on yet?

I turn my back for a minute and the Squatch starts hitting the bottle...

I don't think I'll leave it here, too exposed for a nice scale item. The fire extinguisher is at least tucked in some. I have an idea though, I just need to unpack my other big RC box in hopes I still have some .125 lexan sheet, or order some.

How's your track width after installing the Dlux front end bits? Had a chance to throw your wheels back on yet?

Yeah, I just got back inside from running it! It is wide, 13", but I am more than happy to deal with the extra width for the strength benefit given by the Uni's and 16mm knuckle bearings.

Back